Home Forums Television 2018 Emmy Predictions Drama (Part 2)

2018 Emmy Predictions Drama (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 564 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
( +10 hidden )
replies
views
users
Awards Fanatic
Stegeo
Teridax
  • Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

If Millie BB wins, I will throw something at my TV. I love her but she has no right to be nominated among these exceptional actresses. It can be anyone else, just not her

Relax, I think her moment was last year and it didn’t happen. Right now, she’s just a repeat nominee of an Emmy-fav show

I don’t know I could see her getting snubbed. It’s a packed race this year.

I would agree but the fact that she carried her own episode boosts her chances.

An episode that most people despised. It has a 6,2/10 on IMDb with 13k votes.

Sure, it doesn’t mean Brown was bad though.

leothescorpio
    Participant
    Topics:

Westworld is a trash show, but I am loving Evan Rachel Wood’s performance more than Newton’s so far. Granted Lead Actress is more stacked, I’ll still comfortably predict Wood (at #4). Also the “no one is talking about Evan Rachel Wood” is an argument that is too subjective to take into account especially from fanboys of other contenders. Literally every review praised Wood and her ability to slip into Wyatt and Delores so seemlessly.

With all that said, Russell is building up an excellent narrative and her winning would be the best Lead Actress win this decade.

Reis
    Participant
    Topics:

Westworld is a trash show, but I am loving Evan Rachel Wood’s performance more than Newton’s so far. Granted Lead Actress is more stacked, I’ll still comfortably predict Wood (at #4). Also the “no one is talking about Evan Rachel Wood” is an argument that is too subjective to take into account especially from fanboys of other contenders. Literally every review praised Wood and her ability to slip into Wyatt and Delores so seemlessly.

With all that said, Russell is building up an excellent narrative and her winning would be the best Lead Actress win this decade.

Although I don’t agree with “is a trash show” opinion, I agree about Wood. She is giving a great performance and she have a narrative about the abuses she has suffered in the past and all the speechs she is making about how Dolores remembers her all the pain she passed and the force the character give to her in this moments. If HBO plays, like Sasha always say, dirty in the FYC events with Wood talking about this, she could even have a narrative to win.

Reis
    Participant
    Topics:

Lmaooo Headey is not a lock or unbeatable. I heard that so much for Mother’s Mercy and she lost (I forgot who). And we can’t say Carter or Streep won’t give undeniable performances or reviews if they haven’t even finished filming yet.

This is true, but a final season of a beloved and most-awarded show ever is really a impulse for her to win.

mariogomez
    Participant
    Topics:

Right now, it seems Dowd will repeat again winning the Emmy in Drama Supporting Actress, she gives a showy performance and every time she is on screen she steals the show. She should submit episodes 1 or 4.

Kirby deserves a nomination for her performance in The Crown, particularly in episodes 4 and 7 for second season.

Millie Bobby Brown scored another SAG nomination, so i think she is a lock for a nomination. Guilds are very important so often to determine nominees in Emmy awards.

J H
    Participant
    Topics:

are there really “emmy narratives”? it seems that usu they just go with who they like most.

Awards Fanatic
    Participant
    Topics:

Right now, it seems Dowd will repeat again winning the Emmy in Drama Supporting Actress, she gives a showy performance and every time she is on screen she steals the show. She should submit episodes 1 or 4. Kirby deserves a nomination for her performance in The Crown, particularly in episodes 4 and 7 for second season. Millie Bobby Brown scored another SAG nomination, so i think she is a lock for a nomination. Guilds are very important so often to determine nominees in Emmy awards.

I would be totally fine with her winning again. Her reaction last year was so amazing to watch. Though I still stand with my decision to put Lena Headey in one if she is the sole nomination for GOT. Something tells me that she won’t though. I just hope Alexis Bledel makes it in as well, and in a perfect world Yvonne Strahovski.

Luca G.

sofan
    Participant
    Topics:

My predictions are like this:

Series 

• The Americans
    • The Crown
    • Game of Thrones
    • The Handmaid’s Tale
    • Stranger Things
    • This Is Us
    • Westworld

Lead Actress 

• Emilia Clarke – Game of Thrones
    • Claire Foy – The Crown
    • Mandy Moore – This Is Us
    • Elisabeth Moss – The Handmaid’s Tale
    • Keri Russell – The Americans
    • Evan Rachel Wood – Westworld

Spoiler: Tatiana Maslany – Orphan black

Lead Actor 

• Sterling K. Brown – This Is Us
    • Kit Harington – Game of Thrones
    • Matthew Rhys – The Americans
    • Liev Schreiber – Ray Donovan
    • Milo Ventimiglia – This Is Us
    • Jeffrey Wright – Westworld

Supporting Actress 

• Alexis Bledel – The Handmaid’s Tale
    • Millie Bobby Brown – Stranger Things
    • Ann Dowd – The Handmaid’s Tale
    • Lena Headey – Game of Thrones
    • Chrissy Metz – This Is Us
    • Thandie Newton – Westworld

Spoiler/7th Nominee: Yvonne Strahovski – The Handmaid’s Tale

Supporting Actor 

• Peter Dinklage – Game of Thrones
    • Joseph Fiennes – The Handmaid’s  Tale
    • David Harbour – Stranger Things
    • Justin Hartley – This Is Us
    • Mandy Patinkin – Homeland
    • Matt Smith – The Crown

Spoilers: Bobby Cannavale – Mr. Robot or Noah Schnapp – Stranger Things

Guest Actress 

• Viola Davis – Scandal
    • Diana Rigg – Game of Thrones
    • Marisa Tomei – The Handmaid’s Tale
    • Cicely Tyson – How to Get Away with Murder
    • Kerry Washington – How to Get Away with Murder
    • Samira Wiley – The Handmaid’s Tale

Spoilers: Cherry Jones, Elizabeth Perkins, Laverne Cox.

Guest Actor 

• Cameron Britton – Mindhunter
    • Michael C. Hall – The Crown
    • Matthew Goode – The Crown
    • Ron Cephas Jones – This Is Us
    • Gerald McRaney – This Is Us
    • Jimmi Simpson – Westworld

Spoilers: Alan Alda – The Good Fight, Beau Bridges – Homeland

Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

I hope she gains momentum since besides Moss repeating, there isn’t a very strong contender. There’s Foy, I know, which would be a great winner too.

methaddiction
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m probably in the minority here but if Moss doesn’t win I hope Moore does.

Riley
    Participant
    Topics:

are there really “emmy narratives”? it seems that usu they just go with who they like most.

There are at least to some extent, per Jon Hamm.

J H
    Participant
    Topics:

i mean, aside from being overdue. like, 0/7, sure.

but people seem to be claiming But The Narrative for all kinds of people here just because they want to will it to happen.

Hunter-ish
    Participant
    Topics:

There was definitely an anti Trump and womens empowerment narrative that influenced last years ceremony.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  Hunter-ish.
    J H
    Participant
    Topics:

You mean THT is the best show of the decade and dominated? Sure.

And how SNL was more talked about than all the competitors combined so the buzz was deafening? Yeah.

Don’t need “political narratives.”

Awards Fanatic
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m probably in the minority here but if Moss doesn’t win I hope Moore does.

I am stilling hope for Foy but if Moore wins I will be as happy. All of these women are deserving. But what Moore did in the Super Bowl episode was just amazing.

Luca G.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 564 total)

The topic ‘2018 Emmy Predictions Drama (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.