Emmy Awards Ballot 2016 — Surprises? Shocks? Omissions?

Home // Forums // Television // Emmy Awards Ballot 2016 — Surprises? Shocks? Omissions?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 175 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
  • John-K
    Participant
    Topics:

Wait, Tina Fey and Amy Poehler are allowed to be submitted as one person for Guest Actress as SNL co-hosts? How can they lose?

ReplyCopy URL
    David Buchanan
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Julia Louis-Dreyfus was not submitted for Guest Actress for SNL! That was an almost guaranteed nomination…

Formerly known in the forums as PianoMann.

ReplyCopy URL
    Guest2014
    Participant
    Topics:

No Continuum. Goddamn this clause:

“Foreign television production is ineligible unless it is the result of a co-production (both financially and creatively) between U.S. and foreign partners, which precedes the start of production, and with a purpose to be shown on U.S. television.”

It’s one of the best series of the century and it was discriminated against because it was from Canada.

ReplyCopy URL
    John-K
    Participant
    Topics:

Huzzah, Josh Charles is submitted for Guest Actor for The Good Wife!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by  John-K.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Participant
    Topics:

Comedy Directing:

5 black-ish. Probably too many, especially with Gail Mancuso and Beth McCarthy-Miller splitting votes as the “names”.
    Catastrophe: Episode 3 instead of the pilot like in writing.
    3 The Last Man on Earth. Done.
    Master of None: “Parents” again? Double nooooo.
    Neither Gail Mancuso nor Beth McCarthy-Miller submitted for Modern Family. They are putting all of their eggs in the black-ish basket. Will the Emmys follow suit?
    Alec Berg submitted different episodes for writing and directing of Silicon Valley. Will be interesting to watch these in the next two weeks. Only two episodes total in directing for Silicon Valley (like in writing). Well done.
    Only two Transparent! Surprised that the second episode was not the one by the DGA nominee or the one by the Cannes winner though. Hmm. Does Transparent or Silicon Valley get a second nomination? Does the name recognition of Transparent or the name recognition of Alec Berg trump?
    3 Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, but with one obvious choice, which is the season finale and also the only one by an Emmy nominee.
    3 Veep: Show runner versus DGA winner versus the acclaimed “Mother” makes for the ultimate test of vote-splitting.

Drama Directing:

Not that they had a chance, but the two directing actors submitted themselves, so The Americans has three episodes instead of the one that FX submitted.
    9 Better Call Saul. Why?
    3 Downton Abbey for the first time, but description of one begins with “Two-hour series finale.” Well done.
    Jeremy Podeswa submitted “Home” instead of the season premiere. Good on him. “Battle of the Bastards” description: “Terms of surrender are accepted and rejected.” Good luck, Miguel Sapochnik.
    “End”: “We see the resolution of Alicia Florrick’s seven-year journey in this series-ending episode of THE GOOD WIFE.” Ha, all caps.
    Horace and Pete: Finale
    The Knick went with the “Season Finale:” instead of their DGA nominee.
    The Leftovers: In-house director versus “International Assassin”.
    You can tell which Mr. Robot episodes were submitted by the show and which were submitted by the directors themselves based on the episode descriptions. Major spoilers, by the way. “(Pilot)” is helpful, although I do wonder if it splits a few votes with the show runner episode, which somewhat confusingly has “1.1” in its title.

Limited Directing:

2 American Crime
    3 American Crime Story
    2 American Horror Story. Rejoice!
    3 Fargo and no finale. Hmm.
    4 Roots. Too many.

Variety Directing:

American Idol: not the series finale
    Inside Amy Schumer: “Madonna/Whore” (not by Schumer)
    Key & Peele: “The End”
    Last Week Tonight: “Make Donald Drumpf Again”
    The Late Show: “Post-Super Bowl Show”
    Portlandia: three episodes
    Real Time: Al Gore
    Saturday Night Live: “Co-Hosts: Tina Fey & Amy Poehler”
    The Tonight Show: Justin Timberlake & Ellen DeGeneres

ReplyCopy URL
    24Emmy
    Participant
    Topics:

Wait, Tina Fey and Amy Poehler are allowed to be submitted as one person for Guest Actress as SNL co-hosts? How can they lose?

Ugh. Why is that allowed?

ReplyCopy URL
    Marcus James Dixon
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Here are the 2016 Emmy ballots —

http://www.emmys.com/ballots/2016

Guys, I’m going to do a “Top 10 Emmy ballot shockers” item. Help me! What are some of the biggest surprises or omissions? No JLD for “SNL”? No McShane for “GoT”?

ReplyCopy URL
    David Buchanan
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Guys, I’m going to do a “Top 10 Emmy ballot shockers” item. Help me! What are some of the biggest surprises or omissions? No JLD for “SNL”? No McShane for “GoT”?

I would add Josh Charles’ appearance on the ballot, too, for The Good Wife finale. He wasn’t included on the FYC so many of us thought he would be left off if he didn’t submit himself.

Formerly known in the forums as PianoMann.

ReplyCopy URL
    John-K
    Participant
    Topics:

I know The Grinder was cancelled, but that’s no excuse for them not submitting Timothy Olyphant for Guest Actor. Also, there’s a potential DQ nominee since Jason Sudeikis is submitted for Last Man on Earth in Guest, but he was in too many episodes. But I’m happy Peter MacNicol is submitted for Veep. He could not only get nominated, but win.

Also, as I previously pointed out, I believe Connie Britton is ineligible for Limited Supporting in People v. OJ due to the 5 percent rule.

ReplyCopy URL
    flv4466
    Participant
    Topics:

Please God, let the Emmy voters nominate The Americans in writting 🙁

ReplyCopy URL
    24Emmy
    Participant
    Topics:

The idea that we could possibly see Tina Fey and Amy Poehler sharing an acting nomination has to be up there.

Please God, let the Emmy voters nominate The Americans in writting ????

Good chance. They nominated an episode last year.

ReplyCopy URL
    John-K
    Participant
    Topics:

Not sure if this counts as a shocker, but I don’t remember Keesha Sharp (Johnnie Cochran’s wife) being in the FYC for Supporting Actress on People v. OJ.

And given the new rule about differentiating Limited and Drama, how can Heroes: Reborn compete for Limited?

ReplyCopy URL
    flv4466
    Participant
    Topics:

The thing is that they do not submited one of the episodes in both of their screens: 20th Century Fox one and the one from FX.

ReplyCopy URL
    David Howard
    Participant
    Topics:

I was surprised to see Dianne Wiest as Lead for Life In Pieces.

ReplyCopy URL
    John-K
    Participant
    Topics:

Does Johnny Depp being submitted for TV Movie Lead Actor as Donald Trump in Funny or Die’s parody biopic count as shocking?

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 175 total)
Reply To: Emmy Awards Ballot 2016 — Surprises? Shocks? Omissions?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.