Home Forums Television Creative Arts Emmys 2017: Predict Now in 24 Categories

Creative Arts Emmys 2017: Predict Now in 24 Categories

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
Teridax
The Cool Guy
wilfredpickles
  • Chris Beachum
    Keymaster
    Topics:

For the first time ever, Gold Derby is now offering you the chance to predict the Creative Arts Emmys as a separate event! The two ceremonies for 2017 will be held in downtown Los Angeles on September 9 and 10. You can pick the winners for 24 categories now in our predictions center.

If you had already chosen such categories as guest acting, variety special, special class program, and reality host in the Primetime predictions event, those are no longer there. Simply jump into our new predictions event titled Creative Arts Emmys 2017 and make your picks there.

Here are the 24 categories available in the new Creative Arts event:

Drama Guest Actress
    Drama Guest Actor
    Comedy Guest Actress
    Comedy Guest Actor
    Reality Host
    Variety Special
    Variety Special Directing
    Variety Special Writing
    Special Class Program
    Animated Program
    Short-Form Animated Program
    Voice-Over Performance
    Narrator
    Structured Reality Program
    Unstructured Reality Program
    Documentary Series
    Documentary Special
    Documentary Filmmaking
    Informational Series or Special
    Main Title Design
    Music for Series
    Music for Limited Series
    Main Title Theme Music
    Music and Lyrics

Of course, you can continue to make or change your winner picks for the 69th annual Primetime Emmys in our ongoing event in the predictions center. All 27 categories to be presented on the live ceremony slated for CBS and hosted by Stephen Colbert on September 17 are available.

Andrew Carden
    Participant
    Topics:

Very cool!

Coming soon to The Awards Connection…NICHOLSON AT THE OSCARS!

ReplyCopy URL
    Alex Meyer
    Participant
    Topics:

This shall be interesting because in some of these categories, I have no idea who’s the frontrunner!!

ReplyCopy URL
    jacob121
    Participant
    Topics:

Great! I’ve been wanting to officially predict some of these on here for years.

ReplyCopy URL
    Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

I placed my Super Bets on Main Title Design (American Gods) and Short-Form Animated Program (Steven Universe). Looking at the past couple winners of Main Title Design, they are generally shows like Manhattan, Da Vinci’s Demons, Great Expectations, Bored To Death, and The Man In The High Castle with little to no support from a ton of other branches. American Gods feels like that kind of a show, the apple-in-a-bag-of-oranges type of winner that this category seems to historically favor.

ReplyCopy URL
    Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

Great! I’ve been wanting to officially predict some of these on here for years.

Having nothing to do with the topic of this thread, I freaking LOVE your Riz Ahmed profile picture. It looks super cool. 🙂

ReplyCopy URL
    jacob121
    Participant
    Topics:

I placed my Super Bets on Main Title Design (American Gods)

This was far and away the best title sequence of the year in my opinion but I think that voters may be swayed by the Saul Bass throwback of Feud. Personally, I felt that the Feud credits were a bit too long and I didn’t care for the music. They were certainly stylish but didn’t seem especially unique or innovative and, more importantly for me, they didn’t accurately reflect the show that they were introducing in tone, unlike American Gods.

Strange that The Crown was nominated for its title sequence but not its title music which is the best part about the opening.

The Stranger Things intro has become very iconic in a short amount of time so I wonder if that coupled with the show’s popularity overall will help pull it through even though, in truth, the sequence, though effective, is fairly simple.

ReplyCopy URL
    Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

I placed my Super Bets on Main Title Design (American Gods)

This was far and away the best title sequence of the year in my opinion but I think that voters may be swayed by the Saul Bass throwback of Feud. Personally, I felt that the Feud credits were a bit too long and I didn’t care for the music. They were certainly stylish but didn’t seem especially unique or innovative and, more importantly for me, they didn’t accurately reflect the show that they were introducing in tone, unlike American Gods.

Strange that The Crown was nominated for its title sequence but not its title music which is the best part about the opening.

The Stranger Things intro has become very iconic in a short amount of time so I wonder if that coupled with the show’s popularity overall will help pull it through even though, in truth, the sequence, though effective, is fairly simple.

No Ryan Murphy show has ever won Title Design, and I doubt Feud will be the first, because like you said, it does go on a bit too long, the music isn’t that great, and I don’t think it is detailed or unique enough of an achievement to win over the voters. Plus, American Gods is exactly the kind of oddball choice that the Emmys don’t love overall that has a history of victory in this one specific category.

ReplyCopy URL
    pulp50
    Participant
    Topics:

When nominated, the shows the emmys like overall tend to win main title design. Six feet under, game of thrones, true detective, mad men

ReplyCopy URL
    Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

When nominated, the shows the emmys like overall tend to win main title design. Six feet under, game of thrones, true detective, mad men

Those are exceptions to the rule of the odd show out winning title design, though NOT the rule itself.

ReplyCopy URL
    pulp50
    Participant
    Topics:

Those are exceptions to the rule of the odd show out winning title design, though NOT the rule itself.

It’s not though, because usually most or all the nominees are something like American Gods. If a more popular show is nominated, it usually wins.

ReplyCopy URL
    Lord Freddy Blackfyre
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t even remember the title intro of American Gods. This should be between The Crown and Westworld

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

Anne With an E should be winning title design by a mile. Unfortunately it was completely snubbed.

ReplyCopy URL
    pulp50
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t even remember the title intro of American Gods. This should be between The Crown and Westworld

It’s the one that needed a warning for people with seizures.

ReplyCopy URL
    Alex Meyer
    Participant
    Topics:

One thing that surprises me is that we’re not allowed to predict the 4 casting categories. I wonder why that is the case.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)
Reply To: Creative Arts Emmys 2017: Predict Now in 24 Categories

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.