Home Forums Television 2018 Emmy Predictions (Part 2)

2018 Emmy Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 400 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
1 day ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Hunter-ish
kancov
sofan
  • sofan
    Participant
    Topics:

Cause she isn’t a lock. She was never a consistent presence in her category, and W&G isn’t as fresh or new as some of the other shows in her category. She could happen, but those acting like she has already won it (and that all four of them have chances to win again) are delusional

She has been nominated 5 out of 7 times (I’m excluding the first season b/c it didn’t exist for Emmys) and she has won and did it when the category was limited to 5 people only. She has missed nominations during 6th and 7th seasons and if I remember right she was missing from the sixth season due to her pregnancy. And if we get into the nitty gritty the only time she missed a nomination due to a lack of interest in her, specifically, was in 2005 and that was the breakout year of Desperate Housewives where they got 3 nominees in her category. Even then she was probably next in line because the show got a whopping eight acting nominations, even when the season was as bad as season 7.

The show got great reviews (the same as Curb Your Enthusiasm with almost 3 times the reviews), it has good to great viewership, and it is topical. I don’t get it. Are you doubting the show because it is a multi-cam comedy?

The only one that doesn’t have a winning chance is Eric McCormack the others are very competitive in their own categories.

ReplyCopy URL
    Andrew Carden
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t really see Hayes having a prayer at the Emmy win (could totally take SAG though). Granted, I say this because back in the day, he was notoriously dreadful at selecting submissions (sans the year he won). Might not matter as much now.

OSCAR FLASHBACK: Nicholson at the Oscars (1997) – As Good As It Gets

ReplyCopy URL
    Hunter-ish
    Participant
    Topics:

Jimmy Kimmel is winning talk series. He has gone out of his comfort zone and is going viral weekly. Not only does he have sympathy, but he also had a ton of support after his gun control monologue.

On another topic about variety talk series, I think Sarah Silverman’s new show could break through. The Emmys love Silverman, Hulu can obviously campaign, and I watched her show and it’s fairly good.

ReplyCopy URL
    Hunter-ish
    Participant
    Topics:

Is Queers eligible for limited series? I watched the Russel Tovey episode and he was great. I’d love for it to get acting nominations. I could imagine Alan Cumming getting a nomination.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

I am so happy that Julia Louis-Dreyfus is gone this year. Her old ass has been hogging up all the Emmys for her okay performance on the overrated Veep. I can’t stand it. I cannot wait for someone more deserving (namely Ellie Kemper or Tracee Ellis Ross) to get their first one.

ReplyCopy URL
    Turd Ferguson
    Participant
    Topics:

What are Mindhunter’s chances? I guess I should wait until it’s been out for more than a day to ask that though

ReplyCopy URL
    GusCruz
    Participant
    Topics:

I am so happy that Julia Louis-Dreyfus is gone this year.

Yes it’s perfectly okay to be happy that she has cancer because now she’s not going to get an Emmy nomination in 2018. This is the state of humanity in 2017.

ReplyCopy URL
    Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

I am so happy that Julia Louis-Dreyfus is gone this year. Her old ass has been hogging up all the Emmys for her okay performance on the overrated Veep. I can’t stand it. I cannot wait for someone more deserving (namely Ellie Kemper or Tracee Ellis Ross) to get their first one.

I am very close to ignoring you and ending this friendship right now. JLD is a living legend, her performance on Veep is a layered, complex, intricately crafted and detailed work of art that no one else (not Kemper or Ross) has EVEN COME CLOSE TO and her having cancer is a genuine tragedy. Consider yourself on very thin ice with me from now on. Also, “her old ass” WTF?! Since when were you this ageist?! 🙁

ReplyCopy URL
    Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

I am so happy that Julia Louis-Dreyfus is gone this year.

Yes it’s perfectly okay to be happy that she has cancer because now she’s not going to get an Emmy nomination in 2018. This is the state of humanity in 2017.

#Meteor2020 #StillWithMeteor #AlwaysWithMeteor

https://twitter.com/votegiantmeteor?lang=en

ReplyCopy URL
    Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

Jimmy Kimmel is winning talk series. He has gone out of his comfort zone and is going viral weekly. Not only does he have sympathy, but he also had a ton of support after his gun control monologue.

On another topic about variety talk series, I think Sarah Silverman’s new show could break through. The Emmys love Silverman, Hulu can obviously campaign, and I watched her show and it’s fairly good.

Not with how he blew it with his response to “Hurricane Harvey (Weinstein)” though. Talk about a letdown! 🙁

I think the only one who could beat John Oliver is Seth Meyers, and that’s IF Late Night wins PGA, WGA, and DGA, or at least wins a couple of those and gets nominated for the other. Seth has been hitting nothing but home runs recently, saying what needs to be said, holding nothing back against 45 and even against the Democrats when necessary. 🙂

ReplyCopy URL
    JoeyJ
    Participant
    Topics:

Not getting why people are so high on W&G chances,reviews are mixed and the shows ratings have dropped significantly each episode. It could get in since there are a lot of spts open and many of the Emmy voters seem to not watch Comedy shows and namecheck vote vets.

ReplyCopy URL
    pulp50
    Participant
    Topics:

No one is beating John Oliver for at least the next few years.

ReplyCopy URL
    jacob121
    Participant
    Topics:

Yeah, I think people are forgetting how consistent this category (and past iterations of it) tends to be. A non-political, “traditional” late night show hasn’t won since Letterman in 2002. Agreed the Kimmel is coming on strong but I don’t think it’s enough to overtake Oliver.

ReplyCopy URL
    JoeyJ
    Participant
    Topics:

Except if Colbert ends up beating Fallon in the ratings they may wanto embrace him the way they have done with SNL for getting mass ratings with political material. I doubt you will see anyone dominate that category the way Stewart did in the aughts.

ReplyCopy URL
    kancov
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t think Mindhunter can get nominated for anything besides Directing, which is their best shot, but I’m not predicting it. Unless it’s a limited series?

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 400 total)
Reply To: 2018 Emmy Predictions (Part 2)

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.