Home Forums Television 2018 Emmys – Guest Acting Predictions

2018 Emmys – Guest Acting Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
replies
views
users
Hunter-ish
Eden
Awards Fanatic
  • Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

Saturday Night Live and This Is Us dominated last year’s Drama and Comedy categories, so are they still strong this year? Here are a few contenders.

Drama Guest Actor
    Michael C. Hall, The Crown
    Matthew Goode, The Crown
    Ron Cephas Jones, This Is Us

Hall is probably the safest among these and I doubt that Netflix would campaign Goode. This Is Us had three nominations last year and they’re having a ghost just to grab another award, Jones should be safe. And since they are having a ghost, they’ll probably have McRaney by the end of the season. I think he appeared briefly at the start of the second season, but it isn’t listed on iMDB. Can someone confirm if he was in the second season?

Drama Guest Actress
    Diana Rigg, Game of Thrones
    Cicely Tyson, How to Get Away With Murder
    Marisa Tomei, The Handmaid’s Tale
    Cherry Jones, The Handmaid’s Tale
    Kate Burton, This Is Us
    Alison Wright, The Americans

I wouldn’t be surprised if this is how the category actually looks, but it’s way too early to predict it. Rigg is safe, Tyson probably too. If The Handmaid’s Tale is still big in its second season, then they’ll probably get both Tomei and Jones nominated. Burton was previously nominated for guest starring in Grey’s Anatomy and Scandal and she was in a big episode of This Is Us. Wright was nominated last year and I don’t think they’ll have her in supporting this year.

Comedy Guest Actor
    Kumail Nanjiani, Saturday Night Live
    Larry David, Saturday Night Live
    Chance the Rapper, Saturday Night Live
    Will Ferrell, Saturday Night Live
    Alec Baldwin, Saturday Night Live

This looks terrible, but I can’t think of another contender who wasn’t on SNL. I think Nanjiani and Ferrell are getting in and Baldwin if he’s actually a guest. David got some backlash about the episode, so not really sure about him.

Comedy Guest Actress
    Tiffany Haddish, Saturday Night Live
    Tina Fey, Great News
    Maya Rudolph, The Good Place

I think all three can be snubbed, can’t think of someone else. Maybe Kudrow for Grace and Frankie? Both Rudolph and Fey couldn’t get in for Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, a more popular show at the Emmys.

Hunter-ish
    Participant
    Topics:

http://www.goldderby.com/forum/television/2017-2018-guest-emmy-categories/#post-1202474745

You were the last person to comment in this forum.

ReplyCopy URL
    Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

http://www.goldderby.com/forum/television/2017-2018-guest-emmy-categories/#post-1202474745 You were the last person to comment in this forum.

So sorry. I couldn’t find it. Can someone merge them?

ReplyCopy URL
    Awards Fanatic
    Participant
    Topics:

I would love for Cicely to get in again, and actually win. 4.01 was her best performance on HTGAWM. I also think Viola should submit for her Scandal episode, she could easily make it in. And look out for Indira Varma for 7×03 of GoT

Luca G.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.