Last Reply
6 days ago
replies
views
users
  • Luca Giliberti
    Participant
    Topics:

So nominee discussions aside, I have had my fair share of problems with the Emmy ceremonies over the past few years, like not showing any scenes at all or just showing them for several categories. I liked how they did it last year though. One the hand, showing two different pictures (very different ones) from the show, and then they projected the character the winner was portraying very big at the front. That I really did like! But they need to make it more about the shows. I think Amanda here on Goldderby rightly said that they need to think twice about how they pair up presenters. It’s a hit and miss with them. Last year they had Jane Fonda, Lily Tomlin and Dolly Parton, which was so great. But they for example failed to have Viola Davis and Cicely Tyson present together, who are not only friends but play mother and daughter on HTGAWM. And as I said, it needs to be less about politics and more about TV. Yes, politics are and will always be important but it’s becoming annoying. The Emmys are there to celebrate TV. What the actors do with their large platform when they win, that’s entirely up to them of course.

I want an intro video like they had in 2014. That is probably the best Emmy ceremony of the last few years. They did an awesome job.

I also kind of liked how they didn’t reward by genre this year. It allowed to have some variety, especially since THT and BLL swept.

What are your wishes?

Luca G.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Reply To: 2018 Emmy Ceremony

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.