Home Forums Television 2018 Emmy Predictions Drama

2018 Emmy Predictions Drama

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 302 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
4 hours ago
( +12 hidden )
replies
views
users
Stegeo
Luca Giliberti
Teridax
  • Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

Emilia Clarke is obviously going to get the last spot Laura Linney is the only one who could take it from her.

You don’t think you are underestimating Tatiana Maslany and/or Mandy Moore?

ReplyCopy URL
    Emmyfan
    Participant
    Topics:

I am still rooting for Viola Davis because she deserves it and has been knocking it out of the park during season 4.

How To Get Away With Murder actually deserves nominations for the following and have the submissions to back it up:

Viola Davis – Lead Actress
    Liza Weil – Supporting Actress
    Jimmy Smitts – Supporting Actor
    Cicely Tyson – Guest Actress
    Glynn Thurman – Guest Actor
    L. Scott Caldwell – Guest Actress

ReplyCopy URL
    pulp50
    Participant
    Topics:

Maslany isn’t happening.

ReplyCopy URL
    methaddiction
    Participant
    Topics:

Emilia Clarke is obviously going to get the last spot Laura Linney is the only one who could take it from her.

You don’t think you are underestimating Tatiana Maslany and/or Mandy Moore?

I’m predicting Mandy Moore but Orphan Black ended so long ago so I don’t see Tatiana happening even if she’s a past winner.

ReplyCopy URL
    VeraDoyle
    Participant
    Topics:

Oh has no chance of winning though. She’s definitely a dark horse for the nomination and maybe a win down the road but this year is strictly Moss VS Foy (with a dark horse chance to Maslany)

I assume you’ve seen the full season of Killing Eve? There is only 1 episode so far. Let’s just wait with such big and biased statements. She definitely has the narrative. Moss doesn’t. She just won. And Foy is not overdue either. Let’s just wait and see. Oh is definitely deserving and it would be nice to have some Asian representation in these awards shows. It’s time.

This whole comment makes me laugh. Moss’s narrative is that she’s beloved, her show just swept last year, and the critics have rallied behind her. Many people see Foy as overdue, regardless of your opinion. I am not biased against Oh. I really like the show. I’m a fan of Oh. But her show has mediocre ratings on a channel with a bad track record. She ain’t winning. I’d also love to see more Asian representation, but I’m not gonna base my predictions of that.

You can laugh all day, and there will not be a narrative for another Moss win. She struggled to win the first. I’m sure she is popular, but let’s just not call it a day yet. The critics have rallied behind Sandra Oh as well, and her show is critically acclaimed at the time of the #metoo #OscarsSoWhite movements in which minority representation is a priority to Hollywood. People see Sandra Oh as overdue for a number of reasons. She should have won for Grey’s Anatomy and probably would have won if the voting committee had not been racist at the time. The same goes for Chandra Wilson. How ironic is that out of all people (Oh, Wilson, Ramirez) the beautiful white young woman is the only Emmy-winner main cast member of Grey’s Anatomy. I loved Heigl and I think she deserved to win an Emmy for the show’s fifth season, but not in that particular year, and not over Sandra Oh or Chandra Wilson. The Killing Eve ratings are not good but it’s not right to decide awards potential based on ratings and ratings only. I mean finally there is a quality series where an Asian actress has played the lead and who is very good in this role, so why cannot she happen against all odds? I’m not saying that she is sure to win because even the nomination would be a big thing, but for a few minutes we should set aside the sure predictions and understand that we are living in a different world and in this situation, hard-working actors such as Sandra Oh are more likely to win awards as they were before. The interviews and the conversations are on.

ReplyCopy URL
    VeraDoyle
    Participant
    Topics:

I am still rooting for Viola Davis because she deserves it and has been knocking it out of the park during season 4. How To Get Away With Murder actually deserves nominations for the following and have the submissions to back it up: Viola Davis – Lead Actress Liza Weil – Supporting Actress Jimmy Smitts – Supporting Actor Cicely Tyson – Guest Actress Glynn Thurman – Guest Actor L. Scott Caldwell – Guest Actress

Exactly! Souza and King were also exceptional, but if one in that particular category, I’d go with Weil as well!

ReplyCopy URL
    Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

What are the chances of The Americans winning writing this year? There isn’t a clear winner to be honest, and the only one who could possibly win is The Handmaid’s Tale, but very possibly THT might not win series so it’ll have disadvantage. It could be a farewell gift for the show since they haven’t rewarded it apart from Martindale, and I don’t see it winning anything else (including actress).

ReplyCopy URL
    Hoster1
    Participant
    Topics:

What are the chances of The Americans winning writing this year? There isn’t a clear winner to be honest, and the only one who could possibly win is The Handmaid’s Tale, but very possibly THT might not win series so it’ll have disadvantage.

