Home Forums Television Help — Last-minute panic predicting 2016 Emmys!

Help — Last-minute panic predicting 2016 Emmys!

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
replies
views
users
  • Marcus James Dixon
    Keymaster
    Topics:

What last-minute switches are you making to your Emmy predictions? I am panicking … are you? The last switch I made was a couple of days ago, putting Liev Schreiber in first place and knocking Kevin Spacey down to second. What about YOU? Breathe in, breathe out.

GusCruz
    Participant
    Topics:

I finally just gave in and put Tambor as Comedy Actor winner. I had Anderson up until today. I’m uncomfortable about this because now I have no African American actor winning anywhere, which means I’m missing something. I also switched winners in Movie/Mini Directing (now I have Fargo winning) and Drama Series Writing (from The Americans to Mr. Robot… but I wouldn’t be surprised with Downton either… just skeptical of GoT winning here).

Is anyone sticking with Anthony Anderson??

ReplyCopy URL
    AviChristiaans
    Participant
    Topics:

Not even in the mood to panick. This year’s Emmys feel so underwhelming already.

Probably just gonna move Game of Thrones, Veep and OJ into the No. 1 slots in all their respective categories, and call it a day.

ReplyCopy URL
    jf123
    Participant
    Topics:

Heres my last minute changes (already posted this in another forum though)

Last minute changes:

Rami Malek winning Drama Actor instead of Kevin Spacey (Spacey moved down to #2)

Anna Chlusmky winning Comedy Supporting Actress instead of Kate McKinnon (McKinnon moved down to #4)

Key and Peele winning Sketch Series instead of Inside Amy Schemer (IAS moved down to #2)

Mr. Robot pilot winning writing instead of Battle of the Bastards (BOB moved down to #3)

Noah Hawley beating Jay Roach in Limited/Movie Directing (Roach moved down to #2)

ReplyCopy URL
    AviChristiaans
    Participant
    Topics:

William H Macey. Somehow i can’t shake the feeling that Macey is about to win the Emmy for Comedy Lead Actor.

After Tambor, he really is the most realistic alternative for these name check voters. Respected veteran Emmy winner, that has worked with EVERYONE. Margo, Azaria, Peter Scolari)

I am not even sure. Can’t even convince myself.

ReplyCopy URL
    Andrew Carden
    Participant
    Topics:

Gus, I’m going with Anderson. And Marcus, I have Schreiber for the upset too.

OSCAR FLASHBACK: Best Original Song (2014) – Everything Is Awesome at the Oscars!

ReplyCopy URL
    Borx Lopez
    Participant
    Topics:

I moved Maslany to first. I don’t see Wright winning and I think Tatiana could make an upset because she has a lot of fandom behind, the show is about to end and her performances in Orphan Black have a lot of prestige (she’s the only actress to win two Critics’ Choice Awards for the same role in the Drama Actress category, and she have been supported by a lot of people.

I don’t know, I possibly made a mistake :))

ReplyCopy URL
    Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

DAMMIT! The Prediction center shut down just as I was about to make 3 last-minute changes!

Lena Headey to Maggie Smith, Dale Stern to Jill Soloway, and Hugh Laurie to John Travolta!

Could the Predictions center PLEASE open just for me, or at least only for a couple minutes?! “cry” 🙁

ReplyCopy URL
    Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

I thought they would keep the Prediction center open until 3, when the red capret started! DAAMAAMMAAAATTTT!!!! ;(

ReplyCopy URL
    LoretiTV
    Participant
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>

DAMMIT! The Prediction center shut down just as I was about to make 3 last-minute changes! Lena Headey to Maggie Smith, Dale Stern to Jill Soloway, and Hugh Laurie to John Travolta! Could the Predictions center PLEASE open just for me, or at least only for a couple minutes?! “cry” ????

Headey to Smith? Is it possible Thrones only wins Directing tonight?

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by  LoretiTV.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

Headey to Smith? Is it possible Thrones only wins Directing tonight?

[/quote]No, I still have Headey winning on Goldderby, along with far safer bets Dinklage, Writing, Directing, and of course Series.

ReplyCopy URL
    eastwest
    Participant
    Topics:

Don’t worry, Teridax. If your situation is like mine, I haven’t been able to make changes for like a week. But for this thread, I went from Maggie Smith to Lena Headey and from Kevin Spacey to Rami Malek.

ReplyCopy URL
    claydavis
    Participant
    Topics:

sticking with anderson even if it feels like a mistake. Going with the emmys gonna emmy and have travolta winning. i know it doesnt make sense, thats why i have some doubts but bs like this always happens.

ReplyCopy URL
    Luan Queiroz
    Participant
    Topics:

Tituss Burgess winning instead Tony Hale.

ReplyCopy URL
    GusCruz
    Participant
    Topics:

I moved Maslany to first. I don’t see Wright winning and I think Tatiana could make an upset because she has a lot of fandom behind, the show is about to end and her performances in Orphan Black have a lot of prestige (she’s the only actress to win two Critics’ Choice Awards for the same role in the Drama Actress category, and she have been supported by a lot of people.

I don’t know, I possibly made a mistake :))

Maslany is certainly deserving but that show simply doesn’t work for anyone who’s not a loyal fan. I don’t see how she could win.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.