Best of 2015 Lists

Home // Forums // Television // Best of 2015 Lists

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 91 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
replies
views
users
  • mikeboy898
    Participant
    Topics:

Aggregating “Best of 2015” lists from various entertainment publications.

Rolling Stone released their Top 25 list today:

1. Mr. Robot (Season 1, USA)
    2. Mad Men (Season 7B, AMC)
    3. Broad City (Season 2, Comedy Central)
    4. The Americans (Season 3, FX)
    5. Difficult People (Season 1, Hulu)

6. Empire (Season 1-2, FOX)
    7. Fargo (Season 2, FX)
    8. Veep (Season 4, HBO)
    9. Better Call Saul (Season 1, AMC)
    10. Last Week Tonight with John Oliver (Season 2, HBO)

11. Bojack Horseman (Season 2, Netflix)
    12. You’re the Worst (Season 2, FXX)
    13. Orange is the New Black (Season 3, Netflix)
    14. Hannibal (Season 3, NBC)
    15. Silicon Valley (Season 2, HBO)

16. Jessica Jones (Season 1, Netflix)
    17. The Leftovers (Season 2, HBO)
    18. Wet Hot American Summer: First Day of Summer (Netflix)
    19. Louie (Season 5, FX)
    20. Game of Thrones (Season 5, HBO)

21. Bloodline (Season 1, Netflix)
    22. Rick & Morty (Season 2, Adult Swim)
    23. Halt and Catch Fire (Season 2, AMC)
    24. Key & Peele (Season 5, Comedy Central)
    25. Narcos (Season 1, Netflix)

Riley
    Participant
    Topics:

HitFix aggregate (coming Monday I think) predictions:

1. Fargo season 2
    2. The Americans season 3
    3. Game of Thrones season 5
    4. Mr. Robot season 1
    5. Master of None season 1
    6. Transparent season 2
    7. The Leftovers season 2
    8. Mad Men season 7B
    9. Veep season 4
    10. Empire seasons 1 & 2A
    ReplyCopy URL
    SupaDupa Fly
    Participant
    Topics:

Rolling Stones list is trash. Well. The order of the some of the shows are.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

Yas, Mad Men T2

ReplyCopy URL
    Rooney Moore
    Participant
    Topics:

How are we supposed to take them seriously when they ranked Empire ahead of Fargo? And I though RS is a music site, do they write for TV, too? Are they really credible or do this for fun once in a year?

@thedemonhog Yasss. I look forward to see that list. Especially that “Best Performers List” will be so much fun.

But nooooo, there is no way GoT will end up that high(ahead of Mad Men).
    After seeing it got nominated for two TCA I understood that critics indeed didn’t hate the season as much as people on the internet (And they had voted for it before they even saw those last 3 applauded episodes). But they will probably feel it’s way overhyped now after seeing it won all those Emmys while MM and others didn’t get any. There will no passion behind the show. It’s hype also died long ago. They also love to promote underappreciated and unsung shows anyway(which they should be).
    I’m expecting The Americans to lead that list.

And can they please not give a lovefest to Jon Hamm on Performers side? I understand that his Emmy was an accumulative one, for years of great work on the show and I appreciate the voters for awarding him but he didn’t do anything new on that last season that he hasn’t done before.
    Please don’t be such a sheep and move on to someone more relevant!

I predict Taraji, Kirsten and Rami to lead that side of the list.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Participant
    Topics:

Viewing is too splintered right now.  Game of Thrones has the benefit of absolutely everyone watching it.  I could see it placing top-three overall without actually placing top-three on any individual list (except Mary McNamara’s).

The Americans might come first.  Fargo has the benefit of airing right now, but critics also only saw seven episodes before making their lists.  It seems to have a surplus of goodwill like no other show, but the buzz also seems rather cool right now.

Mad Men is old news.  TCA and the Emmys made sure to pay their overdue respects for Jon Hamm, but they have recognized the show itself enough.  Then again, I see now that it placed seventh last year for no reason, so I probably did put it too low.

Justified, Louie and Inside Amy Schumer should be bubbling under the top ten.

Rolling Stone is credible.  What about how Peter Travers is one of the most famous film critics?

ReplyCopy URL
    FrozenBarbie
    Participant
    Topics:

Well, if RS can’t even put Rectify or Justified on their list, f them.

