Home Forums Television If Emmys allowed SNL Hosts to compete in Comedy Guest Actor categories since 1975, who could’ve won?

If Emmys allowed SNL Hosts to compete in Comedy Guest Actor categories since 1975, who could’ve won?

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
replies
views
users
  • smurty11
    Participant
    Topics:

First one that comes to mind is Alec Baldwin (The Schweddy Balls episode).
    Also, Kevin Spacey for the Star War auditions episode.

Halo_Insider
    Participant
    Topics:

Maybe Steve Martin for the King Tut/Blues Brothers episode.

ReplyCopy URL
    Nate
    Participant
    Topics:

Definitely Christopher Walken in 2000 for the “More Cowbell” sketch (he won the 2001 American Comedy Award for it), and it would have been well deserved over Bruce Willis for Friends.

And, based on the love for Jimmy Fallon in the category, I suspect that several cast members that returned to host would have won, like Dana Carvey and Will Ferrell, especially since both of them received individual performance nominations as cast members when that category existed.

Note that, as I like to keep reminding people here, the “single performance” categories in the late 70s, which feel more like better categorization to me each year, included guest performers in sketch comedy shows, leading to wins for Jack Albertson and Cloris Leachman on Cher and Rita Moreno on The Muppet Show. SNL guest performers were eligible there, but never got nominated against the strong regulars of that time period.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.