Home Forums Television Emmy Awards 2018 Nominations (Predictions Center Now Open)

Emmy Awards 2018 Nominations (Predictions Center Now Open)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 501 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +13 hidden )
replies
views
users
Stegeo
Riley
Hunter-ish
  • Turd Ferguson
    Participant
    Topics:

I think there’s too much faith in Will and Grace and SNL. There seems to be no buzz for W&G and most people agree this is a down year for SNL so I doubt so many new acting nominees hapoening.

Andrew Carden
    Participant
    Topics:

My hunch is Hayes and Mullally are the lone major noms for Will & Grace.

COMING SOON to The Awards Connection: The 100 Greatest Oscar-Nominated Performances

Anonymous
    Topics:

Hopefully Netflix is smart enough to push Sigourney Weaver for The Defenders given the weak competition this year. Maybe, because it is impossible in drama, Krysten Ritter also receives a nomination. Voters usually acknowledge visibility. I’m aware that these are longshots but still.

When it comes to campaigning Netflix is the worst. They don’t know how to play it hard. There’s no tape system anymore so they could take a note from Harvey Weinstein’s book. Remember what he did for Meryl and The Iron Lady? They could the same for Claire Foy and The Crown. Remind voters over and over again this is her last chance to win an Emmy for that performance. It’s all about buzz and campaigning so play it dirty. But they’re too stupid for that. That’s why they can’t win shit.

As for Weaver she could be an easy nomination if they campaigned just for her. Send them screeners with her face all over it and there, you have your miniseries acting nomination. But once again, Netflix doesn’t know how to play the game.

AwardsBait3818
    Participant
    Topics:

I think there’s too much faith in Will and Grace and SNL. There seems to be no buzz for W&G and most people agree this is a down year for SNL so I doubt so many new acting nominees hapoening.

Will and Grace is hard to evaluate, the Emmys always loved it, it’s received pretty strong reviews and ratings, but the majority of precursors passed on it. I think it has enough industry goodwill to get in for series, McCormack, Hayes, and Mullally, though NBC will probably need to campaign fairly heavily. On it’s worst day, Hayes is the lone nominee.

As for SNL it’s definitely a down season, but supporting actor is pretty barren this year, no one outside of Hayes and Marc Maron are assured a spot, no one cares about Modern Family, Baskets is quickly fading, and Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt is more or less a non factor at this point, so I gotta think that Ty Burrell, Louie Anderson, and Titus Burgess could all fall. Anderson is still a recent winner, so I think he can hang on another year, but Burrell and Anderson were both dropped by SAG, so I think they’re done. With the lack of competition, I think Beck Bennett probably gets in just because he plays Mike Pence, and the political factor is what the Emmys love so much about SNL. Supporting Actress is pretty light as well, Kate McKinnon and Leslie Jones easily come back, and with Vanessa Bayer, Anna Chlumsky, and Kathryn Hahn all ineligible, and Judith Light unlikely due to the Tambor factor, there’s a lot of open room. Betty Gilpin is constantly cited as the standout of GLOW, so she’s likely safe. Megan Mullally is reprising an iconic charcter, so likely safe as well. Alex Borstein is probably in thanks to Rachel Brosnahan’s front runner status, but that didn’t work for Brian Tyree Henry last year, so she’s no lock. Cecily Strong and Aidy Bryant both have political impressions, so they could both factor, though I only have Strong actually nominated. If the Roseanne revival does well, I’ll probably predict Laurie Metcalf over Borstein or Strong, but otherwise it’s hard to come up with contenders. I’d predict Jennifer Lewis, but they passed last year when black-ish had more buzz. If anyone cared about their shows, I’d predict Mayim Bialik, Julie Bowen, or Jane Krakowski, but clearly the Emmys don’t. Rita Moreno is possibly if Netflix could figure out campaigning in time, which, seems unlikely. Tiffany Haddish could factor if she submits here and her show’s a hit, but like Metcalf I feel like I need to wait and see. Is there anyone else I missed?

TVFan365
    Participant
    Topics:

Do you guys think Modern Family is done?

Hunter-ish
    Participant
    Topics:

Yes.

Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

I still have it at #7.

(fka kancov)

Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

Ron Cephas Jones is listed for seven episodes on IMDB and the season has 18 episodes. That makes him qualified for guest, but he is in supporting in the predictions center. He is also in the credits of every episode, even though he doesn’t appear. Does that affect his category placement?

(fka kancov)

Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Ron Cephas Jones is listed for seven episodes on IMDB and the season has 18 episodes. That makes him qualified for guest, but he is in supporting in the predictions center. He is also in the credits of every episode, even though he doesn’t appear. Does that affect his category placement?

I think if he appears in one more episode, he won’t be able to submit as guest. I don’t know about the “credit only” issue though.

Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

I think if he appears in one more episode, he won’t be able to submit as guest. I don’t know about the “credit only” issue though.

Those seven episodes include this week’s episode and the finale next week.

(fka kancov)

Guest2014
    Participant
    Topics:

We can only hope.

MultipleOscarWinner
    Participant
    Topics:

Hoping neither SNL, Will & Grace nor Modern Family happen. They’re beyond generous with these shows.

Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Modern Family being both an Emmy favorite and on its penultimate season is going to help it get that last spot for Comedy Series.

Turd Ferguson
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Modern Family being both an Emmy favorite and on its penultimate season is going to help it get that last spot for Comedy Series.

It has a better chance than Will & Grace.

Hunter-ish
    Participant
    Topics:

It has a better chance than Will & Grace.

A show with no globe or major guild nominations has a better chance than a show with 2 globe nominations, a WGA win, and a SAG nomination? Okay.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘Emmy Awards 2018 Nominations (Predictions Center Now Open)’ is closed to new replies.