Home Forums Television Golden Globes 2018 TV Nominations (Predictions Center Now Open)

Golden Globes 2018 TV Nominations (Predictions Center Now Open)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 410 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
2 days ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
Stegeo
Guest2014
mariogomez
  • Riley
    Participant
    Topics:

Maisel is nothing other than a makeup call for all those years of snubbing Gilmore Girls.

Such logic.

ReplyCopy URL
    Turd Ferguson
    Participant
    Topics:

I love Bell, but Brosnahan gives a better in the first episode than Bell ever has through 20 episodes of The Good Place.

ReplyCopy URL
    Courtney
    Participant
    Topics:

I love Bell, but Brosnahan gives a better in the first episode than Bell ever has through 20 episodes of The Good Place.

Bell is one of my favorite actresses, but comparing their performances in TGP and TMMM, Brosnahan’s performance is incredible and deserves all the recognition. Easily one of my favorite performances of the year.

I think the ensemble is amazing for The Good Place, all of them working perfectly together. But individually, Ted, Darcy, and Manny Jacinto are my favorites.

ReplyCopy URL
    hats-off
    Participant
    Topics:

I love the good place but I’d nominate every other cast member before Kristen Bell. I think Jameela Jamil is very underrated and Danson, Darcy, Harper, and Jacinto give more in their performance than Bell. Eleanor just doesn’t pack enough heat as a character for Bell to do that much with her.

ReplyCopy URL
    Alex Meyer
    Participant
    Topics:

Big yays for all the nominations for Big Little Lies, The Handmaid’s Tale and Feud: Bette And Joan!!!

ReplyCopy URL
    Hunter-ish
    Participant
    Topics:

Bell works for the character but does nothing special that any other decent actress can’t do. She is very good at reactions and quips but that’s all. All the other characters have distinguished characteristics that make them stand out from an acting standpoint, but I can’t say the same for Bell. I haven’t seen Veronica Mars or House of Lies so I can’t speak for her skill as an actress in general.

ReplyCopy URL
    jacob121
    Participant
    Topics:

The HFPA is not terribly fond of Will & Grace, plain and simple. I’ll be truly shocked if McCormack wins.

For the finest in film reviews and awards analysis, please visit me at The Awards Connection!

Just re-posting this for emphasis. These forums have way too many crazy Will and Grace fans with delusional awards expectations.

ReplyCopy URL
    kancov
    Participant
    Topics:

Another Bell fan, but she never deserved a nomination more than those nominated.

ReplyCopy URL
    Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

To those who predict Biel in the Limited Series/Movie actress category, if you think they’ll invite Nicole Kidman just to lose to a mediocre actress, you’re fooled.

ReplyCopy URL
    Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Who do you think is gonna win Best Supporting Actress? (Dern, Dowd, Metz, Pfeiffer, Woodley)
    Although I want Dern to win, she’s already won a Globe in this category (although not impossible to make it 2 Globes). I don’t think Ann Dowd is going to win; her nom is clearly cuz of her suprise Emmy win, and the GGs are not going by that pattern. I can’t see Metz winning either; Idk, I just don’t see it. I could see Pfeiffer winning just due to her star power. As of Woodley, maybe she’ll be another Joanne Froggatt.

ReplyCopy URL
    Andrew Carden
    Participant
    Topics:

I feel reasonably confident about Dern, though can actually fathom them perhaps going with Pfeiffer on sheer name rec. Don’t see Metz or Woodley really having a prayer.

For the finest in film reviews and awards analysis, please visit me at The Awards Connection!

ReplyCopy URL
    Sam
    Participant
    Topics:

I feel reasonably confident about Dern, though can actually fathom them perhaps going with Pfeiffer on sheer name rec. Don’t see Metz or Woodley really having a prayer. For the finest in film reviews and awards analysis, please visit me at The Awards Connection!

I agree and she also has Star Wars out which can’t hurt elevating her profile. The only person I see stealing it would be Dowd.

ReplyCopy URL
    Sam
    Participant
    Topics:

To those who predict Biel in the Limited Series/Movie actress category, if you think they’ll invite Nicole Kidman just to lose to a mediocre actress, you’re fooled.

I would normally agree but they snubbed Susan Sarandon for a role in my opinion was much better then Jessica Biel

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Participant
    Topics:

I would normally agree but they snubbed Susan Sarandon for a role in my opinion was much better then Jessica Biel

That was Critics’ Choice, not the Globes.

ReplyCopy URL
    Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

The only person I see stealing it would be Dowd.

ew

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 410 total)
Reply To: Golden Globes 2018 TV Nominations (Predictions Center Now Open)

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.