Home Forums Television Any 2014 Emmy Snub That Made You Real Happy?

Any 2014 Emmy Snub That Made You Real Happy?

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
Created
3 years ago
Last Reply
3 years ago
replies
views
users
  • jf123
    Participant
    Topics:

Was there a snub that made you unbelievably happy? I was really happy when I heard Sofia Vergara and Ed O’Neil wern’t nominated for Modern Family and when Anna Faris wasn’t nominated for Mom.

TomHardys
    Participant
    Topics:

Cannot wait for the predictably annoying “Sofia Vergara!!!” comments. You guys love to act like she’s the comedic spawn of Satan.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

Brooklyn Nine-Nine
    & Good Wife

because I said for months that some people on the Internet talking about something and some of those people being on this site does NOT make up for a generally muted reaction from  the nation/people who matter.

ReplyCopy URL
    KyleBailey
    Participant
    Topics:

I am actually not glad for any snubs. I think that the Modern Family snubs were nice because it means the Emmys are giving more actors a chance and are letting go of it but really alot of snubs were ridiculous snubs 

ReplyCopy URL
    Creamy Rooibos
    Participant
    Topics:

Ed O’Neil and Sofia Vergara, that’s no brainer

June Squibb fror anything, James Spader, Carrie Preston (I knew that! And successfully didn’t predict her), Dean Norris.

ReplyCopy URL
    Denis
    Participant
    Topics:

Donwton Abbey for sure. oh, wait a minute…

ReplyCopy URL
    snowhite
    Topics:

Sophia V. I think she should have won a while back, but not anymore. I think for the most part Modern Family lost it’s charm.

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

Merrit Weaver AND Brooklyn Nine Nine

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

Sofia Vergara. She can’t act to save her life.

ReplyCopy URL
    Halo_Insider
    Participant
    Topics:

I’d say Ed O’Neill, probably. It’s a shame that he hasn’t won an Emmy by now, but I don’t think he’s had much to do (on the whole) for  a while on Modern Family, and Supporting Actor is pretty stacked with contenders.

Huge Good Wife fan, and while I think it deserved a Drama Series nomination, I’m actually pretty glad that some of the Guest Actors we had predicted didn’t make it in. It’s hard for me to think what Nathan Lane did this year, aside from wait in traffic in a taxicab, and I’m not sure why GoldDerby saw fit to nominate him for Guest Actor this year. Carrie Preston would’ve made for a good nominee, but she hardly had as good a showcase in Season 5 as she did last year with “Je Ne Sais What?”. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Madson Melo
    Participant
    Topics:

SOFIA VERGARA!!!!

Michele Dockery, you’re next!!

ReplyCopy URL
    Nick Spake
    Participant
    Topics:

Girls.

ReplyCopy URL
    GoMe91
    Participant
    Topics:

Homeland, definitely. If only Downton Abbey had joined them.

Also…The Hollow Crown. Just because I didn’t want to sit through 4 hours of Shakespeare (also I didn’t predict it!)

I guess Modern Family losing some nominations was also nice just because the actors took up too much space for too long. Maybe, next year, they should consider having a couple of the actors go lead (we don’t have to get into that again!)

ReplyCopy URL
    FrozenBarbie
    Participant
    Topics:

Can’t say that any snub made me happy, per se… but I’m not sad that Emilia Clarke was snubbed in favor of Lena Headey. Not sad about Homeland, either. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Emmys2011
    Participant
    Topics:

Agree with Sofia Vergara. I love the show so much and think the entire cast deserves the nominations/wins its gotten, but I stopped liking Vergara´s performance a few seasons ago. I actually didn´t know I wanted her to be snubbed until I realized she wasn´t on the nominee list and felt relieved.

Its not really fair for me to say this cause I don´t watch the show, but I was glad Clarke wasn´t there. I did check out her submission last year and didn´t get any of it. Seriously, if she considers that to be her best showcase, then I guess she doesn´t have a lot to show about her performance…

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
Reply To: Any 2014 Emmy Snub That Made You Real Happy?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.