Home Forums Television 2018 Emmy Predictions Drama (Part 3)

2018 Emmy Predictions Drama (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 284 total)
Created
1 week ago
Last Reply
45 mins ago
( +8 hidden )
replies
views
users
Awards Fanatic
Teridax
Stegeo
  • Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

I think it probably just a Goldderby bubble thing, but a lot of people reeeaaallly seemed to LOVE HTGAWM this most recent season, especially Viola Davis and Cicely Tyson’s performances. I don’t believe it will actually increase in nominations, but are we possibly underestimating Viola Davis to return? Robin Wright is out the running, Evan Rachel Wood had much better emotional material with her arc in Westworld Season 1, and even though Tatiana Maslany is a previous winner her show feels like the definition of yesterday’s news. I’m starting to seriously think that Viola could get back in.

ReplyCopy URL
    Awards Fanatic
    Participant
    Topics:

I think it probably just a Goldderby bubble thing, but a lot of people reeeaaallly seemed to LOVE HTGAWM this most recent season, especially Viola Davis and Cicely Tyson’s performances. I don’t believe it will actually increase in nominations, but are we possibly underestimating Viola Davis to return? Robin Wright is out the running, Evan Rachel Wood had much better emotional material with her arc in Westworld Season 1, and even though Tatiana Maslany is a previous winner her show feels like the definition of yesterday’s news. I’m starting to seriously think that Viola could get back in.

Thank you!!! Though many people actually didn’t love season 4, I did though haha!! But I bave never seen anyone say anything negative about Davis or Tyson

Luca G.

ReplyCopy URL
    Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m not crazy about her or the show, but I have her in my predictions since day one. I’ve been tempted to replace her with Clarke, but I’m sticking with Davis and Moore.

ReplyCopy URL
    Awards Fanatic
    Participant
    Topics:

Not that it matters in any way but season 4 does have the highest rated episode of the show on IMDb. “Live.Live.Live” with a 9.7/10

Luca G.

ReplyCopy URL
    Justmimusicmon
    Participant
    Topics:

COME ON, ACADEMY.. BE COURAGEOUS AND HELP SANDRA OH MAKE EMMY HISTORY!!

ReplyCopy URL
    leothescorpio
    Participant
    Topics:

I love Sandra Oh, but she has no business winning Keri Russell’s Emmy.

ReplyCopy URL
    flv4466
    Participant
    Topics:

Seeing all the technical closely, I think there’s a few categories this season of The Americans might be able to sneak in: Outstanding Music Supervision and Outstanding Period Costumes. Let’s hope!

Oh, and by the way: Search Party NEEDS to happen in the Outstanding Costumes for a Contemporary Series. I just live for those outfits!

ReplyCopy URL
    Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)
    Participant
    Topics:

The Drama Lead Actress category is giving me…feelings this year. I want Keri Russell or Claire Foy to win Emmys for the final seasons of their respective shows, but Elisabeth Moss is giving arguably the best performance on television.

ReplyCopy URL
    Justmimusicmon
    Participant
    Topics:

I didn’t mean necessarily with a win, leothescorpio. LOL We can at least start with a nomination.

ReplyCopy URL
    Sasha
    Participant
    Topics:

The Drama Lead Actress category is giving me…feelings this year. I want Keri Russell or Claire Foy to win Emmys for the final seasons of their respective shows, but Elisabeth Moss is giving arguably the best performance on television.

ReplyCopy URL
    Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)
    Participant
    Topics:

I said “arguably”.

ReplyCopy URL
    Sasha
    Participant
    Topics:

I said “arguably”.

I know how it works. It’s always the fresh performance that sticks out. Foy was unlucky to have her show premiere last year while people like Russell, Oh or Moss are privileged to have their shows premiering this year so of course they’re the ones talked about the most. That’s how human brain works. That’s how Oscars are won. They are rarely won by movies that premiere at the beginning of the eligibility year. If you want to win awards you have to release your movie/show as late as possible. So I don’t mind that GD posters rave about performances I’ve mentioned because they are the most simple human beings. Most GD posters would be the best audience possible for test screenings. They would rave absolutely any crap just because they were one of the first to see such crap.

ReplyCopy URL
    Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Every1’s talking about the Drama Lead Actress race, but what about the Drama Actor race? I find it more exciting. Hopefully and obviously Brown isn’t repeating, so I’m just rly interested in seeing whom they’ll pick. I think Rhys has an equal chance as Keri Russell in Actress, maybe they go for Wright if he gets nominated, or Ventimiglia. Who knows.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Participant
    Topics:

Brown is obviously repeating.

ReplyCopy URL
    Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

🙁

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 284 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.