Home Forums Television Emmys biggest crime since 2000

Emmys biggest crime since 2000

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
replies
views
users
  • Matt Noble
    Keymaster
    Topics:

OK for me it has to be Martin Sheen never winning for West Wing. Great performace of heart, humour, hardships, passsion and nuance over 7 years.

Second for me is Steve Carell who was so funny but could so seamlessly switch to sentimental on the Office.

Shout out to Will Arnett for Arrested who was the funniest character on TV of all time.

What’s yoir biggest Emmy crime since 2000?

Lord Freddy Blackfyre
    Participant
    Topics:

The Sopranos winning only two time in Drama Series

ReplyCopy URL
    nkb325
    Participant
    Topics:

Steve Carell losing for Goodbye Michael to a SECOND win for Jim Parsons

Christina Hendricks losing for The Other Woman to Maggie Smith
     – SAME YEAR SAME FUCKING CATEGORY – Lena Headey not even getting nominated for season 2 of GoT FUCKIN BLACKWATER

Bellamy Young not even being nominated for the third season of Scandal 

ReplyCopy URL
    TerenceFletcher
    Participant
    Topics:

If Amy Poehler does not win this year then she will be my answer for playing Leslie Knope. Barring that, Steve Carell never winning and Nick Offerman never even getting nominated.

ReplyCopy URL
    ETPhoneHome
    Participant
    Topics:

A measly two nominations for The Wire in its entire run. That is a bigger crime than any committed on the show itself.

ReplyCopy URL
    DingbatHauteur
    Topics:

1. Jessica Walter being nominated only once for ‘Arrested Development’ and losing to Doris Roberts (whom I also love). She should have been nominated for each season of the show and should have won at least once

2. Nick Offerman never being nominated for ‘Parks & Recreation’

3. Lena Headey not being nominated for Season 2 of ‘Game of Thrones’

4. Emilia Clarke being nominated this year for ‘Game of Thrones’ instead of Maggie Smith for ‘Downton Abbey’ (one of the worst snubs ever in Emmy history)

5. Laura Linney’s win for ‘The Big C’ in 2013 instead of Jessica Lange for ‘AHS: Asylum’ 

ReplyCopy URL
    Icky
    Participant
    Topics:

1. No series nods for The Wire, Battlestar Galactica or The Shield
    2. No nomination for Lauren Graham or Kelly Bishop
    3. Jim Parsons and to a slightly lesser degree Tony Shaloub being over-awarded while Carrel and Larry David remain empty-handed
    4. The Sopranos had to wait til its fifth season to win series
    5.  Arrested Development not winning series for its second season, which still might be the best season of any comedy series ever. 
    6. Friday Night Lights having to wait till its final season to get into series
    7. Patricia Arquette has an Emmy for Medium.
    8. Mad Men not winning an acting Emmy.
    9. Buffy the Vampire Slayer not getting a writing nod for “The Body” or “Once More With Feeling”
    10. John C McGinley never getting in for Scrubs (much bigger “crime” than Nick Offerman never being nominated) 

ReplyCopy URL
    Emmys2011
    Participant
    Topics:

I could name a bunch, but the main ones:

– Six Feet Under not winning for its first two seasons PLUS never winning an acting emmy.

– Sarah Paulson loosing for Asylum…and for a nothign performance by Ellen Burstyn.

ReplyCopy URL
    Noé
    Participant
    Topics:

– Sandra Oh losing 5 times in Supporting Actress for Grey’s Anatomy.
    Hannibal completely shut out even in the technical categories.
    – Emmy Rossum didn’t make it in Drama Lead Actress neither in Comedy Lead Actress for Shameless.
    The Americans not in the Drama Series.
    – Steve Carell not winning for The Office.

By any means the biggest crimes but sure the ones I take personal.

ReplyCopy URL
    moviefan61794
    Participant
    Topics:

I agree with a lot of the ones I see on here (particularly every mention of Steve Carell and Amy Poehler because YES), so I’ll throw out a new option that has REALLY agitated me: Monica Potter being snubbed for the fourth season of Parenthood.

