Home Forums Television Gold Derby TV Awards Nominations (Announcing July 29 at 5:00 PT)

Gold Derby TV Awards Nominations (Announcing July 29 at 5:00 PT)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
replies
views
users
  • Chris Beachum
    Keymaster
    Topics:

You can now vote for the 2015 Gold Derby TV Awards nominations until our deadline on July 24.

HAVE FUN!!

Chris Beachum
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Emmy ballots were released on June 15, but the awards voting that
    really counts begins today. You can now vote for nominees for the 12h
    Annual Gold Derby TV Awards.

If you’re already registered at Gold Derby, cast your ballot by clicking here and then clicking on the Gold Derby TV Awards Nominations 2015
    button in the “Choose an Event” box. To vote in each of our 28
    categories, select your top three candidates and move them from the left
    to the right column in order of your preference.

If you’re not registered, do so for free here. Or log in with your Facebook account. And click here to see the complete history of our awards.

Breaking Bad” won last year’s Best Drama Series prize for the third time in a row, tying the record set by “Lost” and “Mad Men,” which also won three Drama Series prizes.

“Breaking Bad” is off the air now, and last year’s nominee “True Detective” is sitting out this awards cycle, which leaves four of last year’s nominees eligible to compete again this year: “House of Cards,” “Game of Thrones,” “The Good Wife” and
    “Mad Men.” This is the last chance for “Mad Men,” which ended its run
    in May; another win this year would set a new record of four victories.

Those shows will also face Netflix’s “Orange is the New Black,”
    which was Gold Derby’s choice for Best Comedy Series last year, but the
    Emmys moved the prison series to the dramatic races, and Gold Derby
    follows suit.

That leaves an opening in the Best Comedy Series contest, where all five of “Orange’s” rivals are back in contention. “Parks and Recreation
    won the top prize in 2013, and hopes for a farewell hug for its final
    season, which aired this past spring. It will have to defeat another
    past champ, “Modern Family,” along with “Brooklyn Nine-Nine,” “Louie,” “Modern Family” and “Veep.”

But we’ll have seven nominees for Best Drama and Best Comedy, just like the Emmys, so could 2012 Best Comedy champ “Community
    make a comeback after being resurrected this year by Yahoo? It fell out
    of favor at the Gold Derby TV Awards in 2013 after NBC ousted
    showrunner Dan Harmon. Harmon returned, but the series remained absent from last year’s contest.

The open slots might also favor hot newcomers like “Black-ish,” “Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt,” “You’re the Worst” and “Jane the Virgin.”

2013 marked the return of two popular categories to the Gold Derby
    Awards: Best Drama Episode and Best Comedy Episode. And like the last
    two years, a preliminary vote by our forum posters has narrowed down the
    best episodic achievements of the television season to 30 titles
    apiece. The top six candidates after this stage of voting will be the
    final nominees.

You can vote for your favorites now and edit your ballot until July 24. Nominees will be announced on July 30.

ReplyCopy URL
    AMG
    Participant
    Topics:

Is it just me who can’t see the Supporting Comedy Actress and Actor boxes?

ReplyCopy URL
    Chris Beachum
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Also, you can campaign for some of your favorites in this thread.

Please leave it to a small number, though. DON”T FYC MORE THAN A FEW!

ReplyCopy URL
    Chris Beachum
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Is it just me who can’t see the Supporting Comedy Actress and Actor boxes?

Thanks for reporting this. It is now corrected.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

Great choices so far. The Variety Performer tab only allowed me to have one instead of three, think you can fix that? 

Can we select a few contenders that you missed on the tabs to add into the race like we did in the Movie Awards? Also, can you make the Guest Actor/Supporting Actor contenders submit in both races? 

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

Almost done with the voting but choosing 3 nominees in some of the categories were just ruthless though. I couldn’t decide how to eliminate most of the people/series. 

ReplyCopy URL
    AMG
    Participant
    Topics:

Yep working now

ReplyCopy URL
    Daniel Montgomery
    Participant
    Topics:

Great choices so far. The Variety Performer tab only allowed me to have one instead of three, think you can fix that? 

Can we select a few contenders that you missed on the tabs to add into the race like we did in the Movie Awards? Also, can you make the Guest Actor/Supporting Actor contenders submit in both races? 

Variety Performer problem is fixed now. As for entering candidates in both Guest and Supporting, we’re strictly going by where people are submitted on the Emmy ballot (except variety performers, since we have a separate category for those). We may not all agree on where people submitted, but it would be prohibitively difficult to submit multiple people in multiple places depending on where different people might want them.

But I will allow people to request candidate additions. Instructions to follow soon for that. Smile

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

Well that was fun. Too lazy to complain about missing people I might have voted for.

ReplyCopy URL
    Daniel Montgomery
    Participant
    Topics:

INSTRUCTIONS FOR REQUESTING NEW CANDIDATES IN GOLD DERBY TV AWARDS:

When Chris and I set these up, we understand we’re not perfect and may miss some people who our users want to vote for, especially with so much TV these days. I’ll add candidates you want to vote for, but please follow these guidelines:

1. Please request no more than FOUR (4) candidates to be added. And they should be candidates you personally intend to vote for. Requests along the lines of “If X is an option, then these 20 people should be options too” will not be considered.

2. I will only enter candidates consistent with their entry on the Emmy ballot. So if, for instance, you want to vote for Jon Doe for Best Drama Guest Actor, but he’s submitted for Drama Supporting Actor at the Emmys, I will only enter him in the supporting category for our awards. The only exceptions to this rule will be candidates we’re considering for our awards but aren’t on the Emmy ballot (for instance, foreign productions like “Doctor Who”); in those cases, we’ll still follow Emmy guidelines (less than half the episodes = Guest, half or more = Supporting).

3. Send your requests to me through Direct Message. To do so, hover your cursor over my name on this post and then click “Send Message.” Do not sent messages to Chris Beachum; I’ll be the only handling additions, so he will not be taking requests.

ReplyCopy URL
    Daniel Montgomery
    Participant
    Topics:

One guideline I forgot to mention:

4. Because Best Drama Episode and Best Comedy Episode were already decided by a preliminary vote of forum posters, I will not add candidates to those categories, as it wouldn’t be fair. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

FYC:
                Naya Rivera in “Glee” for
               Comedy Guest Actress
    !

ReplyCopy URL
    Awardsfunyay
    Participant
    Topics:

^ we all knew that was coming 

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

Ahahahaha… thanks but no.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)
Reply To: Gold Derby TV Awards Nominations (Announcing July 29 at 5:00 PT)

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.