Home Forums Television Best TV of the decade: Halfway mark (2010-2015)

Best TV of the decade: Halfway mark (2010-2015)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
replies
views
users
  • Daniel Montgomery
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s tough considering the best of TV in terms of the decade because there are some shows that sit right on the decade line with some material before and some material after the cutoff, but even with that in mind, what are your favorite programs since 2010 when you lump together comedy, drama, variety, movies, miniseries, etc.?

For me, “Breaking Bad” is king and I can’t imagine another show will unseat it as the decade’s best — then again, I didn’t expect “Breaking Bad” to become what it did either, so who knows?

Actually, “Rectify” already comes close to that line, and the soon-to-have-been-short-lived “Hannibal” peels back my eyeballs with wonder every week.

Among comedies, I think “Louie” and “Community” both revolutionized the situation comedy form  in ways that have consistently blown my mind. Both are all-time greats, I think.

It’s a little early to tell about “Last Week Tonight,” but among recent variety shows, I think that has the most legacy potential. For that matter, “Key & Peele” and “Inside Amy Schumer” might have that potential too, though I think those shows will be remembered more for introducing the world to those great talents, who will all likely do even bigger and better things.

Jury’s still out on relatively young shows like “The Americans” and “Masters of Sex.” I love them now, but so much depends on how long they run and whether they stick their landings.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.