Home Forums Television 2018 Emmy Predictions (Part 2)

2018 Emmy Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 601 through 615 (of 639 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
Hunter-ish
kancov
Riley
  • zkrons
    Participant
    Topics:

Can the Carmichael Show sneak some noms for its incredible last season? Writing and Supporting Actress for Devine at least?

Andrew Carden
    Participant
    Topics:

How I wish June Diane Raphael would earn a surprise nom.

For the finest in film reviews and awards analysis (and my annual Oscar predictions contest), please visit me at The Awards Connection!

Hunter-ish
    Participant
    Topics:

Can the Carmichael Show sneak some noms for its incredible last season? Writing and Supporting Actress for Devine at least?

Writing is a long shot, since it at least got a WGA episodic nomination, even though that’s a different system.

Devine should be winning and Grier should be getting nominated. Unfortunately they have almost no chance.

Riley
    Participant
    Topics:

No Metcalf even in the top 10? Why do you have Mizuno over Field and Garner? I don’t have Jones returning but I probably should. I’ve only seen a few episodes of Transparent this season and it was very bad. Light had little to do.I’ve been told by several people that she doesn’t get much to do later in the season. I’m predicting her to fall out because Transparent is already on the decline, this season is its worst, and it’s plagued in scandal. But maybe Light gets in on sympathy?

I honestly forgot about Metcalf.  Mizuno is a regular; Field and Garner are recurring.  If anyone is getting nominated from Transparent this year, it is Light.  This is a show that got Kathryn Hahn justly nominated out of nowhere last year.

I must be missing something but can someone please explain to me how Alex Borstein and not Marin Hinkle is getting traction for The Marvellous Mrs. Maisel. From what I’ve seen of the show (first few eps) Hinkle stands out a mile while Borstein only has great moments.

Borstein becomes the second lead and has her tape around the penultimate episode.  Hinkle’s role has less depth all around.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 5 days ago by  Riley.
    kancov
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s irritating how Spacey could easily win this year and complete his Triple Crown.

?

If the Tonys win for Special Program, would that count?

Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

He has 2 Oscars, 1 Tony and no Emmy (all for acting). What I’m saying is that if the allegations hadn’t occurred and HoC would be normally back on track for this year, he could have a good chance at finally winning an acting Emmy and complete his crown of acting.

JB
    Participant
    Topics:

My current thoughts on
    Sup Actress Comedy:
    I’m pretty confident of my top 4…
    1. Megan Mullaly, Will & Grace
    2. Kate McKinnon, SNL
    3. Alex Borstein, Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
    4. Betty Gilpin, Glow
    ~ after that, it’s anyone’s guess
    5. Laurie Metcalfe, Roseanne
    6. Leslie Jones, SNL
    7. Jennifer Lewis, blackish
    8. Judith Light, Transparent
    9. Rita Moreno, One Day at a Time
    ~ possible returns?
    Julie Bowen, Modern Family
    Jane Krakowski, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
    Sara Gilbert, Roseanne

I would love to see Yvonne Orji (Insecure), Marsai Martin (blackish), Donna Lynn Chaplin (Crazy Ex Girlfriend) or Jamie Presley (Mom) show up, but I doubt that will happen.

BenitoDelicias
    Participant
    Topics:

He has 2 Oscars, 1 Tony and no Emmy (all for acting). What I’m saying is that if the allegations hadn’t occurred and HoC would be normally back on track for this year, he could have a good chance at finally winning an acting Emmy and complete his crown of acting.

I already mentioned this when news broke on another thread, I think there’s a chance he won’t be submitted at all. That can happen right? Submit everybody except Spacey? No reason for the rest of the team to loose out on a nomination because of one perv.

And if he is in fact submitted AND nominated, do people know he’s on the team? Does his name show up on the ballots and lists during the whole process or does it just say Tony Awards?

J H
    Participant
    Topics:

didn’t last season of HoC have more mediocre reviews than ever? it was heading for a downward trajectory regardless. same with transparent.

1avengers
    Participant
    Topics:

I already mentioned this when news broke on another thread, I think there’s a chance he won’t be submitted at all. That can happen right? Submit everybody except Spacey? No reason for the rest of the team to loose out on a nomination because of one perv. And if he is in fact submitted AND nominated, do people know he’s on the team? Does his name show up on the ballots and lists during the whole process or does it just say Tony Awards?

If Spacey does win for the Tonys, that won’t be triple crown. That’s strictly for acting. Jeremy Irons’s record for instance, does not include his Outstanding Narrator win.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 4 days ago by  1avengers.
    • This reply was modified 2 weeks, 2 days ago by  1avengers.
    PerksofBeingGriff
    Participant
    Topics:

Claire Foy has to win this year. Almost all of her episodes would be good to submit.

“Someone is staring at you in ‘Personal Growth’.”

kancov
    Participant
    Topics:

Auli’i Cravalho would’ve been a serious contender if The Handmaid’s Tale and Stranger Things didn’t already take over the supporting category. I don’t think the show can score anything at the Emmys. Writing for Katims seems like a very distant shot.

eastwest
    Participant
    Topics:

I haven’t seen any of the Versace season of ACS, but based on the raves Judith Light got for her episode this week, Ryan and John need to make a call to ATAS so she can be eligible for supporting actress.

Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

I haven’t seen any of the Versace season of ACS, but based on the raves Judith Light got for her episode this week, Ryan and John need to make a call to ATAS so she can be eligible for supporting actress.

no one is winning over Queen Penelope

Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

I watched Notes from the Field trailer, and the only category I can see it in is Oustanding TV Movie, just like Immortal Life of H. Lacks.

Viewing 15 posts - 601 through 615 (of 639 total)

The topic ‘2018 Emmy Predictions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.