Best Supporting Actress Emmy Nominations 2017

Home // Forums // Television // Best Supporting Actress Emmy Nominations 2017

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
Created
Profile photo of Andrew D
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
1 day ago
replies
views
users
Profile photo of pulp50
Profile photo of Miles Allen
  • Profile photo of HunterbergfeldHunterbergfeld
    Participant
    Topics:

Regina King (ALT. Shaliene Woodley), Thandie Newton (ALT. Millie Bobby Brown), Judith Light (ALT.Kate McKinnon)

You think Light will take down Mckinnon ? you dont think love for he being Hilary will carry her to a win ?

I posted my reasoning in another post. I quoted it below:

I have Light over Chlumpsky and McKinnon bacause:

A) Chlumsky did nothing this season and couldn’t win when she had amazing material. She could win on love for Veep but I’m not buying it.

B) Light only has one person to overcome vote splitting, McKinnon has 2.

C) Hahn’s nomination and Hoffman’s shows me that the voters watched this season. That means, at least to me, that they watched Light’s performance. Light OWNED season 3. I don’t know anybody that would vote for Hahn over Light. A lot of people would place Hahn as the runner up but not over Light. So even if Bayer and Jones don’t take votes from McKinnon, I don’t think Hahn takes votes from Light. So if its a head to head race between the two, I think Light barely wins.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile photo of Andrew DAndrew D
    Participant
    Topics:

C) Hahn’s nomination and Hoffman’s shows me that the voters watched this season. That means, at least to me, that they watched Light’s performance. Light OWNED season 3. I don’t know anybody that would vote for Hahn over Light. A lot of people would place Hahn as the runner up but not over Light. So even if Bayer and Jones don’t take votes from McKinnon, I don’t think Hahn takes votes from Light. So if its a head to head race between the two, I think Light barely wins.

OK

that makes sense to me concerning the SNL girls and Anna ( who i dont think was that funny this year … or any year i guess )

But i disagree with Hahn … i think she was wayyyy better than Light ( for me ). Ive never been a big fan of Lights character and i think she is not likable , whereas Hahn is amazing to me and has the best episode of the whole season … idk just some of my thoughts.

“So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.”
    ― F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

ReplyCopy URL
    Participant
    Topics:

Still so shocked by this category … I cant believe three snl girls got in…

“So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.”

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile photo of pulp50pulp50
    Participant
    Topics:

Unfortunately for some crazy reason I’ll never understand there seems to be a lot of people who just get irritated by Light’s performance and character, and I think most people saw Hahn as a standout this season, and I don’t think anyone disliked her. Light is more divisive, she’s someone people seem to love or hate. I highly doubt she can overcome vote splitting.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile photo of Freddy AlmonteLord Freddy Blackfyre
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t want to look like an a**hole for saying this but would have CM being a contender if not for the weight factor?…what is so great about her acting skills?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile photo of pulp50pulp50
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t want to look like an a**hole for saying this but would have CM being a contender if not for the weight factor?…what is so great about her acting skills?

No, she wouldn’t. Her acting is very average, people just like that there’s an overweight main character on tv. What annoys me most is the character is so one dimensional, everything is about her weight, but I suppose that’s the part that appeals to voters.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile photo of EmmyfanEmmyfan
    Participant
    Topics:

Supporting Actress in a Comedy is every disappointing. Jennifer Lewis from Black-ish deserves to be nominated and should have been nominated.

ReplyCopy URL
    Participant
    Topics:

Supporting Actress in a Comedy is every disappointing. Jennifer Lewis from Black-ish deserves to be nominated and should have been nominated.

yea she should have because she actually makes you laugh every time she is on the screen i think screen time per laughs she has the best ratio.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile photo of Keithkeithw
    Participant
    Topics:

I personally never feel that Leslie Jones is acting per say. I feel it is just Leslie Jones doing her thing. She does make me laugh though!

ReplyCopy URL
    Participant
    Topics:

I personally never feel that Leslie Jones is acting per say. I feel it is just Leslie Jones doing her thing. She does make me laugh though!

she does make me laugh also , i really love her

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile photo of Andrew CardenAndrew Carden
    Participant
    Topics:

Carol Kane wuz robbed!!!

OSCAR FLASHBACK: 20 Years of Streep (2016) – Florence Foster Jenkins

ReplyCopy URL
    Participant
    Topics:

Carol Kane wuz robbed!!!

OSCAR FLASHBACK: 20 Years of Streep (2016) – Florence Foster Jenkins

I love her but i think Jane is more consistently funny in that show

If i had to make my own nominations they would be

Jane -uks
    Jennifer – Blackish
    Julie – Modern Family
    Andrea Martin – Difficult People
    Carol -UKS

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile photo of Madson MeloMadson Melo
    Participant
    Topics:

I, for certain, believe people are underestimating Chlumsky based on vote split alone.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile photo of Miles AllenMiles Allen
    Participant
    Topics:

I just finished The Handmaid’s Tale and it’s a shame that the Academy nominated Ann Dowd and Samira Wiley over superior performances by Yvonne Strahovski and Madeline Brewer.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile photo of bossboss
    Participant
    Topics:

Samira Wiley should have only gone with Orange is the New Black. She used The Handmaid’s Tale buzz to get nominated for her brilliant performance in OITNB.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
Reply To: Best Supporting Actress Emmy Nominations 2017

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.