Home Forums Television Best Supporting Actor in a Drama Series, 2001

Best Supporting Actor in a Drama Series, 2001

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Created
4 years ago
Last Reply
4 years ago
replies
views
users
  • Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)
    Participant
    Topics:

Bradley Whitford won the Emmy, but did he really have the best tape?

A Person
    Participant
    Topics:

Whitford 100% deserved to win, though his co-star Richard Schiff or Michael Imperioli would have been very worthy as well.

ReplyCopy URL
    Chris Beachum
    Keymaster
    Topics:

His Christmas episode that year is one of the best the series ever produced plus an incredible performance by him.

ReplyCopy URL
    Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)
    Participant
    Topics:

For me, I am always torn between Whitford’s performance in “Noel” and Richard Schiff’s performance in “17 People”.

ReplyCopy URL
    A Person
    Participant
    Topics:

For me, I am always torn between Whitford’s performance in “Noel” and Richard Schiff’s performance in “17 People”.

Both are fantastic performances, but I’m glad Whitford got to win since Schiff had won the year before.

ReplyCopy URL
    Halo_Insider
    Participant
    Topics:

^ Which in itself was a great win, at least based on the strength of Schiff’s performance in “In Excelsius Deo”.

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

he deserved it. I think he deserved a lot of Emmys for his work on that show.

ReplyCopy URL
    Participant
    Topics:

I think that Schiff should have won in 2005 with “Drought Conditions”, but he wasn’t even nominated. Actually, I think that Schiff and Whitford stopped submitting themselves after their third nominations. John Spencer, however, was nominated until 2005, when he was snubbed.

ReplyCopy URL
    Eoin Daly
    Topics:

I agree with the choice of Whitford because he had the best tape and best season of the supporting males on the show.

ReplyCopy URL
    bondzzz
    Participant
    Topics:

That was an awesome episode for Whitford. The episode was really focused on his character and in one of the rare episodes where he really showed more of a serious performance, it was gripping. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Participant
    Topics:

I just noticed that all of the Drama Supporting Actor winners in the Sorkin era of The West Wing won for episodes taking place during Christmastime. The 11th way to win an Emmy: Have a Christmas episode!

ReplyCopy URL
    BTN
    Participant
    Topics:

I think it was a huge slam dunk win that tons of critics loved! Hard to find reviews from 2000! but here is a restatement of a USA Today review from 2003!

If you need a reminder of what has been lost in Aaron Sorkin’s departure from The West Wing (Bravo, 11 p.m. ET/PT), check out this classic Christmastime repeat from the second season. Written by Sorkin, the story follows Josh (a triumphant performance by Bradley Whitford) as he unwillingly recounts the events that got him sent to a therapist (Adam Arkin). 

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.