Golden Globes TV Nominations (Predictions Center Now Active)

Home // Forums // Television // Golden Globes TV Nominations (Predictions Center Now Active)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 172 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
8 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
  • Ute Kramer
    Participant
    Topics:

Since there is allready a thread about the 2017 Emmy Predictions, I thought we could start making some predicitons for the next big award show. Is it likely that last years winners and nominees will be back? What about the Americans breaking through at the Globes? They usually tend to go for new shows but with UnReal, Leftovers and The Americans being so critical acclaimed, is there a chance they could break through?

• This topic was modified 10 months, 2 weeks ago by  Chris Beachum.
    jf123
    Participant
    Topics:

The Leftovers will not air any new episodes in 2016.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

After The Americans’ Emmy nominations I expect at least one nomination for them.

Sarah Paulson will win Lead Actress in a Limited Series / TV Movie category. And of course they, too, will drop Uzo Aduba.

Westworld is going to be big in the Drama categories. I expect at least 3 nominations.

They’ll drop Empire too. Probably Robin Wright as well.

ReplyCopy URL
    leothescorpio
    Participant
    Topics:

Notable new shows that will flop:
    Westworld
    Baskets
    Vice Principals
    The Girlfriend Experience

Notable new shows that will slay:
    The Night Of
    This Is Us
    Insecure
    The Night Manager

Shows that may break through:
    The Americans
    Catastrophe
    UnREAL

ReplyCopy URL
    mikeboy898
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t see UnREAL breaking into the Globes if it didn’t after its more successful debut season last year.

The Night Of will absolutely dominate. Sarah Jessica Parker is nearly guaranteed a spot for her new HBO show, Divorce.

Casual will probably stay in Comedy Series. You’re the Worst could make a play.

ReplyCopy URL
    leothescorpio
    Participant
    Topics:

UnReal is much more buzzed about this year than it was last year. It probably would have gotten the fifth slot in Drama Series last year had Outlander not bribed the HFPA.

ReplyCopy URL
    Ute Kramer
    Participant
    Topics:

UnReal is much more buzzed about this year than it was last year. It probably would have gotten the fifth slot in Drama Series last year had Outlander not bribed the HFPA.

I am pretty sure, Outlander and Catriona Balfe will be back at the Globes this year. The show got more positive feedback from the critics (apparently got 85 at metacritic) and some HFPA members are die-hard fans of the show.

It would however be nice when Eva Green could come back and maybe Vera Farmiga could sneak in for Bates Motel. Not likely, but one can dream.

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

Horace and Pete will definitely do better at the Globes than the Emmys.

ReplyCopy URL
    Ute Kramer
    Participant
    Topics:

I am also hoping for some love for Netflix´s The Crown (if its any good) with Matt Smith and Claire Foy and Baz Luhrmann´s The Get Down.

ReplyCopy URL
    babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

Claire Foy is spectacular as Anne Boleyn and “who” doesn’t love Dr Who? I believe he can play an insufferable eugenicist fairly well….
    Some of these actors appear somewhat ‘typecast’ but they’ve got a heavy-weight director in Peter Morgan.

Looking forward to seeing this series become tres successful.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tom
    Participant
    Topics:

Can Orange is the New Black move to the drama categories? I think if it did it would have a better chance of winning.

People often say that the Golden Globes like to award the new series for their first seasons (Mr. Robot, The Affair, Boardwalk Empire, The Shield, Six Feet Under) and then they award some series several in a row including the first season (Homeland, Mad Men, L.A. Law) and then sometimes they award series later in their run (Breaking Bad, Grey’s Anatomy, 24). OITNB could possibly fall into this category. Season 4 was very good in my opinion and very fitting in drama categories.

Does the Golden Globes allow a category switch (twice)? OITNB started in Drama for season one but moved to comedy for seasons 2 and 3. American Horror Story was in Drama for season one but moved to the miniseries/movie categories from season 2 on.

ReplyCopy URL
    leothescorpio
    Participant
    Topics:

Wishful thinking.

ReplyCopy URL
    Chris Negron
    Participant
    Topics:

I could see Winona Ryder getting in for Stranger Things

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Participant
    Topics:

@tom_smith, Grey’s Anatomy won for its first/second season. 24 won for its second/third and had been nominated both years before that. Breaking Bad and The X-Files are the only dramas that won later in their runs. The X-Files had already won earlier in its run and Orange is the New Black is no Breaking Bad.

ReplyCopy URL
    Adam Rock
    Participant
    Topics:

I could see a scenario where now that The Americans has broken through at the Emmys it could break in here and get a nomination. No way it wins though.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 172 total)
Reply To: Golden Globes TV Nominations (Predictions Center Now Active)

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.