Home Forums Television Best Actress Emmy Nominations 2017

Best Actress Emmy Nominations 2017

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
  • ricardo505
    Participant
    Topics:

COMEDY

Will win: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
    Could win: Allison Janney
    Should win: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
    Should’ve been there: Rachel Bloom, Tig Notaro, Constance Wu

DRAMA

Will win: Claire Foy
    Could win: Elisabeth Moss
    Should win: Anyone that is not Viola Davis or Robin Wright
    Should’ve been there: Shiri Appleby, Carrie Coon, Eva Green

ReplyCopy URL
    Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)
    Participant
    Topics:

The Drama Lead Actress category is a dogfight between Foy and Moss. Since episode submissions don’t really matter anymore, we have to look at other factors. Moss has the overdue factor working in her favor, while Foy has obviously won most of the awards on the road to the Emmys.

What also helps Moss is the fact that Handmaid’s overperformed yesterday in nominations, while The Crown missed out in some tech categories.

ReplyCopy URL
    Andrew D
    Participant
    Topics:

What also helps Moss is the fact that Handmaid’s overperformed yesterday in nominations, while The Crown missed out in some tech categories.

But do you think they cancel each toher out and someone who has a solid base that doesn’t split wins ? could Robin , Evan or Keri Sneak past with a strong fan base of votes ?

https://www.etsy.com/shop/AndrewsArt

Check out my Store.

ReplyCopy URL
    SayMyName
    Participant
    Topics:

I love how optimistic you guys are. I think Moss will lose again. She’s never going to win an Emmy. She’s too good for that shitty prize. But if not her, it should goes to Viola Davis who was knockout in HTGAWM. Those who’s telling it otherwise are not watching the show. Just sayin’.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

She’s never going to win an Emmy.

never speak again.

ReplyCopy URL
    Andrew D
    Participant
    Topics:

I am chugging though the Handmaidens tale ( amazing ) after im watching the crown … so i can compare..

Beacause i love Robin, Viola , Russell and Wood

Check out my Store.

ReplyCopy URL
    MMakeItLookGood
    Participant
    Topics:

As norm, Julia Louis-Dreyfus will win lead actress comedy (SMH)

Lead Actress drama I believe is not as cut and dry. A case can be made for all of the actresses to win or win again. Elisabeth will likely win on the buzz factor for she and the show alone. I wouldn’t put a whole lot of stake in the fact that Handmaids Tale overperformed in nominations, see a one Robin Wright for my reasoning for that. However, we will see how many the win or don’t win at the creative arts ceremonies to kinda forecast how they might fare at the actual emmys.

ReplyCopy URL
    Andrew D
    Participant
    Topics:

As norm, Julia Louis-Dreyfus will win lead actress comedy (SMH)

Lead Actress drama I believe is not as cut and dry. A case can be made for all of the actresses to win or win again. Elisabeth will likely win on the buzz factor for she and the show alone. I wouldn’t put a whole lot of stake in the fact that Handmaids Tale overperformed in nominations, see a one Robin Wright for my reasoning for that. However, we will see how many the win or don’t win at the creative arts ceremonies to kinda forecast how they might fare at the actual emmys.

i agree it think any and all deserve to win.

Check out my Store.

ReplyCopy URL
    Miles Allen
    Participant
    Topics:

I just finished watching the Handmaid’s Tale. Elisabeth Moss is incredible, honestly one of the most astonishing performances I’ve seen in recent years. She is coming for that Emmy you guys.

ReplyCopy URL
    pulp50
    Participant
    Topics:

I wasn’t sure about Moss before, but after seeing how well the Handmaid’s Tale did in nominations I’m extremely confident in predicting her.

ReplyCopy URL
    Andrew D
    Participant
    Topics:

im on episode 7 and Moss is killing it …. But the question i have is how is Yvonne Strahovski not nominated ??? She is amazing … Did she submit in lead also ? I love Dowd and Wiley but they are not as good as her so far and im still on seven so im sure they will have more screen time.

Check out my Store.

ReplyCopy URL
    ENGLAND
    Participant
    Topics:

Would love for Russel or David to take drama.

ReplyCopy URL
    pulp50
    Participant
    Topics:

im on episode 7 and Moss is killing it …. But the question i have is how is Yvonne Strahovski not nominated ??? She is amazing … Did she submit in lead also ? I love Dowd and Wiley but they are not as good as her so far and im still on seven so im sure they will have more screen time.

Strahovski’s snub is crazy, maybe because Dowd and Wiley have buzz from their other shows? Maybe they just aren’t really watching it but wanted to nominate the important show.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

I don’t understand how Wiley would have gotten in from buzz from OITNB? If that’s why she got in than those votes would have split since she was on the ballot for both, right? It makes 0 sense to me.

ReplyCopy URL
    Lord Freddy Blackfyre
    Participant
    Topics:

Comedy Actress

Will and Should win: Julia Louise Dreyfus (Veep)

Drama Actress

As much as i love The Crown i can’t see what others see in Claire Foy. I don’t whatch How To Get Away With Murder, so i don’t have an opinion on Viola Davis. Evan Rachel Wood and Kerry Russell give just average performances in their respective shows. Is a shame that Carrie Coon and Eva Green were snubb in favor of Robin Wright who as everything related to HoC should have been dropped from any award consideration. That leave us with Elisabeth Moss who is really good in her show and she is the only aspect that is really worthy of recognition in that series because she is The Handmaid’s Tale.

Will Win: Elisabeth Moss (The Handmaid’s Tale)
    Should Win: Carrie Coon or Eva Green

Limited Series Actress

Will Win: Nicole Kidman, Big Little Lies
    Could Win: Jessica Lange, Feud
    Should Win: Nicole Kidman or Susan Sarandon

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.