Home Forums Television 2018 Emmy Predictions (Part 3)

2018 Emmy Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 197 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
Hunter-ish
kancov
Riley
  • Anonymous
    Topics:

No matter how much I’m against Metz and Hartley being nominated, I think they should be higher on your list. Brown, Ventimiglia, McRaney and Jones are the safest, I think. Moore would have much more trouble getting in than Hartley because of the weak supporting actor category. Metz is also in danger because of Game of Thrones, The Handmaid’s Tale and Stranger Things. I would put Burton above Perkins and right now, Ross is unrealistic prediction, but if they go crazy about the show, it could happen. The last one is Stallone. I don’t think anyone else can make it.

The way I’m looking at it, if NBC submits someone, I will consider them a contender. I’m not going to underestimate this show again. I should probably have Hartley and Metz about Burton, Ross, and Perkins. I have Metz as the least likely of the main 5 because she has the most stacked category. I have Hartley low because he’s Justin Hartley, I’ll predict him though. I have Lyric Ross getting in because it just makes sense. Ross warrants a nomination more than Shannon Purser did. She has a big storyline and a narrative. I have Perkins above Burton because Perkins actually did stuff. Moore is easily getting in at this point. She has too much support to miss. I wouldn’t even count her out for the win.

Jays
    Participant
    Topics:

No matter how much I’m against Metz and Hartley being nominated, I think they should be higher on your list. Brown, Ventimiglia, McRaney and Jones are the safest, I think. Moore would have much more trouble getting in than Hartley because of the weak supporting actor category. Metz is also in danger because of Game of Thrones, The Handmaid’s Tale and Stranger Things. I would put Burton above Perkins and right now, Ross is unrealistic prediction, but if they go crazy about the show, it could happen. The last one is Stallone. I don’t think anyone else can make it.

The way I’m looking at it, if NBC submits someone, I will consider them a contender. I’m not going to underestimate this show again. I should probably have Hartley and Metz about Burton, Ross, and Perkins. I have Metz as the least likely of the main 5 because she has the most stacked category. I have Hartley low because he’s Justin Hartley, I’ll predict him though. I have Lyric Ross getting in because it just makes sense. Ross warrants a nomination more than Shannon Purser did. She has a big storyline and a narrative. I have Perkins above Burton because Perkins actually did stuff. <b>Moore is easily getting in at this point. She has too much support to miss. I wouldn’t even count her out for the win.</b>

Agreed. The buzz is there, I feel like she’s safe as of right now.

Reis
    Participant
    Topics:

They only thing I can ask is: Elisabeth Moss, stand back. Please let my beloved Claire Foy win.

24fanatic
    Participant
    Topics:

I agree about This is Us… the show will blow up in acting noms… as of right now, I’m predicting 10 acting nominations:

Lead Actor in a Drama Series:
    Sterling K Brown
    Milo Ventimiglia

Lead Actress in a Drama Series:
    Mandy Moore

Supporting Actor in a Drama Series:
    Justin Hartley (Not a lot of young blood in last year’s nominees, so I think he can get in)

Supporting Actress in a Drama Series:
    Chrissy Metz
    Susan Kelechi Watson (I think she is a serious threat to surprise with a nomination/win… she is truly a supporting actress on the series working opposite Emmy winner Sterling K. Brown)

Guest Actor in a Drama Series:
    Gerald McRaney
    Ron Cephas Jones
    Sylvester Stallone (For whatever reason, I see this happening. He was great… playing himself)

Guest Actress in a Drama Series:
    Elizabeth Perkins (strong contender to win if nominated… popular actress with multiple Emmy noms who has never won before… just saying)

Sidenote: I’m not confident enough to predict Lyric Ross… I don’t see that happening, but she deserves it.

Royal Night
    Participant
    Topics:

Since there has been a lot of discussion about This is Us and what nominations it will get, it made me think about Debra Jo Rupp. She didn’t do a lot in her episodes, but she is what they nominate in the guest categories often – a character actress who has worked for years with many different people and has never been recognized before. Just something to consider.

Hunter-ish
    Participant
    Topics:

The record for acting nominations in a single year is 13, with Roots holding the title. The West Wing holds the record for the most by a continuing series, with 12. Let’s see if This is Us could be or tie the records. 14 nominations seems basically impossible, but 12 definitely isn’t out of the realm of possibility.

I’m curious to see if Alec Baldwin submits in supporting for SNL even if he is guest eligible so that he can be nominated in guest for Will & Grace.

Lyric Ross or Elizabeth Perkins for This is Us? Who is likelier?