ReplyCopy URL
    Rooney Moore
    Participant
    Topics:

LMAO at Mary McNamara. Tnx for the answers. Just assume that I upvoted your post until I find a computer.

ReplyCopy URL
    KyleBailey
    Participant
    Topics:

Awesome they included Difficult People at Number 5! And yeah Rolling Stone isn’t just about music. They are actually more political than anything else. Travers also is one of our best film critics not sure who they have for TV though (they did rank The Goldbergs Season 1 as the worst show of 2013 which was incorrect). I wish they would wait until at least the week before they go on winter break, Dec 1st isn’t the end of the year! I’m holding off on mine definitely until I see Transparent Season 2 

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Participant
    Topics:

It is ridiculous!  The Leftovers, Fargo, Transparent, Homeland, The Affair, The Good Wife and Empire are all still airing new episodes, plus people are probably still streaming Jessica Jones, Master of None and The Man in the High Castle since they just came out.  The remaining episodes of some of these could significantly impact reception to the season overall!  Those ten could conceivably make up someone’s top ten on their own.

ReplyCopy URL
    jf123
    Participant
    Topics:

I know I saw Time’s Top 10 of 2015 somewhere yesterday, but they must have deleted it because I cannot find it anywhere. I know Veep was #1 and I Am Cait was for some reason on there.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Participant
    Topics:

Time (Daniel D’Addario):

1. Veep
    2. Mad Men
    3. Inside Amy Schumer
    4. Fargo
    5. Mr. Robot
    6. Master of None
    7. I am Cait
    8. The Leftovers
    9. Empire
    10. Odd Mom Out
    ReplyCopy URL
    Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

How are we supposed to take them seriously when they ranked Empire ahead of Fargo? And I though RS is a music site, do they write for TV, too? Are they really credible or do this for fun once in a year?

@thedemonhog Yasss. I look forward to see that list. Especially that “Best Performers List” will be so much fun.

But nooooo, there is no way GoT will end up that high(ahead of Mad Men).
    After seeing it got nominated for two TCA I understood that critics indeed didn’t hate the season as much as people on the internet (And they had voted for it before they even saw those last 3 applauded episodes). But they will probably feel it’s way overhyped now after seeing it won all those Emmys while MM and others didn’t get any. There will no passion behind the show. It’s hype also died long ago. They also love to promote underappreciated and unsung shows anyway(which they should be).
    I’m expecting The Americans to lead that list.

And can they please not give a lovefest to Jon Hamm on Performers side? I understand that his Emmy was an accumulative one, for years of great work on the show and I appreciate the voters for awarding him but he didn’t do anything new on that last season that he hasn’t done before.
    Please don’t be such a sheep and move on to someone more relevant!

I predict Taraji, Kirsten and Rami to lead that side of the list.

How am I supposed to take them seriously when they put Fargo on their list, period? Top 50, MAYBE. Or how about them putting Broad City at #3, ahead of the far more imaginative Rick And Morty or culturally relevant Last Week Tonight? The Church of Our-Lady-of-Perpetual-Exemption WILL BE PISSED!!!!!!

ReplyCopy URL
    Cobalt Blue
    Topics:

It is ridiculous!  The Leftovers, Fargo, Transparent, Homeland, The Affair, The Good Wife and Empire are all still airing new episodes, plus people are probably still streaming Jessica Jones, Master of None and The Man in the High Castle since they just came out.  The remaining episodes of some of these could significantly impact reception to the season overall!  Those ten could conceivably make up someone’s top ten on their own.

What is the rush with these lists?   The year is only 92% finished.  And this month is more loaded than many others, if not all, in the TV season.

ReplyCopy URL
    Rooney Moore
    Participant
    Topics:

Also, Time’s Top 10 TV Episodes by same editor.

1- The Late Show with Stephen Colbert “Joe Biden Interview”
    2- The Last Man on Earth “Alive in Tuscon”
    3- Scandal “Dog-Whistle Politics”
    4- Project Greenlight “The Pivot”
    5- House of Cards “Chapter 39”
    6- Broad City “Hashtag FOMO”
    7- Looking “Looking for a Plot”
    8- Mad Men “Person to Person”
    9- Master of None “Mornings”
    10- You’re the Worst “LCD Soundsystem”

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 91 total)
Reply To: Best of 2015 Lists

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.