August 18, 2015 at 3:12 pm #358596
Are you watching the submitted episodes for Best Comedy Actor? Is Jeffrey Tambor way out front to win or is somebody sneaking up on him? Give your analysis and predictions in this thread.
BEST COMEDY ACTOR:
Anthony Anderson, “Black-ish” – episode “Sex, Lies and Vasectomies”
Don Cheadle, “House of Lies” – episode “It’s a Box Inside a Box”
Louis C.K., “Louie” – episode “Bobby’s House”
Will Forte, “The Last Man on Earth” – episode “Alive in Tucson”
Matt LeBlanc, “Episodes” – episode “Episode 405”
William H. Macy, “Shameless” – episode “A Night to Remem – Wait, What?”
Jeffrey Tambor, “Transparent” – episode “The Letting Go”August 18, 2015 at 3:21 pm #358598
The ONLY thing standing in Tambor´s way is the fact that his performance is not comedic, and the voters usually go for broad comedy. But then again CK is like that, Macy either, LeBlanc and Cheadle will continue to be nothing but fillers. Anderson and Forte are the spoilers.August 18, 2015 at 3:21 pm #358599
Anthony anderson if they go for the traditional sitcom performance
Both are deservingAugust 18, 2015 at 3:49 pm #358600
I’m rooting for William H. Macy & Will Forte.August 19, 2015 at 8:17 am #358601
Rooting for Tambor or ForteAugust 19, 2015 at 10:37 am #358602
I was a little more confident in Tambor before learning his submission. Watch out for Anderson. His episode is very good.August 19, 2015 at 9:56 pm #358603
This is exciting because regardless we are going to have a new winner. That being said, this is a COMEDY category and that has always mattered.
1. Will Forte- In most of the episode alone, wrote the episode and he’s still funny but we get depth with this performance he’s heartwarming, sad, and almost tries to kill himself giving us that moment of excitement for the character at the end. My hesitation lies in the fact I can see “Alone in Tuscon” winning writing, and directing without being nominated for series as Malcolm in the Middle pulled off but they didn not award its breakout star Jane Kaczmarek. So can Forte pull this off or will they spread the wealth? I’m thinking of making this my 500 point bet…haven’t decided yet.
2. Jeffrey Tambor- Has two big negatives; one, he is not in any way funny I didn’t even smile at his performance, two, in this episode he’s more of a supporting character than a lead. He probably would’ve been better served by the episode featuring the talent show or a long flashback. I know everyone’s saying he’s overdue….but is he really? If he’s that beloved why wasn’t he name-checked nominated for Arrested Development. I believe like OINTB leading in nominations a year ago that might be all the show accomplishes.
3. Anthony Anderson- I was upset he didn’t submit the pilot where he is more front and center but, after re-watching this episode I did laugh and if they want something more traditional this is it.
4. William H. Macy- Kinda funny but not enough to break into the top three. This show really tried to push itself as a comedy and he has some good moments but not enough to win.
5 or 6. Louis C.K. and Matt LeBlanc- Both of their episode submissions are about the same as last year and it seems as if their chances of winning have passed. Neither does enough to stand out and is kinda just in the category more than competing for a win.
6. Don Cheadle- Never been funny. Not even after a couple of drinks is this remotely funny. But continually he takes a spot from a more deserving actor. So….Bravo!!!August 20, 2015 at 12:24 pm #358604
Jeffrey Tambor- Has two big negatives; one, he is not in any way funny I didn’t even smile at his performance, two, in this episode he’s more of a supporting character than a lead. He probably would’ve been better served by the episode featuring the talent show or a long flashback. I know everyone’s saying he’s overdue….but is he really? If he’s that beloved why wasn’t he name-checked nominated for Arrested Development. I believe like OINTB leading in nominations a year ago that might be all the show accomplishes.
He WAS nominated for arrested development in 2004 and 2005. I actually consider it name chck as well, cause he was by far the least deserving of the men. I agree that he isnt necessarilly overdue…