October 13, 2014 at 10:57 pm #336141
What are some current popular shows that never won a single Emmy?
Shows like “It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia” and “The Middle” come to mind, but what are some others?
Thanks, guys and gals!October 13, 2014 at 11:32 pm #336143
Cougar Town, Parenthood, Shameless, Suits, and The Vampire DiariesOctober 14, 2014 at 12:02 am #336144
October 14, 2014 at 12:19 am #336145
- American Dad has never won a single Emmy, despite being the best both times it was nominated for Outstanding Animated Programme and having a loyal fanbase
- New Girl (zero wins out of five nominations, all coming in its first season, despite being one of the most popular shows on Fox right now)
- The Mindy Project (hasn’t even been nominated for an Emmy)
- Sons of Anarchy (zero out of two nominations, both being Creative Arts awards)
- Parks and Recreation (zero out of twelve nominations)
- Dr. Who (despite being iconic and part of pop culture, it hasn’t even been nominated at the Emmys. Although I’m not sure if it is eligible)
- Hannibal (zero nominations)
Wow, some of those are SHOCKING!October 14, 2014 at 12:34 am #336146
NCIS has been pretty huge commercially, yet was never really that well-received with the Emmys outside of three noms (one for Guest Actor Charles Durning, two for Stunt Coordination).
Archer has still never won, even though it regularly sweeps the GoldDerby and Critics Awards (to the point that I think people are starting to name-check it a bit. Where’s the love for Adventure Time and the now Emmy-winning Bob’s Burgers, guys?).
The Americans has a measly three nominations over 2 seasons (one for Main Title Theme Music, and two for Margo Martindale).October 14, 2014 at 4:09 am #336147
I do not think that it has been eligible at the Primetime Emmys, but Doctor Who has also had a really poor run at the International Emmys, only being nominated for Interactive Service in 2008 and the commemorative special An Adventure in Space and Time up for movie this year.October 14, 2014 at 5:08 am #336148
The biggest one for me is Community. Brilliant show for 5 seasons, 2 nominations and zero wins.
Come participate in this year's Goldderby Rankings! http://www.goldderby.com/forum/movies/2017-goldderby-rankings/October 14, 2014 at 5:12 am #336149
It won Outstanding Individual Achievement in Animation, so it does have an Emmy, albeit a non-competitive one.October 14, 2014 at 5:14 am #336150
This is a crime
Give Paul Thomas Anderson an Oscar.October 14, 2014 at 6:36 am #336151
Weren’t thet nominated for stunts or something last year?
The Mindy Project
Bates MotelOctober 14, 2014 at 6:49 am #336152
Yes, as was Shameless.October 14, 2014 at 8:32 am #336153
Just some more that weren’t mentioned before:
CSI (I might be wrong on this one though)
October 14, 2014 at 8:37 am #336154
The original CSI has won cinematography (twice), makeup, sound editing, sound mixing and visual effects.October 14, 2014 at 8:38 am #336155
The original CSI has won cinematography (twice), makeup, sound editing, sound mixing and visual effects.
Wow. Didn’t know that. Good for them. I am guessing this was before Fishbourne took over as lead.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.