Home Forums Television Emmys 2018 – Best Lead and Supporting Actress Drama

Emmys 2018 – Best Lead and Supporting Actress Drama

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Stegeo
Hunter-ish
kancov
  • Luca Giliberti
    Participant
    Topics:

This is an absolute bloodbath this year, my predictions are:

Lead actress:
    Claire Foy (The Crown)
    Elisabeth Moss (THT)
    Kerri Russell (The Americans)
    Tatiana Maslany (Orphan Black)
    Evan Rachel Wood (Westworld)
    Viola Davis (HTGAWM)

And I don’t feel confident at all putting Viola though. I don’t think HoC will air before June, so Robin is probably ineligible. Emilia Clarke could go lead, so who knows. In my perfect world Mandy Moore would make it in.

Supporting Actress:
    Ann Dowd (THT)
    Lena Headey (GoT)
    Maisie Williams (GoT)
    Emilia Clarke (GoT)
    Thandie Newton (Westworld)
    Millie Bobbie Brown (ST)

I literally have no idea here. Ann Dowd is the only lock IMO. Millie is the most vulnerable of all. Chrissy could still make it in. If Emilia goes lead, then Sophie may make it in. Alexis Bledel, Yvonne Strahowski, Samira Wiley, and Madeleine Brewer are all possibilities for THT. Wow, what a category. And then there’s always Venessa Kirby for the Crown, who in a perfect world would be a lock.

Luca G.

Hunter-ish
    Participant
    Topics:

Elisabeth Moss
    Claire Foy
    Kerri Russel
    Robin Wright
    Laura Linney
    Evan Rachel Wood
    ALT. Tatiana Maslanay

Sterling K Brown
    Jason Bateman
    Milo Ventimiglia
    Liev Schrieber
    Matthew Rhys
    Tim Robbins
    ALT. Rami Malek

Ann Dowd
    Alexis Bledel
    Yvonne Strahovsky
    Lena Headey
    Thandie Newton
    Millie Bobby Brown
    ALT. Chrissy Metz

David Harbour
    Peter Dinklage
    Jefferey Wright
    Justin Hartley
    Kit Harrington
    Jason Mitchell
    ALT. Noah Schnapp

• This reply was modified 3 months, 4 weeks ago by  Hunter-ish.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Laura Linney

I hope she submits as supporting, cause she is supporting

ReplyCopy URL
    Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Ann Dowd
    Alexis Bledel
    Yvonne Strahovsky

Kit Harrington

ALT. Noah Schnapp

not happening

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

Claire Foy just has to win. I don’t want to see her joining Hugh Laurie, Steve Carrell, Martin Sheen, Michael C. Hall and others. She just doesn’t belong with them.

ReplyCopy URL
    kancov
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Tatiana Maslany and Ann Dowd could be very easily snubbed, but it’s way too early to tell. I also think This Is Us could lose last year’s buzz and not get new nominations (Moore, Hartley).

ReplyCopy URL
    Hunter-ish
    Participant
    Topics:

Ann Dowd
    Alexis Bledel
    Yvonne Strahovsky

Kit Harrington

ALT. Noah Schnapp

not happening

Ann Dowd and Alexis Bledel won Emmys for their roles, Yvonne Strahovsky is the most prominent supporting character on a show that is loved by the Emmys, Kit Harrington was previously nominated for this role on an Emmy favorite, and I said Noah Schnapp was an alternate. I didn’t say he was getting nominated. Even then, he was the consensus MVP of an Emmy favorite that has gotten 2 child actors nominated previously, one of them being a major surprise to many. So why aren’t they happening?

ReplyCopy URL
    Hunter-ish
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Tatiana Maslany and Ann Dowd could be very easily snubbed, but it’s way too early to tell. I also think This Is Us could lose last year’s buzz and not get new nominations (Moore, Hartley).

I would’ve agreed but it just won SAG. It has no support outside of the actors. I suspect it to do amazing with the acting branch and poorly everywhere else.

ReplyCopy URL
    Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Ann Dowd and Alexis Bledel won Emmys for their roles, Yvonne Strahovsky is the most prominent supporting character on a show that is loved by the Emmys, Kit Harrington was previously nominated for this role on an Emmy favorite, and I said Noah Schnapp was an alternate. I didn’t say he was getting nominated. Even then, he was the consensus MVP of an Emmy favorite that has gotten 2 child actors nominated previously, one of them being a major surprise to many. So why aren’t they happening?

Noah Schnapp has nothing going on that could get him nommed. I don’t doubt these actresses getting nominated, I just don’t see them all 3 getting nommed together. As of Kit Harington, he did nothing this season, he ain’t getting nominated, plus he might submit as lead.

ReplyCopy URL
    Hunter-ish
    Participant
    Topics:

Noah Schnapp has nothing that could get him nommed. I don’t doubt these actresses getting nominated, I just don’t see them all 3 getting nommed together. As of Kit Harington, he did nothing this season, he ain’t getting nominated, plus he might submit as lead.

Noah Schnapp is the most buzzed actor on his show at the moment. I’m not predicting him but it’s stupid to day he has no chance. Also, about Kit Harrington, stop thinking that performance matters. Michael Kelley has had only one season where he deserved his nomination. Harrington is on an Emmy favorite show and plays a fan favorite character. He’s getting nominated.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Participant
    Topics:

Claire Foy just has to win. I don’t want to see her joining Hugh Laurie, Steve Carrell, Martin Sheen, Michael C. Hall and others. She just doesn’t belong with them.

2 nominations ≠ 6 nominations

ReplyCopy URL
    Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Noah Schnapp is the most buzzed actor on his show at the moment. I’m not predicting him but it’s stupid to day he has no chance. Also, about Kit Harrington, stop thinking that performance matters. Michael Kelley has had only one season where he deserved his nomination. Harrington is on an Emmy favorite show and plays a fan favorite character. He’s getting nominated.

Schnapp had buzz when the show came out; David Harbour and Millie Bobby Brown are the ones who continue to have buzz and are 99% getting nommed this year as well.
    I don’t watch HoC but Emilia Clarke wasn’t nommed 3 years in a row, only 2, cuz she didn’t rly do anything in S4 and she was replaced by Headey. Well, I’m not saying he isn’t getting nommed, cuz he’s on a namecheck level atm, but I won’t be surprised if he gets snubbed. I feel like Clarke had more material this season (although she doesn’t handle it very well) and would be more possible to get nommed, if submits as supp

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

2 nominations ≠ 6 nominations

How is I, Tonya getting all those nominations and Margot Robbie being the one to dethrone Frances McDormand? Yeah, that’s what I thought. Bye Felicia.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Participant
    Topics:

Will & Grace
    Sally Hawkins
    Cameron Diaz

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

Will & Grace
    Sally Hawkins
    Cameron Diaz

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.