2018 Emmy Predictions

Home // Forums // Television // 2018 Emmy Predictions

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 334 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
10 hours ago
replies
views
users
  • Ciarán Lincoln Dunne
    Participant
    Topics:

I feel as if I need to watch Stranger Things again. I really enjoyed it when I watched it but I was shocked when it got GG and SAG nominations and it buzzing as a serious Emmy contender really caught me off guard. I guess it has some sort of mass appeal

ReplyCopy URL
    Sasha
    Participant
    Topics:

I still think that Will & Grace will not be a factor.

Of course you think that…

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

Al Pacino to Star as Penn State Coach Joe Paterno in New HBO Movie From Barry Levinson

The fact that this movie is getting made is getting a lot of bad press. I feel like it’ll only increase as it gets closer.

ReplyCopy URL
    GraemeONeil
    Participant
    Topics:

Watching this season of “House Of Cards”, Spacey and Wright don’t have great tapes like they’ve had in previous seasons, BUT Wright has an incredible arch that will surely still get her a nom, and she could totally be someone that people mark their ballot for because of the impact of her arch. She could submit one of the final episodes of the season and be competitive. It just wouldn’t be as strong of a tape that she’s had in the past (she really should have won last year). But her arch this year could push her to the finish line. The rave reviews she’s gotten for Wonder Woman won’t hurt.

ReplyCopy URL
    jf123
    Participant
    Topics:

Watching this season of “House Of Cards”, Spacey and Wright don’t have great tapes like they’ve had in previous seasons, BUT Wright has an incredible arch that will surely still get her a nom, and she could totally be someone that people mark their ballot for because of the impact of her arch. She could submit one of the final episodes of the season and be competitive. It just wouldn’t be as strong of a tape that she’s had in the past (she really should have won last year). But her arch this year could push her to the finish line. The rave reviews she’s gotten for Wonder Woman won’t hurt.

This current season of House of Cards will be eligible for this years Emmys, not 2018

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

Did anybody catch the premiere of Orphan Black?

ReplyCopy URL
    pulp50
    Participant
    Topics:

Had no idea it was back on. Whoops.

ReplyCopy URL
    Sasha
    Participant
    Topics:

Yes. She’s winning that second Emmy.

ReplyCopy URL
    jacob121
    Participant
    Topics:

I did. My grasp on this show’s mythology is so tenuous so large swathes of exposition meant nothing to me but I was entertained nonetheless. I’m committed to seeing it through to the end. As far as a Maslany showcase it was only so-so.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

So I have a feeling 2018 will be the biggest shakeup in the comedy categories since 2010. Sort of like drama this year. We have Roseanne, Will and Grace, G.L.O.W., maybe Arrested Development, Friends from College, Barry, Network comedies (The Mayor, Ghosted, etc.), and more that I haven’t even heard of. Betting that MF finally falls out next year. What else will fall out?

ReplyCopy URL
    pulp50
    Participant
    Topics:

Modern Family will almost certainly fall out next year if it doesn’t this year. Master of None probably won’t be back, there’s a decent chance Atlanta won’t either.  I could possibly see UKS and Transparent falling out. I think Transparent would have to have a bad season for that to happen though. I don’t feel like Glow has that much buzz, but it’s jenji Lohan, Netflix, and is getting very good critical reviews so we’ll have to see about that one. I’m honestly not all that confident in Roseanne, I think John Goodman and Laurie Metcalf will be strong contenders but I’m not sure about the show. Will & Grace seems more likely to come back strong. Arrested Development hopefully will be released in time, they didn’t really embrace season 4 though, that might have been due to somewhat mixed reception though.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

they didn’t really embrace season 4 though, that might have been due to somewhat mixed reception though.

I’d bet it was timing. It was released right before the deadline and it wasn’t a priority for voters. But it did good at guilds once they had time.

ReplyCopy URL
    Jack Jansen
    Participant
    Topics:

Don’t forget Curb Your Enthusiasm

ReplyCopy URL
    leothescorpio
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m rooting for Friends From College so hard. Atlanta will probably be back in Late Winter/ Early Spring 2018 if they start filming in September.

ReplyCopy URL
    Sasha
    Participant
    Topics:

Angela Lansubry will be finally winning her long overdue Emmy next season: ‘Little Women’: Angela Lansbury In Talks For Miniseries Adaptation At BBC & PBS

I’m almost in tears right now. I cannot see them denying her this time.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 334 total)
Reply To: 2018 Emmy Predictions

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.