Home Forums Television 2018 Emmy Predictions

2018 Emmy Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 548 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
  • Anonymous
    Topics:

@hunterbergfeld You cannot possibly attack people who think this season of Game of Thrones will be “epic” and tell them they have no proof, and then in the NEXT post write about how you have a sneaking suspicion that Mr. Robot will be “amazing” next season. No one has seen footage from either season, so you can’t attack the GoT people for judging unseen content and then do the exact same thing they did for Mr. Robot.

A) I’m not attaching anybody

B) I’m not calling Mr.Robot a lock to win everything

C) of course I know Game of Thrones will be amazing. I love Game of Thrones. My pic was Jon Snow forever. But I’m just not convinced it’s a lock to win everything.

D) I didn’t say it won’t win, if predicting it right now, I’m just saying we shouldn’t call it a lock to win everything when it couldn’t even beat Stranger Things at PGA and still can’t win anything at SAG.

leothescorpio
    Participant
    Topics:

Atlanta will most likely be back for the next Emmy cycle as it goes into production September 2017. So I’m thinking a March/April bow.

Comedy Series:
    1. Atlanta
    2. Veep
    3. Will & Grace
    4. Episodes (farewell nod)
    5. Curb Your Enthusiasm
    6. Blackish
    7. Transparent / Friends From College / Disjointed / Dear White People / Libby & Malcolm (if it finds a home)

Drama Series:
    1. Game of Thrones
    2. Stranger Things
    3. The Americans (farewell)
    4. Better Call Saul
    5. The Crown
    6. Snowfall
    7. Mindhunters / Gypsy / Mr Mercedes / The Handmaid’s Tale / Rise / The Good Doctor

Turd Ferguson
    Participant
    Topics:

Arrested Development and Curb Your Enthusiasm make comebacks.

Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

Actually I take that back. The Americans and Game of Thrones will be on their final years next year, so I think they should BOTH win Drama Series. I mean, do I seriously have to pick one of the other?

Andrew Carden
    Participant
    Topics:

Roseanne will be limited series, I presume?

OSCAR FLASHBACK: 20 Years of Streep (1999) – Music of the Heart

Phillippo
    Participant
    Topics:

Will that Cary Fukunaga, Emma Stone, Jonah Hill Nettlix show be out? I think that sounds like a shoe-in

Sasha
    Participant
    Topics:

Roseanne will be limited series, I presume?

OSCAR FLASHBACK: 20 Years of Streep (1999) – Music of the Heart

Nah. It’ll be tenth season or as many people are gonna proper ninth one.

jacob121
    Participant
    Topics:

Wait, I am confused about Twin Peaks (I’ve been avoiding that thread since I have never seen the original and I am in the middle of catching up). I presumed that it was a limited series?

The timing for them is seriously so wonky. Why start airing so late into the eligibility period that you don’t even have the requisite number of episodes to qualify? Twin Peaks and Lynch are big enough names to potentially keep themselves in the conversation until awards season 2018 rolls around but it really feels like they shot themselves in the foot here.

Oh, and unless Game of Thrones somehow completely bombs – it will (deservedly or not – that’s a different topic) win drama series in 2018 and 2019. Still not sure if it will ever win another acting award but I’d be pretty disappointed if GOT ended its run without Lena Headey taking home the prize at least once.

Comedy series I think is still pretty up in the air. I don’t see Will and Grace or Roseanne nominated for series, though. Seriously, I understand that there is a lot of nostalgia on here for those two shows but so far no revival has managed to get a top series nomination so I would be pretty cautious. I think some of the actors probably have a better shot than the shows themselves.

• This reply was modified 5 months ago by  jacob121.
    Anonymous
    Topics:

X Files was drama so I’m assuming this will also be drama. Gilmore Girls went limited but it also has a subtitle and is only 4 episodes. Twin Peaks is 18 episodes. There isn’t a limit but that seems like a stretch to get an appeal.

I do think it is worth noting though that most revivals are listed on the same IMDB page, Gilmore Girls doesn’t count because it has a subtitle, but this Twin Peaks is on a completely different page. I don’t know if that’s relevant but who knows?

jacob121
    Participant
    Topics:

X Files was drama so I’m assuming this will also be drama. Gilmore Girls went limited but it also has a subtitle and is only 4 episodes. Twin Peaks is 18 episodes. There isn’t a limit but that seems like a stretch to get an appeal.

I do think it is worth noting though that most revivals are listed on the same IMDB page, Gilmore Girls doesn’t count because it has a subtitle, but this Twin Peaks is on a completely different page. I don’t know if that’s relevant but who knows?

Good points – I am pretty sure Twin Peaks also has a subtitle. Isn’t it Twin Peaks: The Return?

As for X-Files, that has already confirmed additional episodes so drama makes sense in that case whereas I really can’t see Lynch making more beyond these 18 (and he has stated as such).

Anonymous
    Topics:

X Files was drama so I’m assuming this will also be drama. Gilmore Girls went limited but it also has a subtitle and is only 4 episodes. Twin Peaks is 18 episodes. There isn’t a limit but that seems like a stretch to get an appeal. I do think it is worth noting though that most revivals are listed on the same IMDB page, Gilmore Girls doesn’t count because it has a subtitle, but this Twin Peaks is on a completely different page. I don’t know if that’s relevant but who knows?

Good points – I am pretty sure Twin Peaks also has a subtitle. Isn’t it Twin Peaks: The Return? As for X-Files, that has already confirmed additional episodes so drama makes sense in that case whereas I really can’t see Lynch making more beyond these 18 (and he has stated as such).

I thought the return was just the name of the premiere. I could be wrong though. I’m still on season 2.

jacob121
    Participant
    Topics:

@hunterbergfeld

Yeah, I am not entirely sure. I’m also only a few episodes into season 2 so it may be a while before I check out the new version but all the divisive reactions have me very intrigued!

Oh and I love your left-field confidence in Mr. Robot Season 3!

Anonymous
    Topics:

Ya the second half of season 2 seemed like it was all set up for some epic shit in season 3. The ending of season 2 made it seem like season 3 was going to be a huge scale event. And the show still has support so if season 3 is amazing it could easily get another nom (assuming season 2 is snubbed).

jacob121
    Participant
    Topics:

Ya the second half of season 2 seemed like it was all set up for some epic shit in season 3. The ending of season 2 made it seem like season 3 was going to be a huge scale event. And the show still has support so if season 3 is amazing it could easily get another nom (assuming season 2 is snubbed).

Well I am somewhat foolishly holding out hope that it survives the lineup this year even though I know that it’s not likely.

Anonymous
    Topics:

Every summer there is a show that comes out of nowhere and becomes an Emmy contender. Mr Robot. Stranger Thinggns. UnReal. Atlanta

What will be that show this summer?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 548 total)

The topic ‘2018 Emmy Predictions’ is closed to new replies.