Home Forums Television 2018 Emmy Predictions (Part 2)

2018 Emmy Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 383 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
18 hours ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Hunter-ish
kancov
Riley
  • Andrew D
    Participant
    Topics:

Baldwin is not as good this year, the trump sketches have grown stale and its become more of a chore to sit through, the trump jokes while continually all still true have just become sad and taken alot of the joy out of those skits.

I think its less funny now after a year of constantly being reminded how america voted for a horrible human

https://www.etsy.com/shop/AndrewsArt

Check out my Store.

ReplyCopy URL
    hats-off
    Participant
    Topics:

Why are people insisting that Baldwin is going guest? He’s been in half of the episodes so far this season and there will always be topical Trump stuff to play. He will very likely be in at least half of this seasons episodes.

Multiple people have stated he will have a smaller presence this season.

Still seems like a pretty big jump from “reduced presence” to “guest eligible.” He was in nearly every episode and hosted last season. A reduced presence could easily mean like every other episode which it has been so far.

ReplyCopy URL
    Hunter-ish
    Participant
    Topics:

He was in 15 out of 21 episodes. 5 less episodes isn’t a stretch.

ReplyCopy URL
    PerksofBeingGriff
    Participant
    Topics:

UKS really needs to change up its formula and start adding in a little depth. I made it through season 3 but it was much harder of a watch than I thought it would be. Every character except Kimmy (who deserves much better) has turned from being hilariously selfish to unsympathetic to the point where I don’t really care to watch them anymore.

I hope Tina Fey as the therapist comes back. That was a character I felt added something to the show.

If it doesn’t improve greatly and change something I fear it will be dropped.

“Someone is staring at you in ‘Personal Growth’.”

ReplyCopy URL
    JoeyJ
    Participant
    Topics:

Baldwin is not as good this year, the trump sketches have grown stale and its become more of a chore to sit through, the trump jokes while continually all still true have just become sad and taken alot of the joy out of those skits. I think its less funny now after a year of constantly being reminded how america voted for a horrible human

Dude doesn’t even give the best Trump parody on tv,the guy from The President Show’s performance is a helluva lot better. Alec beating Titus,Ty and Louie Anderson who gave 3 of the best performances on tv last year just cause people wanted to see Trump throw a tantrum on twitter is a joke

ReplyCopy URL
    boss
    Participant
    Topics:

It looks like january will be the month of limited series:

Waco (Jan 24), Mosaic (Jan 22), The Alienist (Jan 22), Philip K. Dick’s Electric Dreams (Jan 12), The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story (Jan 17).

ReplyCopy URL
    Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Oustanding Drama Series

• The Americans
    • The Crown
    • Game of Thrones
    • The Handmaid’s Tale
    • Stranger Things 2
    • This Is Us
    • Westworld
    • Alt: Mr. Robot

ReplyCopy URL
    Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Do you think Saoirse Ronan could get a Comedy Guest Actress nom for SNL?

ReplyCopy URL
    kancov
    Participant
    Topics:

Unlikely. Unless she wins the Oscar and maintains buzz.

ReplyCopy URL
    JoeyJ
    Participant
    Topics:

Guest is always barren,and with no Veep or Master Of None there will be even less options among perenial Emmy contenders.An Oscar or GG win could easily be something that piggybacks into a SNL namecheck host nom.

ReplyCopy URL
    jacob121
    Participant
    Topics:

With rare exception, they really only tend to nominate comedians for guest hosting SNL, so it’s doubtful. I honestly can’t recall if they’ve ever gone with a “movie star” on the guest actress side.

ReplyCopy URL
    boss
    Participant
    Topics:

HBO announced yesterday that Allan Ball drama “Here and Now” starring Holly Hunter and Tim Robbins will premiere in February. I wonder whose slot will it take?

ReplyCopy URL
    Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

HBO announced yesterday that Allan Ball drama “Here and Now” starring Holly Hunter and Tim Robbins will premiere in February. I wonder whose slot will it take?

If you’re referring to drama series category, don’t be so confident just yet. It might turn out underwhelming. As of performances, I predict it to feature some good ones, especially by Holly Hunter. We’ll see.

ReplyCopy URL
    sofan
    Participant
    Topics:

Holly Hunter could easily be in the Actress race. But I am not sure about the show as a whole. It seems mediocre at best from that trailer.

ReplyCopy URL
    Alienware
    Participant
    Topics:

Holly Hunter could easily be in the Actress race. But I am not sure about the show as a whole. It seems mediocre at best from that trailer.

A 40 seconds trailer is seldom a good indicator of the quality of a show, though it is true that Ball hasn’t been a good writer for quite some time now.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 383 total)
Reply To: 2018 Emmy Predictions (Part 2)

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.