2018 Emmy Predictions

Home // Forums // Television // 2018 Emmy Predictions

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 334 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
11 hours ago
replies
views
users
  • leothescorpio
    Participant
    Topics:

FX’s Snowfall.

ReplyCopy URL
    jacob121
    Participant
    Topics:

Every summer there is a show that comes out of nowhere and becomes an Emmy contender. Mr Robot. Stranger Thinggns. UnReal. Atlanta

What will be that show this summer?

G.L.O.W.?

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Participant
    Topics:

I am betting on Game of Thrones too, but I do not see how you can be so dismissive of Stranger Things when it won PGA over it (and SAG).

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

I am betting on Game of Thrones too, but I do not see how you can be so dismissive of Stranger Things when it won PGA over it (and SAG).

THANK. YOU. SO. MUCH!!!!!!!

I wasn’t saying Game of Thrones wasn’t going to win, all I said was it was a race and that Stranger Things should not be dismissed and that we shouldn’t call Game of Thrones a lock before we even saw the show. I still think its winning but I think there will at least be a race.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Participant
    Topics:

Over ten times more predicted that Game of Thrones would win over Stranger Things, so there is some arrogance here. PGA matters so much because they have aligned with the Emmys eight of the last ten years here. The only other time that they disagreed was when Boardwalk Empire beat Mad Men, although the opposite had played out at the Emmys. Although Boardwalk Empire did not go on to win at the next Emmys, we can say in hindsight that this signaled that Mad Men was never going to win again. (It lost to Homeland, which won the next PGA when it was eligible for the first time.)

ReplyCopy URL
    Reis
    Participant
    Topics:

Everyone that is underestimated Stranger Things this year is crazy.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

I think we should look out for Alias Grace, Barry, The Deuce, G.L.O.W., Godless, Purity (if released in time), Room 104, Friends from College, Sharp Objects, and Here,Now (in fact, I think it could win if out in time).

Here, Now has Holly Hunter and Alan Ball. SOunds like a dream team.

ReplyCopy URL
    jacob121
    Participant
    Topics:

I think we should look out for Alias Grace, Barry, The Deuce, G.L.O.W., Godless, Purity (if released in time), Room 104, Friends from College, Sharp Objects, and Here,Now (in fact, I think it could win if out in time).

Oh, no doubt in my mind that Sharp Objects will be a big awards player, just unsure of the actual release date.

I think The Deuce is also intriguing. Feels like it could be a flop or a massive critical success.

I’ve already stated that I feel like G.L.O.W. has potential, particularly for Alison Brie.

ReplyCopy URL
    24Emmy
    Participant
    Topics:

Disjointed (Kathy Bates)
    Philip K. Dick’s Electric Dreams
    Gypsy (Naomi Watts)
    The Last Tycoon
    Law & Order: True Crime (Edie Falco)
    The Looming Tower
    Maniac
    Ozark (Laura Linney)
    Trust

ReplyCopy URL
    forwardswill
    Participant
    Topics:

Rooting for Netflix’s Godless in the Limited Series categories. It stars Jeff Daniels, Jack O’Connell and Michelle Dockery. Can Netflix’s first true foray into the limited format be a success? My bet’s on yes.

FYC: The Crown, Fleabag and AHS: Roanoke for Gold Derby TV Awards

ReplyCopy URL
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

I like Game of Thrones but some of these fanboys are ridiculous.

Its a good show and deserves almost all of its nominations, but it is never the best show on TV. Mad Men was more deserving the first year GoT won and The Leftovers/ Jessica Jones/ Mr. Robot/ Horace and Pete/ The Americans were more deserving when Thrones won its second time.

You must be fanboy as well, because this is absurd…. Only Mad Men and The Americans have the quality of Game of Thrones, the rest are really low… The acclaim of The Leftovers is a product of crazy fanboys, is a good show, but is not Emmy worthy and it will never be.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

I like Game of Thrones but some of these fanboys are ridiculous. Its a good show and deserves almost all of its nominations, but it is never the best show on TV. Mad Men was more deserving the first year GoT won and The Leftovers/ Jessica Jones/ Mr. Robot/ Horace and Pete/ The Americans were more deserving when Thrones won its second time.

You must be fanboy as well, because this is absurd…. Only Mad Men and The Americans have the quality of Game of Thrones, the rest are really low… The acclaim of The Leftovers is a product of crazy fanboys, is a good show, but is not Emmy worthy and it will never be.

so I’m a fanboY because in m opinion there are shows better than Game of Thrones?

Oubviously you havnt watched Horace and Pete.

I did not like season 1 of The Leftovers. Season 2 was almost perfect. Have you even seen season 2?

Jessica Jones was m personal winner of that year because I thought it was the best show in mY opinion. If that makes me a fanboY, so be it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Jack Jansen
    Participant
    Topics:

The Leftovers is the best show on right now.

ReplyCopy URL
    Sasha
    Participant
    Topics:

The Leftovers is the best show on right now.

It is! I have no idea what the fuck is going on most of the time but I cannot stop staring at it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

The LEftovers and The Handmaid’s Tale are both top notch right now. And OITNB if I can count that as currently airing since its been leaked. I still cant decide my personal winner between those 3 (referring to season 4 of OITNB).

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 334 total)
Reply To: 2018 Emmy Predictions

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.