Judd Apatow’s Netflix show Love (2/19/16)

Home // Forums // Television // Judd Apatow’s Netflix show Love (2/19/16)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
replies
views
users
  • mikeboy898
    Participant
    Topics:

Netflix’s new Judd Apatow-created comedy series Love, starring Gillian Jacobs and Paul Rust, premieres its 10-episode first season on February 19.

http://www.vulture.com/2016/01/take-a-first-look-at-judd-apatows-love.html?mid=facebook_vulture

Riley
    Participant
    Topics:

This may not end up being in the conversation at all, but since we know nothing about its quality for now, that means that it is still possible as a contender for the comedy series win.  Shake it up, Love!  We need something more interesting than a Veep/Silicon Valley showdown, which could easily be cut short if the latter fails to get an actor in again.

ReplyCopy URL
    jacob121
    Participant
    Topics:

This may not end up being in the conversation at all, but since we know nothing about its quality for now, that means that it is still possible as a contender for the comedy series win.  Shake it up, Love!  We need something more interesting than a Veep/Silicon Valley showdown, which could easily be cut short if the latter fails to get an actor in again.

I mean I do and I don’t want it be a factor. The issue is that I’m pretty sure Kimmy is safe for a second nod unless there’s a major shake up in the race and I’m really rooting for master of none to make a big impact despite its slight underperformance in end of the year charts/nominations etc. so if love comes in I’m worried it might push out master of none which already seems on the bubble. We shall see …

Edit: my point got somewhat lost in there which is that I’m not sure Netflix can get three series in

ReplyCopy URL
    mikeboy898
    Participant
    Topics:

It’ll be really hard to judge Love’s chances until we see it. It could be a gamechanger like Master of None was, but I’m not entirely sure.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Participant
    Topics:

First review at Metacritic is a 60 from Variety.

Done!

ReplyCopy URL
    jf123
    Participant
    Topics:

Well thats from Brian Lowry, and he always seems to hate everything

ReplyCopy URL
    AMG
    Participant
    Topics:

I’ve seen the first two episodes so far. I am falling in love with LOVE.

The first episode is great at doing its job of setting up the two main characters separately from one another. The second excels with the two bought together. Paul Rust is good as Gus, but for me it is all about Gillian Jacobs as Mickey so far stealing the show. The writing is great, and hasn’t misfired yet.

Very much refraining from watching more at the moment, just so I can savour the show for longer than a weekend!

ReplyCopy URL
    CanadianFan
    Participant
    Topics:

Once Oscar season is over, this will be the first show I check out.

ReplyCopy URL
    probablyROB
    Participant
    Topics:

I binged the whole thing.  It’s solid.  Not as good as You’re The Worst but I liked it as much, if not more than Master of None.  Gillian Jacobs is great in this and would be a worthy nominee.  She’d even have a few competitive episodes.

ReplyCopy URL
    Denis
    Participant
    Topics:

up to episode four, but I’m giving up, this is too fucking depressing for me, it is a fantastic show I admit it, but no can’t do.

ReplyCopy URL
    Denis
    Participant
    Topics:

up to episode four, but I’m giving up, this is too fucking depressing for me, it is a fantastic show I admit it, but no can’t do.

ReplyCopy URL
    Rooney Moore
    Participant
    Topics:

So is this the first show in the history of TV that goes by the name “Love”? Wow. You guys attracted my attention. Will check this one out in the first chance I get.

ReplyCopy URL
    mikeboy898
    Participant
    Topics:

Wasn’t impressed by the pilot, but liked the 2nd episode a whole lot more! Curious about the rest of the season.

ReplyCopy URL
    Pieman1994
    Participant
    Topics:

Gillian Jacobs gives a performance so good that it makes Aya Cash’s season two arc on You’re the Worst look like there’s room for improvement. If there was any justice in the universe, Jacobs would be the Emmy frontrunner at this point. She’s that good.

The rest of the show is dynamite.  

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

Birdie and Apatows daughter were my favorite parts of the show. I also really like Gus’ friend and I can’t seem to find the actor or remember the characters name at all. He plays the guy who gives Gus all the advice about women at the studio. He’s hilarious and compelling.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
Reply To: Judd Apatow’s Netflix show Love (2/19/16)

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.