Home Forums Television 2018 Emmy Predictions (Part 3)

2018 Emmy Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 197 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
Hunter-ish
kancov
Riley
  • Hunter-ish
    Participant
    Topics:

If This Is Us revises its submission strategy from last year does anyone think it can get writing/directing or is it acting only?

It has gained momentum since guild nominations with the super bowl episode, but it was shut out of ACE and WGA, making me think it really only has support from the actors. Outside of Series, I am predicting it’s only major nominations to be acting. Although I wouldn’t be shocked if it managed to get nominated for writing and directing for the Super Bowl episode.

jacob121
    Participant
    Topics:

If This Is Us revises its submission strategy from last year does anyone think it can get writing/directing or is it acting only?

It has gained momentum since guild nominations with the super bowl episode, but it was shut out of ACE and WGA, making me think it really only has support from the actors. Outside of Series, I am predicting it’s only major nominations to be acting. Although I wouldn’t be shocked if it managed to get nominated for writing and directing for the Super Bowl episode.

My impression was that the episode wasn’t particularly well received. Or at least not well received enough for it to be a standout writing or directing submission. If they submit as many episodes as they did last year, of course, the point is moot.

I am just trying to arrange in my head if there will be writing/directing space available for any program outside of GOT/HT/ST/The Crown/Westworld. Part of my wonders if Fincher has enough cache to get in for Mindhunter. He, of course, won for HOC but that was a different time. That “felt” popular but hasn’t really made much of an impact so far awards-wise. I could also maybe see a left-field directing nomination for Jason Bateman for the Ozark pilot. It’s a crime that Sam Esmail has not shot really of getting in for the last season of Mr. Robot (Although I am holding out hope that Rami could return).

jacob121
    Participant
    Topics:

@hunter-ish

My impression was that the episode wasn’t particularly well received. Or at least not well received enough for it to be a standout writing or directing submission. If they submit as many episodes as they did last year, of course, the point is moot.

I am just trying to arrange in my head if there will be writing/directing space available for any program outside of GOT/HT/ST/The Crown/Westworld. Part of me wonders if Fincher has enough cache to get in for Mindhunter. He, of course, won for HOC but that was a different time. That “felt” popular but hasn’t really made much of an impact so far awards-wise. I could also maybe see a left-field directing nomination for Jason Bateman for the Ozark pilot. It’s a crime that Sam Esmail has not shot really of getting in for the last season of Mr. Robot (Although I am holding out hope that Rami could return).

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by  jacob121.
    André Armando
    Participant
    Topics:
    Participant
    Topics:

My impression was that the episode wasn’t particularly well received. Or at least not well received enough for it to be a standout writing or directing submission.

It has a 9.9 on IMDB and the posters on here posted nothing but raves. It also has a crazy amount of viewership. They’d be crazy if they didn’t submit that episode. It was easily seen as the standout episode by most people. It even made me tear up. And I’m the shows cheif hater.

J H
    Participant
    Topics:

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2018/feb/12/collateral-review-carey-mulligan-shines-in-a-damaging-political-drama

mulligan for best actress

that article is a liar. “Our introduction to the world of politics comes via David Mars (John Simm, first among equals in a cast that includes Oscar-winner Carey Mulligan.)”

André Armando
    Participant
    Topics:

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2018/feb/12/collateral-review-carey-mulligan-shines-in-a-damaging-political-drama mulligan for best actress

that article is a liar. “Our introduction to the world of politics comes via David Mars (John Simm, first among equals in a cast that includes Oscar-winner Carey Mulligan.)”

i laughed hard about the oscar winner, but it seems good

Marco B.
    Participant
    Topics:

I am just trying to arrange in my head if there will be writing/directing space available for any program outside of GOT/HT/ST/The Crown/Westworld

The Americans in Writing should be more or less safe (?).

Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

I am just trying to arrange in my head if there will be writing/directing space available for any program outside of GOT/HT/ST/The Crown/Westworld

The Americans in Writing should be more or less safe (?).

Even with it falling out of Drama Series last year it still picked up a Writing nod. Am I crazy for thinking it is a serious dark horse in that category, since it will be for the final season, especially if it gets back into Drama Series, depending on how well-received the season is compared to last season?

Riley
    Participant
    Topics:

It is a dark horse. The Mad Men finale lost.

Carlo
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Milo Ventimiglia might stand a chance in lead actor drama, also due to weak competition.

Everybody is talking about Jack these days and there is a true devotion for this character.

He also has some great episode, including the last one aired, abuot the car.

Marco B.
    Participant
    Topics:

Even with it falling out of Drama Series last year it still picked up a Writing nod. Am I crazy for thinking it is a serious dark horse in that category, since it will be for the final season, especially if it gets back into Drama Series, depending on how well-received the season is compared to last season?

I especially agree with the final part of your comment. The Americans is finally respected enough within the Emmys to have its success mostly dipending on reception and acclaim. If season 6 gets reviews similar to those received for season 4, then it’s getting nominated in Series and will be a contender for the win in Writing, imo.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by  Marco B..
    Jays
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Milo Ventimiglia might stand a chance in lead actor drama, also due to weak competition. Everybody is talking about Jack these days and there is a true devotion for this character. He also has some great episode, including the last one aired, abuot the car.

He deserves to win over Brown, imo. And it’s not even close really.

Courtney
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Milo deserves it more this year too.

boss
    Participant
    Topics:

Audience’s Mr. Mercedes is the first screener that has been sent though I don’t think it will mean anything.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 197 total)

The topic ‘2018 Emmy Predictions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.