Home Forums Television 2018 Emmy Predictions (Part 3)

2018 Emmy Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 142 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
6 hours ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
Hunter-ish
kancov
Riley
  • Sasha
    Participant
    Topics:

Turd Ferguson
    Participant
    Topics:

Could Ted Danson win Best Comedy Actor? I think it’s harder for him to get in because he wins if he gets in.

ReplyCopy URL
    Hunter-ish
    Participant
    Topics:

Could Ted Danson win Best Comedy Actor? I think it’s harder for him to get in because he wins if he gets in.

Right now we should focus on him getting nominated, which I think is a strong possibility. As for the win, I think Glover repeats rather easily unless someone new comes along.

ReplyCopy URL
    kancov
    Participant
    Topics:

Right now we should focus on him getting nominated, which I think is a strong possibility. As for the win, I think Glover repeats rather easily unless someone new comes along.

I agree. He’s probably the best chance for a nomination for the show. And at this point, Glover is absolutely winning.

ReplyCopy URL
    Sasha
    Participant
    Topics:

When it comes to Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series these are the guys I’m predicting (in likelihood of getting in):

William H. Macy
    Anthony Anderson
    Donald Glover
    Zach Galifianakis
    Eric McCormack
    Ted Danson

Still on the fence about Jonah Hill. If the show’s as great as original he’s in, Danson out.

ReplyCopy URL
    Richard Aniston
    Participant
    Topics:

GoT will clean up.

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca Giliberti
    Participant
    Topics:

These guest categories for drama are a bloodbath this year. I just hope Cicely Tyson makes it in for HTGAWM because she was absolutely terrific in 4×01.

ReplyCopy URL
    boss
    Participant
    Topics:

Really looking forward for the category placements of these: “Top of the Lake: China Girl”, “Twin Peaks”, “Trust”, and “Seven Seconds”. What do you all think?

ReplyCopy URL
    Nate
    Participant
    Topics:

Really looking forward for the category placements of these: “Top of the Lake: China Girl”, “Twin Peaks”, “Trust”, and “Seven Seconds”. What do you all think?

All will likely enter as Limited Series, because, why not?

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Participant
    Topics:

The FX press screening website categorizes Trust as a drama series and it was identified as such in their official press release announcing its premiere, so I am betting on it being a drama.

ReplyCopy URL
    kancov
    Participant
    Topics:

The FX press screening website categorizes Trust as a drama series and it was identified as such in their official press release announcing its premiere, so I am betting on it being a drama.

That’s unfortunate. It could do very well if it were categorized as Limited Series.

ReplyCopy URL
    Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)
    Participant
    Topics:

Mandy Moore is in the Drama Lead Actress race, for sure. If nominated, she could very well be a threat to win.

ReplyCopy URL
    kancov
    Participant
    Topics:

What are the chances of Westworld getting more nominations than Game of Thrones? The second season of Westworld is airing in Game of Thrones‘ slot, right before and during the voting process. Game of Thrones aired almost a year ago and there’s barely any buzz, while Westworld is about to step into the spotlight and it just got a Super Bowl promo.

Here are some numbers from previous ceremonies:

2017: Westworld = 7 nominations + 15 Creative Arts nominations
    2016: Game of Thrones = 9 nominations + 15 Creative Arts nominations
    2015: Game of Thrones = 7 nominations + 17 Creative Arts nominations
    2014: Game of Thrones = 5 nominations + 16 Creative Arts nominations

ReplyCopy URL
    Taylor Wikoff
    Participant
    Topics:

Does anyone think AHS:Cult or Alias Grace could sneak into some limited series categories due to weak competition? The only limited series that seem like safe bets at this point are ACS: Versace, Godless, and maybe Mosaic (not including Top of the Lake or Twin Peaks due to unclear category placement).

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Participant
    Topics:

The Young Pope had much more buzz than Mosaic and we know what happened there.

Westworld is probably ineligible this year for Lead Actor, Title Design, Theme Music and a second slot in Production Design, so they will have to build considerably on what they had last year to match that haul and then have to build further to match Game of Thrones.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 142 total)
Reply To: 2018 Emmy Predictions (Part 3)

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.