Game of Thrones can win writing considering that Emmys were stupid enough to reward it for season 6. And GoT can win drama series this year as well.

ReplyCopy URL
    Sam H
    Participant
    Topics:

I’ll break something if GoT wins writing. I honestly do not understand why the academy keeps rewarding Weiss and Benioff or how anyone thinks they are good writers. They have been contradicting their own canon for two seasons, sacrificing characterization for plot and pushing contrived and frankly stupid plots down our throats (good god, that Sansa/Arya plot last season. STUPID.) Is the gimmicks and the CGI and the visually impressive battles so dazzling that the academy can not see what shitty writers they are?

• This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by  Sam H.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Luca Giliberti
    Participant
    Topics:

I’ll break something if GoT wins writing. I honestly do not understand why the academy keeps rewarding Weiss and Benioff or how anyone thinks they are good writers. They have been contradicting their own canon for two seasons, sacrificing characterization for plot and pushing contrived and frankly stupid plots down our throats (good god, that Sansa/Arya plot last season. STUPID.) Is the gimmicks and the CGI and the visually impressive battles so dazzling that the academy can not see what shitty writers they are?

I sadly agree. Season 7 was a mess on a paper. I am glad the won for season 6 though only because I think they did a phenomenal job on “The Winds of Winter”, but I know they won for Botb. Can’t the Crown win writing? That’d be awesome. Season 2 was SO good.

Luca G.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Participant
    Topics:

Series: The Handmaid’s Tale versus Game of Thrones versus This is Us

Writing: The Americans versus The Handmaid’s Tale versus Game of Thrones

Directing: Game of Thrones versus The Handmaid’s Tale

Lead Actor: Sterling K. Brown

Lead Actress: Elisabeth Moss versus Claire Foy

Supporting Actor: David Harbour versus Peter Dinklage

Supporting Actress: Ann Dowd

Guest Actor: Bradley Whitford versus Cameron Britton versus Gerald McRaney versus Ron Cephas Jones

Guest Actress: Diana Rigg versus Samira Wiley

• This reply was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by  Riley.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Just vomit on a 2nd Dowd win. GoT better sweep everything including Headey.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Participant
    Topics:

The Handmaid’s Tale definitely should have provided the press with one or two episodes instead of six.  This must be the worst season for dramas in years.  I am personally missing The Leftovers, Rectify and Bates Motel.  I need to check out Counterpart and Mr. Mercedes and I got the most amazing press package in the mail for Sweetbitter, which nobody has mentioned in the Emmy conversation so far, so hopefully that is good.

Metacritic:
    92 The Americans
    87 The Crown
    85 The Deuce
    83 Killing Eve
    82 Mr. Robot
    79 Mindhunter
    78 The Handmaid’s Tale, Stranger Things, Westworld
    77 Game of Thrones
    76 Counterpart
    71 Mr. Mercedes
    70 The Good Fight
    67 Orange is the New Black, Trust
    66 Ozark
    65 Homeland
    64 Altered Carbon
    58 Lost in Space
    53 The Good Doctor

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca Giliberti
    Participant
    Topics:

The Handmaid’s Tale definitely should have provided the press with one or two episodes instead of six. This must be the worst season for dramas in years. I am personally missing The Leftovers, Rectify and Bates Motel. I need to check out Counterpart and Mr. Mercedes and I got the most amazing press package in the mail for Sweetbitter, which nobody has mentioned in the Emmy conversation so far, so hopefully that is good. Metacritic: 92 The Americans 87 The Crown 79 Mindhunter 78 The Handmaid’s Tale, Stranger Things, Westworld 77 Game of Thrones 65 Homeland

OMG I miss Bates Motel as well!!

Luca G.

ReplyCopy URL
    methaddiction
    Participant
    Topics:

The Handmaid’s Tale definitely should have provided the press with one or two episodes instead of six. This must be the worst season for dramas in years. I am personally missing The Leftovers, Rectify and Bates Motel. I need to check out Counterpart and Mr. Mercedes and I got the most amazing press package in the mail for Sweetbitter, which nobody has mentioned in the Emmy conversation so far, so hopefully that is good. Metacritic: 92 The Americans 87 The Crown 85 The Deuce 83 Killing Eve 82 Mr. Robot 79 Mindhunter 78 The Handmaid’s Tale, Stranger Things, Westworld 77 Game of Thrones 76 Counterpart 71 Mr. Mercedes 70 The Good Fight 67 Orange is the New Black, Trust 66 Ozark 65 Homeland 64 Altered Carbon 58 Lost in Space 53 The Good Doctor

The Handmaid’s Tale is up to 82 now if it keeps going up it’s winning series again.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 302 total)
Reply To: 2018 Emmy Predictions Drama

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.