Home Forums Television Comedy Supporting Actress 2017

Comedy Supporting Actress 2017

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 87 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
Comedy Supporting Actress 2017
Julie Bowen comes back after being dropped last year.
Jane Krakowski comes back after being dropped last year.
Mayim Bialik comes back after being dropped last year.
The open slots are filled by new contenders.
  • Riley
    Participant
    Topics:

Anna Chlumsky, Veep
    Nominated 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
    Snubbed 2012

Gaby Hoffmann, Transparent
    Nominated 2015, 2016

Judith Light, Transparent
    Nominated 2016
    Snubbed 2015

Kate McKinnon, Saturday Night Live
    Won 2016
    Nominated 2014, 2015
    Snubbed 2012, 2013

Sofia Vergara (Modern Family) is the only other past nominee still eligible other than those listed above or in the poll. All other past nominees’ shows have ended or the nominees have switched categories.

• This topic was modified 6 months ago by  Riley.
    IEnjoyTV
    Participant
    Topics:

Janney? Did she switch to Lead?

WOW, she did. Just saw that.

• This reply was modified 6 months ago by  IEnjoyTV.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Andrew Carden
    Participant
    Topics:

Carol Kane! 🙂

OSCAR FLASHBACK: 20 Years of Streep (1988) – A Cry in the Dark

ReplyCopy URL
    boss
    Participant
    Topics:

What do you think of Kathryn Hahn’s chance for Transparent? It was the first season she had her own storyline, and appeared in all of the episodes.

ReplyCopy URL
    pulp50
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m guessing Krakowski comes back, and probably Rita Moreno will take the last spot. Hoffmann could still potentially be dropped. I think Bowen could make a comeback but I think Bialik is done. There aren’t many new contenders besides Moreno that I think are big threats to be nominated. Maybe Andrea Martin if anyone watches Great News.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

1) Judith Light

2) Kate McKinnon

3) Anna Chlumpsky

4)Jennifer Lewis

5)Kathryn Hahn

6) I am debating  between Moreno and Krakowski but I will go with Krakowski for now

Alternate: Rita Moreno ms Gabby Hoffman

In a perfect world: Allison Williams, Yvonne Orji and Donna Lynne Chanplin

watch out for: Zazie Beets

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Participant
    Topics:

Everybody is predicting Jane Krakowski to come back and the sparseness of the category makes it hard not to, but I am hesitant. I certainly do not agree with her ranking ahead of Gaby Hoffmann. Why was Krakowski snubbed last year? Her show added a lead nomination and she would go on to win Critics’ Choice for the same season.

What makes Krakowski even more likely than Mayim Bialik or Julie Bowen? They were dropped at the same time as Krakowski, they have better track records in this category and their shows got SAG ensemble nominations. Getting nominated for a first season, then never again is not that unusual (Betty White, Max Greenfield, Kelly Macdonald, Michelle Forbes). The list of people who got snubbed for the second season, then brought back for the the third pretty much begins and ends with Jon Voight. Two things brought Voight back. One was Ray Donovan rising at the Emmys; Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt is falling. The other is the ballot change in which half of voters got theirs reverse-alphabetically, which does not help Krakowski. Something that further complicates matters is that we do not even know if Krakowski was in the top six when she was nominated because there were eight nominees. Krakowski being in the top six for the first time for the third season of a show that the Emmys only kind of like is a weird proposition.

ReplyCopy URL
    IEnjoyTV
    Participant
    Topics:

-Krakowski has recent history of being snubbed and then returning the following year, so wouldn’t be surprised to see her back.

-Modern Family is having a pretty rough season, I don’t see how Bowen comes back.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

I’m starting to think Allison Williams could really suprise. She has a final season bump of a great season tht they are at least familiar with, she had a great season, and she has a lot of buzz from Get Out which might (I said might I didn’t say it will) turn into awards buzz depending on the strength of Get Out later in the year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Participant
    Topics:

Krakowski was only brought back previously for a final season, which brings with it a marked increase in buzz and nostalgia. I am not even sure if Emmy voters will have time to watch this season of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt.

I do have her in sixth at this point. I might go back to Molly Shannon. I thought that she made sense because she has goodwill, is a recent nominee for a niche HBO comedy and you would think that the new ones would get something, but I have heard that she did not have much to do. I have only seen the pilot; I should go back and finish Divorce to assess things better. (Note that I do not consider Sarah Jessica Parker a factor.)

ReplyCopy URL
    Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

Prayer circles for Sherri Shepherd, Yvonne Orji, and Allison Williams!

Most likely Jane Krakowski returns if “UKS” wows this season. But someone has to get Niecy Nash’s slot as well as La Janney’s.

Moreno and Lewis aren’t getting in. Bialik seems to be done. Vergara is already done. Double nods for the “Transparent” ladies, McKinnon, Chlumsky, and … Bowen??? That doesn’t seem right to me. “Modern Family” needs to be cancelled already. I think we’re getting some new nominees this year!

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

I agree with atypical for the most part about the new set of nominees. I think we will get some real suprises as none of the nominees seem like essential staples to the category. I disagree with him about Moreno and Lewis though.

ReplyCopy URL
    boss
    Participant
    Topics:

I am pretty sure we will have many surprises this year. Such as:
    Yvonne Orji, Carol Kane, Amy Landecker, Kathryn Hahn, Andrea Martin, Allison Williams, Jenifer Lewis, Olivia Colman.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

In a perfect world Mikey Madison would get a nomination for her astonishing work in Better Things, specifically in the episode “Future Fever”.

My personal line up (of what has aired so no UKS ladies) in no particular order would be:

Mikey Madison

Yvonne Orji

Judith Light

Rita Moreno

Alison williams

Kether Donoghue

Jennifer Lewis

Donna Lynne Chanplin

Kathryn Hahn

yes, I know my lineup is super long but this category is stacked with great performances that will go ignored. It’s a shame really because this category has some of the best contenders but they will probably be ignored.

Also, even though it isn’t eligible, Shola Adewusi gives On of the best performances of the year in Chewing Gum, it’s a shame it can’t compete.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Participant
    Topics:

I would have said a year ago that Leslie Jones would easily slide in, but she has seemingly had no part in the politics-based resurgence of Saturday Night Live, so the timing seems off.

One Day at a Time is not a thing.

There is a chance that one of the Girls gets in, as there is a history of people finally getting in for final seasons (Laurie Metcalf, Kristin Davis, Matthew Fox and so on), but I think that it hurts that they were overshadowed by Adam Driver.

I would not be too surprised if one or both of the Transparent actresses were dropped. Serialized dramedies never last long at the Emmys. And nominations can come out of nowhere. Niecy Nash defied logic. FYC: character actress Kristen Schaal

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 87 total)
Reply To: Comedy Supporting Actress 2017

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.