Comedy Series
    The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
    Atlanta
    Curb Your Enthusiasm
    Silicon Valley
    GLOW
    Black-ish
    Will & Grace

Comedy Lead Actress
    Rachael Brosnahan- The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
    Allison Brie- GLOW
    Lilly Tomlin- Grace & Frankie
    Pamela Adlon- Better Things
    Jane Fonda- Grace & Frankie
    Tracee Ellis Ross- black-ish

Comedy Lead Actor
    Donald Glover- Atlanta
    Larry David- Curb Your Enthusiasm
    Anthony Anderson- black-ish
    William H. Macy- Shameless
    Jason Bateman- Arrested Development
    Eric McCormack- Will & Grace

Comedy Supporting Actor
    Marc Maron- GLOW
    Sean Hayes- Will & Grace
    Titus Burgess- Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
    Tony Shaloub- The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
    Bryan Tyree Henry- Atlanta
    Will Arnett- Arrested Development

Comedy Supporting Actress
    Kate McKinnon- Saturday Night Live
    Megan Mullaly- Will & Grace
    Alex Borstein- The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
    Betty Gilpin- GLOw
    Zazzie Beets- Atlanta
    Laurie Metcalf- Roseanne

Comedy Guest Actor
    Alec Baldwin- Saturday Night Live
    Will Ferrell- Saturday Night Live
    Sterling K Brown- Insecure
    Bobby Cannavale- Will & Grace
    Bryan Cranston- Curb Your Enthusiasm
    Leslie Jordan

Comedy Guest Actress
    Melissa McCarthy- Saturday Night Live
    Tina Fey- Great News
    Blythe Danner- Will & Grace
    Elizabeth Perkins- GLOW
    Molly Shannon- Will & Grace
    Jane Lynch- The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel

Comedy Directing
    Atlanta
    Silicon Valley
    Curb Your Enthusiasm
    Atlanta
    Will & Grace

Comedy Writing
    Atlanta
    GLOW
    Silicon Valley
    Curb Your Enthusiasm
    Arrested Development

Drama Series
    The Handmaid’s Tale
    Stranger Things
    Game of Throne
    This is Us
    Westworld
    The Crown
    The Americans

Drama Actor (this category is so weak with realistic competition, but there are so many deserving people in the category), hopefully it means we could get some inspired surprises)
    Sterling K Brown- This is Us
    Milo Ventimiglia- This is Us
    Jason Bateman- Ozark
    Matthew Rhys- The Americans
    Live Schrieber- Ray Donovan
    Mathew Smith- The Crown

Drama Actress
    Elisabeth Moss- The Handmaid’s Tale
    Claire Foy- The Crown
    Mandy Moore- This is Us
    Robin Wright- House of Cards
    Laura Linney- Ozark
    Kerri Russel- The Americans

Drama Supporting Actor
    Peter Dinklage- Game of Thrones
    David Harbour- Stranger Things
    Justin Hartley- This is Us
    Kit Harrington-Game of Thrones
    Jefferey Wright- Westworld
    Noah Schnapp- Stranger Things

Drama Supporting Actress
    Lena Headey- Game of Thrones
    Ann Dowd- The Handmaid’s Tale
    Thandie Newton- Westworld
    Millie Bobby Brown- Stranger Things
    Alexis Bledel- The Handmaid’s Tale
    Chrissy Metz- This is US

Drama Guest Actor
    Gerald McRaney- This is Us
    Ron Cephas Jones- This is Us
    Cameron Britton- Mindhunter
    Brett Gelman- Stranger Things
    Matthew Goode- The Crown
    Sylvester Stallone- This is Us

Drama Guest Actress (Bloodbath of a category, hopefully This is Us doesn’t dominate)
    Dianna Rigg- Game of Thrones
    Cherry Jones- The Handmaid’s Tale
    Marissa Tomei- The Handmaid’s Tale
    Margo Martindale- The Americans
    Kate Burton- This is Us
    Lyric Ross- This is Us

Drama Directing
    Matt Shankman- Game of Thrones
    Jeremy Podwesa- Game of Thrones
    The Duffer Brothers- Stranger Things
    Kate Dennis- The Handmaid’s Tale
    Mike Barker- The Handmaid’s Tale
    Stephen Daldry- The Crown

Drama Writing
    David Benioff, DB Weiss- Game of Thrones
    Joel Fields, Joe Weisberg- The Americans
    The Duffer Brothers- Stranger Things
    Bruce Miller- The Handmaid’s Tale
    Peter Morgan- The Crown
    Jonathan Nolan, Lisa Joy- Westworld

Limited Series
    American Crime Story: The Assasination of Gianni Versace
    Godless
    Genius
    Looming Tower
    Seven Seconds

TV Movie
    Black Mirror
    Paterno
    Fahrenheit 451
    My Dinner with Herve
    Notes from the field

