Home Forums Television Lead Actor in a Drama Series, 2002

Lead Actor in a Drama Series, 2002

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
Created
4 years ago
Last Reply
4 years ago
replies
views
users
Marcus Snowde..
Bill Buchanan
Gabriel
  • Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)
    Participant
    Topics:

Chiklis took home the Emmy, but did he deserve it?

A Person
    Participant
    Topics:

Yes.

ReplyCopy URL
    Andrew Eng
    Participant
    Topics:

Seconded. Chiklis was amazing in the pilot, and throughout the season. Sutherland was my initial pick at the time, but given that he won later for 24’s best season, I’m not quibbling. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Renaton
    Topics:

I’ll be the one dissenting voice. It’s not that I don’t like Chicklis having an Emmy, is that I always thought that, while his show was very uneven and overwrought, Michael C. Hall really deserved an Emmy for Six Feet Under. And this comes from someone who never thought much of his performance as Dexter, but he was really good in SFU. It was one of the few performances in the Emmys I actively rooted for rather than just sided with.

ReplyCopy URL
    Emmyfan
    Participant
    Topics:

The Shield was never an uneven show and it is one of the few dramas as of lately (last 10 to 15 years) that was consistent in its high quality throughout the series.  

ReplyCopy URL
    Bill Buchanan
    Participant
    Topics:

Was that the year Martin Sheen lost for the “Two Cathedrals” episode? Yes it was. Well there’s your answer…

Would not have minded Sutherland AT ALL though. But he won in 2006 (and probably should have won in 2005), so I ain’t  complaining either.

EDIT: Oh wait, this was The West Wing’s third season. But I’m not budging. Sheen should have an Emmy. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)
    Participant
    Topics:

“Night Five” was a great episode for Sheen to submit, so I wouldn’t have minded him winning. But, I can’t ignore Chiklis’s performance in the pilot. His performance in that episode was a tour de force.

ReplyCopy URL
    Irishmovielover4ever
    Participant
    Topics:

Of course Chiklis deserved that emmy for the pilot. However, if was a strong category and any of the men would have been a worthy winner. Sheen for obvious reasons deserved an emmy for that role and it’s sad that he was not rewarded. Krause and Hall would have been good winners and while I like Krause in SFU it’s strange Hall was only nominated once as he, Ambrose and Conroy were the best actors on that show. Sutherland won later on so he at least won unlike the other three men who never won for their roles. Chiklis is a worthy winner is my final words but any of the other men should have won once during their time.

ReplyCopy URL
    Participant
    Topics:

Sheen should have won for “Two Cathedrals” in 2001. Many people have won Emmys for doing much less than what Sheen did in that episode.

ReplyCopy URL
    probablyROB
    Participant
    Topics:

Michael C Hall’s “A Private Life” was a much better performance than the pilot of The Shield.

ReplyCopy URL
    Kevin
    Participant
    Topics:

Sheen should have won for “Two Cathedrals,” but his performance in “Night Five” was baity, in my opinion.  That episode really fell short of my expectations and, while it’s a great episode to submit for Lead Actor, I wasn’t upset to see him lose for it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Renaton
    Topics:

The Shield was never an uneven show and it is one of the few dramas as of lately (last 10 to 15 years) that was consistent in its high quality throughout the series.  

It’s good that I never said that then, but said that SFU was an uneven show. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Icky
    Participant
    Topics:

Michael C Hall should have taken this both based on tape and overall season performance. I really appreciated his work in the first couple of seasons. It’s sorta weird that Chiklis won for his and the show’s weakest season. It isn’t a bad win however. He was good in a rather cheesy, messy pilot, but Hall’s performance was stronger and his episode was better and more self-assured. Chiklis gave the most Gandolfini type performance, and he wasn’t there to vote for that year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Participant
    Topics:

Sheen should have won for “Two Cathedrals,” but his performance in “Night Five” was baity, in my opinion.  That episode really fell short of my expectations and, while it’s a great episode to submit for Lead Actor, I wasn’t upset to see him lose for it.

I understand. While “Night Five” was a great episode to submit, it fell short of my expectations, as well. I expected a crying scene, an angry scene, or a riveting scene in which Jed recalls a traumatic memory about his father. Something along those lines.

ReplyCopy URL
    Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

Yes, Michael Chikis greatly earned his Emmy win for “The Shield”‘s pilot.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
Reply To: Lead Actor in a Drama Series, 2002

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.