Home Forums Television Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series, 2009

Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series, 2009

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
Created
4 years ago
Last Reply
4 years ago
replies
views
users
Bill Buchanan
Madson Melo
Atypical
  • Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)
    Participant
    Topics:

Cherry Jones won the Emmy, but did she really have the best tape and/or season to win?

dsps84
    Participant
    Topics:

That Emmy belonged to Rose Byrne. It’s a shame she never won for this role, and it’s an even bigger shame she had the worst submisssion ever the following year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Drea
    Participant
    Topics:

She was a rightful winner, no matter the fact that I wanted my Rosie to win.

Did anyone remember where January Jones confirmed her placement that year, lead or supporting? Cause I’m stunned that she was putting under supporting for the first season.

ReplyCopy URL
    Choice Chayawat
    Participant
    Topics:

January Jones was submitted as a lead actress in 2009 for her work on season 2.

If Cherry Jones hadn’t won that year, I believe she would not have withdrawn herself from the race the following year and could have ended up winning anyway. Sharon Gless could have been snubbed in favor of her in 2010. And Archie Panjabi would be Emmy-less.

ReplyCopy URL
    Emmyfan
    Participant
    Topics:

January Jones was submitted as a lead actress in 2009 for her work on season 2.

If Cherry Jones hadn’t won that year, I believe she would not have withdrawn herself from the race the following year and could have ended up winning anyway. Sharon Gless could have been snubbed in favor of her in 2010. And Archie Panjabi would be Emmy-less.

I thought that there was some confusion from Cherry Jones’ camp in 2010 that resulted in paperwork not being submitted.  If Cherry Jones had submitted in 2010, then she definitely had the tapes to blow away all of the nominees that year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Bill Buchanan
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m still baffled as to why Jones didn’t submit in Season 8. She had such terrific tapes that year.

24 was reborn in Season 7 in part due to two new characters: Annie Wersching as Renee Walker and Cherry Jones as Allison Taylor. Jones was great throughout the season and in the finale. I know that the day before the emmy noms were announced a lot of people were predicting Jones and had Wersching at 7.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Participant
    Topics:

Cherry Jones winning for the final season would have been one of the biggest locks ever.  Boomer confirmed that she did not submit because she had already won.

ReplyCopy URL
    Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)
    Participant
    Topics:

Ah, the Terry O’Quinn Effect.

ReplyCopy URL
    Bill Buchanan
    Participant
    Topics:

Cherry Jones winning for the final season would have been one of the biggest locks ever.  Boomer confirmed that she did not submit because she had already won.

That’s… amazing…

I mean, she had the perfect story arc and she performed it so well! An idealist president whose downfall and corruption stem from her very own ideals. President Taylor just could not let go of that peace she’d worked so hard for.

Yeah, Jones, Sutherland, Itzin and the writers brought their A-Game to those last 8 episodes.

ReplyCopy URL
    Alijah Purdy
    Participant
    Topics:

I remember how shocked and upset people were that Cherry Jones didn’t submit the year after she won. But I did have a lot of respect for her for doing that. She proved that she is one of those rare actors that just love to act, and don’t care if they get rewarded or not.

ReplyCopy URL
    jja91
    Participant
    Topics:

Personally, I thought that Alison Pill should have won that year for her phenomenal work in “In Treatment”. Sadly, she wasn’t nominated that year. April: Week 4 was one of the most stunning performances I saw on television, ever.

ReplyCopy URL
    Andrew Eng
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m still baffled as to why Jones didn’t submit in Season 8. She had such terrific tapes that year.

24 was reborn in Season 7 in part due to two new characters: Annie Wersching as Renee Walker and Cherry Jones as Allison Taylor. Jones was great throughout the season and in the finale. I know that the day before the emmy noms were announced a lot of people were predicting Jones and had Wersching at 7.

I agree, Jones and Wersching were fantastic, and the best new additions to the series since Gregory Itzin and Jean Smart. I had Wersching in my #1 spot in my personal picks, but Jones was either #3 or #4. Since Wersching didn’t get in, I was fully behind Jones winning. She had both the tape (the finale is excellent, and how the heartbreaking decision affects President Taylor is so wonderfully acted by Jones) and the season to justify the win.  

ReplyCopy URL
    Madson Melo
    Participant
    Topics:

I have Jones in #2 for season-long performance and #3 for tape submission.

Rose Byrne should had won that Emmy, she had an AMAZING tape and a great season-long performance. Hope Davis was great in In Treatment and she was my #2 for her submission alone.

I think both of the Grey’s ladies were in their lows and already dated with subpar material and performance, I rank them in fourth and fifth without even care about their order.

1. Rose Byrne, Damages
    2. Hope Davis, In Treatment
    3. Cherry Jones, 24
    4. Dianne Wiest, In Treatment (much better season and tape than in her previous year, when she won)
    5. Sandra Oh, Grey’s Anatomy
    6. Chandra Wilson, Grey’s Anatomy

ReplyCopy URL
    Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

That Emmy win belonged to Alison Pill.

ReplyCopy URL
    24Emmy
    Participant
    Topics:

24 finally won its much deserved supporting actor/actress Emmy.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
Reply To: Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series, 2009

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.