Home Forums Television Golden Globes 2018 TV Nominations (Predictions Center Now Open)

Golden Globes 2018 TV Nominations (Predictions Center Now Open)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 410 total)
Created
9 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
Stegeo
Guest2014
mariogomez
  • Julia Spencer
    Participant
    Topics:

Just got to watch the first episodes of the new Star Trek Discovery. Is there any chance that Sonequa Martin-Green could get in for Best Drama Actress? I am not fully sold on the series, since the dialogues are very cliché-ridden and sometimes very melodramatic. But Green is a standout and could become a fan-favourite.

ReplyCopy URL
    mariogomez
    Participant
    Topics:

Get Shorty is a serious contender?
    I don’t see the show yet but i hear is good and Ray Romano have a juicy role .

ReplyCopy URL
    Hunter-ish
    Participant
    Topics:

Get Shorty is a serious contender? I don’t see the show yet but i hear is good and Ray Romano have a juicy role .

The pilot was the worst episode of TV I’ve seen this year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Hunter-ish
    Participant
    Topics:

http://tvline.com/2017/10/10/the-marvelous-mrs-maisel-premiere-date-amazon-season-1-trailer/

Debra Messing, Julia Louis Dreyfus, Issa Rae, Traced Ellis Ross, and Allison Brie should be scared. Rachael Brosnahan is coming. The pilot was fantastic and I suspect the rest will be as well.

ReplyCopy URL
    smurty11
    Participant
    Topics:

http://tvline.com/2017/10/10/the-marvelous-mrs-maisel-premiere-date-amazon-season-1-trailer/

Debra Messing, Julia Louis Dreyfus, Issa Rae, Traced Ellis Ross, and Allison Brie should be scared. Rachael Brosnahan is coming. The pilot was fantastic and I suspect the rest will be as well.

I loved this pilot! That one episode was my favorite ASP show more than Gilmore Girls and MUCH more than Bunheads. It fits her to do a period piece because she does not know how to write minority characters.

ReplyCopy URL
    Andrew D
    Participant
    Topics:

I just want will and grace to win it all

Andrewsart.etsy.com

Check out my online store 🙂

ReplyCopy URL
    film2counselor
    Participant
    Topics:

What’s the nomination process for the Golden Globes? How is it different from the Emmys?

ReplyCopy URL
    mariogomez
    Participant
    Topics:

What’s the nomination process for the Golden Globes? How is it different from the Emmys?

The HFPA are only press member and there are few of them (like 100 more o less i think, i really don´t know the exact number, but they are few), and that´s make the process so different and many times we see some weird choices but not stupid ones from emmys (Mandy Pantinkin for example, and that Ty Burrell every year thing)

The HFPA usually nominate new shows (Emmys nominate every year old shows, something really boring)

ReplyCopy URL
    film2counselor
    Participant
    Topics:

Thank you! Robin 

The HFPA are only press member and there are few of them (like 100 more o less i think, i really don´t know the exact number, but they are few), and that´s make the process so different and many times we see some weird choices but not stupid ones from emmys (Mandy Pantinkin for example, and that Ty Burrell every year thing) The HFPA usually nominate new shows (Emmys nominate every year old shows, something really boring)

thank you!

ReplyCopy URL
    jf123
    Participant
    Topics:

Since Alexis Bledel is eligible in the Supporting Actress race, can she be added to the prediction center?

Give Paul Thomas Anderson an Oscar.

ReplyCopy URL
    mariogomez
    Participant
    Topics:

The HFPA will watch the Crown at time?

ReplyCopy URL
    BenitoDelicias
    Participant
    Topics:

This gets asked everytime.

I’m sure Netflix will do whatever it takes to make these voters watch The Crown. They’re not going to pass that opportunity and wait for next year. And at the same time the Globes will bend whatever rule to pretend they watched it in time.

ReplyCopy URL
    Julia Spencer
    Participant
    Topics:

I wouldnt count out Viola Davis for How to get away with murder in the Best Actress category. She is a powerhouse this season.

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

I wouldnt count out Viola Davis for How to get away with murder in the Best Actress category. She is a powerhouse this season.

Hope they’ll oblige her since she’s now an Oscar winner.

ReplyCopy URL
    mariogomez
    Participant
    Topics:

Don´t underestimate Christian Slater again, remember he plays the tittle series character and Mr. Robot is having a great season. (And the category is weak this year again)

I don´t know why are few people that have Mindhunter in their predictions, remember is a new series and the HFPA probably would like to reward the show before Emmy´s do.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 410 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.