DRAMA: 2017 Emmy Nominations Reactions

Home // Forums // Television // DRAMA: 2017 Emmy Nominations Reactions

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 369 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
  • Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

If God does exist, The Leftovers will be completely shut out, The Americans will be snubbed for Drama Series, Drama Lead Actor (Matthew Rhys), and Drama Lead Actress (Keri Russell), and (even though it isn’t a Drama Series) Full Frontal with Samantha Bee will also be completely shut out of every category. Time to put my Atheism to the test! 🙂

ReplyCopy URL
    Bradley Weir
    Participant
    Topics:

So much I loved this year. Hoping The Americans, Better Call Saul, The Crown, Stranger Things, This is Us & Westworld all make up 6/7 of the drama nominees.

ReplyCopy URL
    komal
    Participant
    Topics:

I would love for Legion to be nominated…

ReplyCopy URL
    kancov
    Participant
    Topics:

So close to the nominations, I’m thinking it’s going to be wild. I have a feeling we’ll see more than a few surprises.

Personally, I would love to see The Leftovers, Theroux, Coon and Dowd, also Anthony Hopkins, Phoebe Waller-Bridge, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Rachel Bloom, Timothy Simons…

And why we underestimate The Americans? Last year it had Series, Actor and Actress + Writing + Guest and it should almost easily have those again, except Guest, which might become Supporting. This year they had Alison Wright in Guest, which is possible. I predicted it for Directing, but now I’m skeptical, but it might still be at #6. And I’m thinking it can get some love at the Creative Arts.

ReplyCopy URL
    Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

So close to the nominations, I’m thinking it’s going to be wild. I have a feeling we’ll see more than a few surprises.

Personally, I would love to see The Leftovers, Theroux, Coon and Dowd, also Anthony Hopkins, Phoebe Waller-Bridge, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Rachel Bloom, Timothy Simons…

And why we underestimate The Americans? Last year it had Series, Actor and Actress + Writing + Guest and it should almost easily have those again, except Guest, which might become Supporting. This year they had Alison Wright in Guest, which is possible. I predicted it for Directing, but now I’m skeptical, but it might still be at #6. And I’m thinking it can get some love at the Creative Arts.

I think we overestimate The Americans. I have Alison Wright getting in Drama Guest Actress and that’s it. The Emmys have never genuinely loved this show, and only nominated it last year for one of its most acclaimed seasons (that would later win the WGA for Drama Series Writing). This season, I think the show is really vulnerable and the competition is too tough. I am going out on a HUGE limb and predicting Ray Donovan to be nominated instead, although I would not be very surprised (I would be extremely disappointed though) to see House of Cards take that 7th slot.

ReplyCopy URL
    Chris
    Participant
    Topics:

This time of the year is not good for my anxiety. I’ve been up all night! I’m pulling hard for underdogs like Pamela Adlon, Yvonne Strahovski, Adina Porter and Timothy Simons. And I’m gonna be a mad mother fucker if Robin Wright is somehow snubbed.

ReplyCopy URL
    Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

I took out Matthew Rhys and Keri Russell last night and replaced them with SAG nominee Kevin Spacey and Globe nominee Mandy Moore respectively. I also took The Americans out of Drama Series and replaced it with Ray Donovan, in what I personally consider my ultimate “No guts, no glory” prediction.

ReplyCopy URL
    Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s on Facebook Live? Why do I see pressed Trumpies again? They look old and ugly. Can’t they die off already?

ReplyCopy URL
    Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

I have to seriously watch this on Facebook? Incredibly false advertising.

ReplyCopy URL
    Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s not working for me.

ReplyCopy URL
    jf123
    Participant
    Topics:

Am I the only one who is having trouble with it playing on Facebook Live?

ReplyCopy URL
    LegendOfMatt
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m watching on Rolling Stone

ReplyCopy URL
    TVFan365
    Participant
    Topics:

Am I the only one who is having trouble with it playing on Facebook Live?

No, you’re not.

ReplyCopy URL
    Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m watching on Rolling Stone

SAME!

ReplyCopy URL
    AayaanUpadhyaya
    Participant
    Topics:

HERE WE GO.

FIRST SHOCKER ALREADY – Anthony HOPKINS. MILO VENTIMILIA OMGG
    NO RAMI MALEK

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 369 total)
Reply To: DRAMA: 2017 Emmy Nominations Reactions

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.