ReplyCopy URL
    zordon
    Participant
    Topics:

– Mad Men without single acting win
    – Sandra Oh – deserving to win for seasons 1-3
    – Chandra Wilson – deserving for season 2-3
    – Hugh Laurie – deserving for seasons 1-4
    – Steve Farrell – deserving for any season
    – Chris Colfer – should have won at least once
    – John Krasinski – should have been nominated at least once 

ReplyCopy URL
    TomHardys
    Participant
    Topics:

The Americans mentions keep on coming… Am I literally the only person in this joint who doesn’t find anything remotely worthy in that show to write home about. Sure Lois Smith and Margo Martindale were truly outstanding and the writing is good but it’s such a dry show… I get why people like it but it’s often mentioned as the best show on air for the past two or three years and I really can’t understand why.

Anyways, Tatiana Maslany’s snubs still stink. Steve Carell and Sandra Oh being Emmy-less is a crime. Michelle Monaghan and Bellamy Young’s snubs last year were atrocious. Lea Michele should’ve been nominated at least one more time. The Naya Rivera snubs are unforgivable. Lorraine Toussaint wasn’t nominated this year but Joanne Frogratt and Emilia Clarke were with no material at all. The Wire got two writing Emmy nods during its five years course (I will never not rage about this one). Jim Parsons having FOUR F*CKING EMMYS in his mantle but people like Jessica Walter, Nick Offerman, Amy Poehler, Kristen Wiig (seriously???) and Chris Pratt have none. Michael C.Hall being only nominated for Six Feet Under ONCE. Seriously I could go on forever.

ReplyCopy URL
    Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

STEVE CARELL

ReplyCopy URL
    Icky
    Participant
    Topics:

11. “Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken” getting into directing over “Hardhome”
    12. Breaking Bad never winning directing Emmy
    13. Nick Offerman never being nominated
    14. New Girl being dumped by the academy for a second season superior to its first
    15. Somewhat connected to the Buffy and Gilmore girls mentions, but the continuous prejudice voters hae shown towards the WB/UPN/CW
    16. Rectify continues to have zero nominations (I think)
    17. Matthew Rhys not getting nominated for The Americans and to a lesser degree Brothers and Sisters
    18. No series nod for Community
    19. Boardwalk Empire two directing wins
    20. Emma Thompson’s loss to Judy Davis 

ReplyCopy URL
    Alex
    Participant
    Topics:

– Jon Hamm and Elisabeth Moss not winning for The Suitcase (especially as they lost to one person whose show ended and one who they would award regardless of submission quality)
    – Martin Sheen not winning for Two Cathedrals
    – Peter Krause not winning an Emmy for Six Feet Under
    – Michael C. Hall not winning for Six Feet Under OR Dexter (especially as The Getaway was a better submission than Cranston’s)
    – Frances Conroy, Rachel Griffiths and Lauren Ambrose not winning for Six Feet Under
    – Jennifer Carpenter not being nominated for Dexter (especially S7/8)
    – Lisa Kudrow not winning for S5 as well as S4 of Friends (her two episode submissions, The One Hundredth and TOW Everybody Finds Out were acting masterclasses and she was the MVP of both episodes)
    – Christina Hendricks not winning for Guy Walks into an Advertising Agency or The Other Woman
    – 4 awards for Bryan Cranston in Drama Actor, whilst the aformentioned Hall and Hugh Laurie went emptyhanded.
    – 4 awards for Jim Parsons in Comedy Actor, whilst Steve Carrell, Larry David, Louis C.K. and Jason Bateman didn’t win an acting award.
    – Jeff Daniels beating Kevin Spacey for S1 of House of Cards
    – Lorraine Bracco not winning for Employee of the Month*
    – Patricia Arquette winning for Medium, whilst Frances Conroy submitted one of her best episodes.
    – Laura Linney beating the incomparable Elisabeth Moss in Miniseries/Movie Actress
    * this is the ultimate for me. I love Edie Falco, and am completely behind her other 2 wins for The Sopranos, but Bracco was so fantastic in this episode I cannot see how she didn’t win.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.