Home Forums Television Emmys 2017: Outstanding Music Supervision

Emmys 2017: Outstanding Music Supervision

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
replies
views
users
jacob121
wilfredpickles
Hunter-ish
  • Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Who do you think deserves the Emmy for Oustanding Music Supervision?

• Big Little Lies
    • Better Call Saul
    • Girls
    • Master of None
    • Stranger Things
    Anonymous
    Topics:

This will probably go to Stranger Things by a landslide but I’d watch out for Girls

ReplyCopy URL
    jacob121
    Participant
    Topics:

This will probably go to Stranger Things by a landslide but I’d watch out for Girls

Really? I expect BLL is out front by a good bit.

ReplyCopy URL
    Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

Big Little Lies will win this category, though most other years it would have been Girls.

ReplyCopy URL
    wilfredpickles
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m still shocked Atlanta didn’t make it in here (especially since I believe Donald Glover himself was one of their music supervisors).

Without it, I think the 3 most likely are split between genre: BLL in first, Master of None in second, and Stranger Things in third.

I’d need to re-watch BLL to be sure since I can’t remember which episode they submitted. Stranger Things would win if it’s sweeping. Master of None would be my personal choice, other than Atlanta it was the only show I instantly thought would be nominated when this category was announced. They submitted very well.

Overall, I’m really happy this category exists. Decent choices for a first year

ReplyCopy URL
    sofan
    Participant
    Topics:

The Young Pope and Feud should’ve been here.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

Underground should be winning this by a landslide.

ReplyCopy URL
    Macca
    Participant
    Topics:

The Leftovers had a good chance, but Insecure was truly the best and it should be winning this.

ReplyCopy URL
    wilfredpickles
    Participant
    Topics:

Speaking of HBO, I’m slightly surprised Westworld couldn’t make the cut. Whether or not you thought the piano covers were deserving (I personally liked them), voters clearly loved the show.

Decided to double check the ballot for this category and yeah, Donald Glover was co-submitted for Atlanta, which makes its omission really odd. In retrospect, I’m also surprised Mozart in the Jungle missed.

The main question for me is how much this category is tied to the strength of a show overall, compared to how ‘musical’ it is, and how that will play out in years to come.

In addition to the examples I gave above (Westworld being a strong show, Mozart being a musical one, and Atlanta seemingly both), right now I’m also considering:

– On the Comedy side, Veep didn’t submit

– BLL got in ahead of all of its Series competitors that submitted (Genius didn’t)

– Same thing with Stranger Things and BCS (every Drama Series nominee submitted)

– If BCS managed to get in here, does that suggest it could win somewhere? It’s the most surprising nominee to me, and I’m very intrigued by what someone mentioned in another thread about how a show nominated for Series multiple times almost always wins something

ReplyCopy URL
    Reis
    Participant
    Topics:

I want BLL to win because they give me “River” and “Cold Little Heart”, two of my favorite musics. And they remember me the existence of Agnes (the final scenes with her music and Elvis music is terific choices of song).

ReplyCopy URL
    smurty11
    Participant
    Topics:

Honestly any of them besides Better Call Saul deserves to win.

It’s a toss up between Master of None and Big Little Lies for me.

ReplyCopy URL
    Courtney
    Participant
    Topics:

I’d be happy if Big Little Lies, Master of None, or Stranger Things won. I personally think 13 Reasons Why should have been nominated for “The Night We Met” alone.

ReplyCopy URL
    Hunter-ish
    Participant
    Topics:

I am not a fan of rap and hip hop or really music in general, but in my opinion, rap and hip-hop based shows should have dominated this category this year.In my opinion the lineup should have been any of the following: Big Little Lies, Stranger Things, Westworld, Pitch, Insecure, Luke Cage, Underground, The Leftovers, and Atlanta. I’d have gone with: The Leftovers, Westworld, Underground, Pitch, Luke Cage, and Big Little Lies.

ReplyCopy URL
    Hunter-ish
    Participant
    Topics:

I’ve finally started watching the sopranos and it’s such a shame this category is new because the sopranos would have dominated music supervision.

ReplyCopy URL
    Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

I’d need to re-watch BLL to be sure since I can’t remember which episode they submitted.

BLL submitted its series finale (You Get What You Need).

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
Reply To: Emmys 2017: Outstanding Music Supervision

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.