Actor
    Darren Criss- American Crime Story
    Al Pacino- Paterno
    Michael Shannon- Fahrenheit 451
    Antonio Banderas- Genius
    Jeff Daniels- Looming Tower
    Bennidict Cumberbatch- Patrick Melrose

Actress
    Jessica Biel- The Sinner
    Michelle Dockerey- Godless
    Cristen Miloti- Black Mirror
    Sarah Gadon- Alias Grace
    Claire Hope- Ashitey- Seven Seconds
    Sarah Paulson- American Horror Story

Supporting Actress
    Regina King- Seven Seconds
    Merit Weaver- Godless
    Penelope Cruz- American Crime Story
    Laura Dern- Twin Peaks
    Angela Lansbury- Little Women
    Riley Keough- Paterno

Supporting Actor
    Edgar Ramirez- American Crime Story
    Ricky Martin- American Crime Story
    Jeff Daniels- Godless
    Michael Shannon- Waco
    Tahar Rahim- Looming Tower
    Alec Baldwin- Looming Tower

kancov
    Participant
    Topics:

There was a link of Emma Stone saying Maniac premieres fall 2018.

insomniac26
    Participant
    Topics:

Lyric Ross or Elizabeth Perkins for This is Us? Who is likelier?

The only possible way Ross happens is if This Is Us breaks the acting nomination record and the academy just nominates every cast member with any significant screen time. A child actress has never been nominated in Guest Actress in a Drama; the closest was Purser last year, but she was 19-20 and her nomination was the result of Netflix + (ridiculous) social media buzz. Ross’s performance/role has zero buzz and I don’t know if This Is Us is loved enough to override basically 30 years of solely nominating adult actresses.

Anonymous
    Topics:

There was a link of Emma Stone saying Maniac premieres fall 2018.

Yup. Maniac is out. And what about Arrested Development? Did they even start filming it?

Hunter-ish
    Participant
    Topics:

There was a link of Emma Stone saying Maniac premieres fall 2018.

Yup. Maniac is out. And what about Arrested Development? Did they even start filming it?

They started filming a long time ago. If production is similar to in the past, it should be ready. However, because we haven’t heard anything yet I’m going to assume its premiering in May until we hear different. In its last season, PGA and SAG showed us that it missed because timing, not because of quality. So even if it’s new season is amazing. I won’t predict it unless I know for certain the voters watched it. Right now I only have it in for writing, Bateman, and Arnett.

I replaced Maniac in my predictions with mostly Will & Grace. I just put it in Series, Actor, guest for Jordan, and director. As of now I have Messing being the only of the main 4 missing a nomination. I replaced Emma Stone with Tracee Ellis Ross, who I see as vulnerable due to black-ish not doing as well on the award circuit, and Ross missing SAG and the Globe.

I think the comedy series lineup is ripe for a surprise. Atlanta, Curb, GLOW, and Maisel are easily getting in. Silicon Valley has been underperforming but should still be safe. I could see anyone missing those last two spots though. black-ish missed PGA and hasn’t gained any support, so it isn’t safe. Arrested Development has timing as a problem. Will & Grace has underperformed everywhere. Modern Family is dead, UKS is almost (shut out from SAG and WGA) dead. So who else could take those last two spots? Insecure? Better Things? The Good Place? While they have buzz and acclaim they don’t really have industry support. I’m fairly confident that black-ish gets nominated in series in sixth place, perhaps for one last year, but who takes that last spot? It’s going to be interesting and I hope it’s a curveball.

I have Lyric Ross over Elizabeth Perkins at the moment because Ross had a huge presence in the show compared to the other guest, which would seem to help her.

J H
    Participant
    Topics:

ew.

they need to cut back the nominees; the competition is dire

PerksofBeingGriff
    Participant
    Topics:

I just want Moore to be nominated and not be Ellen Pompeo’d and never get a nomination.

“Someone is staring at you in ‘Personal Growth’.”

Riley
    Participant
    Topics:

The only possible way Ross happens is if This Is Us breaks the acting nomination record and the academy just nominates every cast member with any significant screen time. A child actress has never been nominated in Guest Actress in a Drama; the closest was Purser last year, but she was 19-20 and her nomination was the result of Netflix + (ridiculous) social media buzz. Ross’s performance/role has zero buzz and I don’t know if This Is Us is loved enough to override basically 30 years of solely nominating adult actresses.

Lyric Ross is fourteen. Barb Holland was sixteen. The streak is over.

Hunter-ish
    Participant
    Topics:

@thedemonhog ,which This is Us guest are you predicting and what do you think of Ross’s chances. Also, do you think Sullivan and Watson could surprise us?

jacob121
    Participant
    Topics:

If This Is Us revises its submission strategy from last year does anyone think it can get writing/directing or is it acting only?

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 197 total)

The topic ‘2018 Emmy Predictions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.