Home Forums Television 2018 Emmy Predictions (Part 2)

2018 Emmy Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 9 posts - 631 through 639 (of 639 total)
Created
8 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
Hunter-ish
kancov
Riley
  • zkrons
    Participant
    Topics:

What nominations do y’all think SAG Drama Ensemble winner This Is Us is going to get this time around?

Jays
    Participant
    Topics:

What nominations do y’all think SAG Drama Ensemble winner This Is Us is going to get this time around?

In a just world, Sterling, Mandy, and Milo would all be nominated as well as the series itself.

Hunter-ish
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s only support is from the actors. It lost support from writer and editors, but the actors love it. I suspect the acting branch will carry it to a series nomination and I could see it overperforming with the acting branch, possibly getting nominated for Moore, Hartley, and dominating the guest acting.

Will
    Participant
    Topics:

If PBS gives Little Women a fierce FYC campaign, I suspect Lansbury might just (at last!) prevail. Cruz seems like a likelier Globes winner.

For the finest in film reviews and awards analysis (and my annual Oscar predictions contest), please visit me at The Awards Connection!

I would have had a lot more confidence in Dame Angela’s chances if it was an HBO production rather than PBS. PBS didn’t even submit Driving Miss Daisy with Dame Angela and James Earl Jones for consideration while HBO did submit Lady Day at Emerson’s Bar & Grill that year and Audra McDonald got a Best Actress nomination. Dame Angela would have easily gotten one as well with at least a little push by the network.

I guess we just have to wait and see.

MHayes1323
    Participant
    Topics:

Yeah, but let’s be real, she’s gotta go with the season finale. That static shot of her face for about 20 seconds, showing so soooo much emotion without even a twitch of her face or a blink of an eye is unreal.

PerksofBeingGriff
    Participant
    Topics:

If the Tonys win for Special Program, would that count?

He has 2 Oscars, 1 Tony and no Emmy (all for acting). What I’m saying is that if the allegations hadn’t occurred and HoC would be normally back on track for this year, he could have a good chance at finally winning an acting Emmy and complete his crown of acting.

I already mentioned this when news broke on another thread, I think there’s a chance he won’t be submitted at all. That can happen right? Submit everybody except Spacey? No reason for the rest of the team to loose out on a nomination because of one perv. And if he is in fact submitted AND nominated, do people know he’s on the team? Does his name show up on the ballots and lists during the whole process or does it just say Tony Awards?

Even if he is nominated for the Tony’s, Twitter will have Kevin Spacey trending with 50k tweets hours after the announcement. That’ll kill any of its chances of winning.

“Someone is staring at you in ‘Personal Growth’.”

party.poison
    Participant
    Topics:

I haven’t been here for a while so bear with me if it sounds crazy. Does anyone think that The End of the F****ing World has a chance at anything? The whole series was superb. Alex Lawther was amazing as James as well as Jessica Barden. The series was well directed and amazingly shot. ANy chances in Comedy or even Drama perhaps?

Turd Ferguson
    Participant
    Topics:

I haven’t been here for a while so bear with me if it sounds crazy. Does anyone think that The End of the F****ing World has a chance at anything? The whole series was superb. Alex Lawther was amazing as James as well as Jessica Barden. The series was well directed and amazingly shot. ANy chances in Comedy or even Drama perhaps?

Or Limited

Riley
    Participant
    Topics:

G&F is an AARP fave

That is nice, but Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt is an Emmy fave, seeing as it was nominated twice in the top category.

Yeah but no one made it in guest from the season she was on.It’s not a sign of Emmy overlooked her at all that Lisa Kudrow could not get in for a 1 off especially when most people who watched the show didn’t consider her the standout guest star for s2.

And nobody from any season of Grace and Frankie has ever gotten a nomination in supporting or guest.

Viewing 9 posts - 631 through 639 (of 639 total)

The topic ‘2018 Emmy Predictions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.