Home Forums Television 2018 Emmy Predictions

2018 Emmy Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 548 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
pulp50
Hunter-ish
Riley
  • TheGoldDerbyKing
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s too soon, but oh well. We might as well have some fun.

Macca
    Participant
    Topics:

Game of Thrones sweep.

Anonymous
    Topics:

It’ll finally be an interesting race next year when Game of Thrones and Stranger Things go head to head. Stranger Things is easily winning this year and beat Game of Thrones at SAG and PGA. If season 2 is better it could beat Game of Thrones. Exciting. We also have a few new shows that could fight there way in. Twin Peaks. Gypsy. Mindhunters. Next year will be so much fun.

And then on the comedy side we have Will and Grace Vs Blackish Vs Veep. It’ll be even more interesting if Atlanta wins this year since I believe it isn’t eligible next year.

Macca
    Participant
    Topics:

Stranger Things vs Game of Thrones?

Anonymous
    Topics:

Stranger Things vs Game of Thrones?

im gonna laugh so hard when Stranger Things wins this year (not 2018). Watch you and all the others reactions will be GOLD.

Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

Can we just give every award to Game of Thrones already?

Anonymous
    Topics:

I like Game of Thrones but some of these fanboys are ridiculous.

Its a good show and deserves almost all of its nominations, but it is never the best show on TV. Mad Men was more deserving the first year GoT won and The Leftovers/ Jessica Jones/ Mr. Robot/ Horace and Pete/ The Americans were more deserving when Thrones won its second time.

Reis
    Participant
    Topics:

I think you’re missing the point. Nobody said that Game of Thrones is the best. The thing is, Game of Thronea is such a big show and we all know that the Emmy loves give them all the prizes. And season 7 looks like the biggest and most epic season of the show yet, so I sure that it’s gonna win everything.

Anonymous
    Topics:

I think you’re missing the point. Nobody said that Game of Thrones is the best. The thing is, Game of Thronea is such a big show and we all know that the Emmy loves give them all the prizes. And season 7 looks like the biggest and most epic season of the show yet, so I sure that it’s gonna win everything.

1) NobodY said it in this thread but fanboYs saY it all of the time.

2) The EmmYs do not love giving it all of the prizes. It onl won 2/6 best drama emmYs.

3) this season looks like the most epic Yet? We haven’t even seen a trailer and the footage we have seen is characters walking down a hall.

4) Stranger Things is also a big show and if You’ve seen the teaser, it also looks much more “epic”

5)Stranger Things bet Game of Thrones at PGA and SAG, so You have to admit there is at least a little bit of a race if season 2 is good and wins the drama EmmY.

6) I like GoT but these fanboys drive me so friggin crazy.

7) I am also drove crazy by people acting like Stranger things has no chance of winning drama series when it dominated at MAJOR guilds compared to shows eligible for the next emmY season and even beat GoT at PGA and SAG

8) I am not missing the point, I am just disagreeing.

Anonymous
    Topics:

Drama series

1.       Game of Thrones

2.       Stranger Things

3.       Mr. Robot

4.       Snowfall

5.       Twin Peaks

6.       The Handmaid’s Tale

7.       Better Call Saul

Spoiler: Mindhunters

Note: I have a sneaking feeling that season 3 of Mr.Robot will be amazing, and it had a ton of guild support so it could easily get back in.

ComedY Series

1.       Veep

2.       Silicon Valley

3.       Black-ish

4.       Will and Grace

5.       Curb your enthusiasm

6.       Roseanne

7.       Episodes

Spoiler: G.L.O.W.

Note: Will and Grace is beloved, Roseanne could get in on nostalgia+ being overdue if its good.  Episodes has been on the edge forever. I don’t think Atlanta is eligible. This category will finally come back to life next ear. YaY!

Limited series

1.       American Crime Story

2.       Fargo

3.       Top of the Lake

4.       Feud

5.       Waco

Spoiler: The Defenders

Note: I don’t know if Fargom will be back. Waco seems interesting. I know the Defenders has no chance but one can hope.

Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

I am not even that big a fanboy and I agree that GoT is pretty much locked to win everything it is nominated for. Everyone else who is nominated alongside them should not even attend the ceremony.

24Emmy
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s a bit early for this, but why not? 😛

Drama Series
    The Americans (FX)
    The Crown (Netflix)
    Game of Thrones (HBO)
    The Last Tycoon (Amazon)
    Stranger Things (Netflix)
    Twin Peaks (Showtime)
    Westworld (HBO)

Comedy Series
    Arrested Development (Netflix)
    Black-ish (ABC)
    Curb Your Enthusiasm (HBO)
    Roseanne (ABC)
    Silicon Valley (HBO)
    Veep (HBO)
    Will & Grace (NBC)

Macca
    Participant
    Topics:

I think you’re missing something @Hunterbergfeld . Game of Thrones Season 8 will be airing during the time that voting for Season 7 commences, ST doesn’t have a chance against that.

sofan
    Participant
    Topics:

It is incredibly early for this but Megan Mullally will win Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series, probably very easily. And I think Will & Grace will stop Veep’s reign, as we have seen this season so far Veep is getting worse which will probably weaken it and if Atlanta wins this year it will be even easier for W&G.

moviefan61794
    Participant
    Topics:

@hunterbergfeld You cannot possibly attack people who think this season of Game of Thrones will be “epic” and tell them they have no proof, and then in the NEXT post write about how you have a sneaking suspicion that Mr. Robot will be “amazing” next season. No one has seen footage from either season, so you can’t attack the GoT people for judging unseen content and then do the exact same thing they did for Mr. Robot.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 548 total)

The topic ‘2018 Emmy Predictions’ is closed to new replies.