Mark Margolis ('Better Call Saul') ineligible for 2017 Emmys?

Home // Forums // Television // Mark Margolis ('Better Call Saul') ineligible for 2017 Emmys?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
  • Marcus James Dixon
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Mark Margolis appeared in five of 10 episodes of “Better Call Saul” this season (including Monday’s Season 3 finale), which makes him ineligible for guest star status. Tom is alerting the TV academy now and is asking whether Margolis will be allowed to switch over to the supporting race or if he’ll just be removed from Emmy contention completely. Stay tuned.

Margolis earned a guest star nomination for this same role of Tio Salamanca for “Breaking Bad” in 2012. He appeared in these five episodes of “Better Call Saul” Season 3:

#304 “Sabrosito”

#306 “Off Brand”

#308 “Slip”

#309 “Fall”

#310 “Lantern”

pulp50
    Participant
    Topics:

Saw this coming after he was in promos at the end of last weeks episode. How do they mess up submissions like that?

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Participant
    Topics:

Given that Margolis submitted supporting last year when he appeared as a guest in five out of ten, I assumed that his guest submission this year meant that he would only appear in four (and eventually that the finale trailer was wrong), so this is extra strange.

ReplyCopy URL
    Marcus James Dixon
    Keymaster
    Topics:

In addition to the trailer, there are two photos on the AMC press site featuring Margolis in tonight’s finale — one standing/pointing at someone and one in the driver’s seat of a car. I guess we’ll see whether those scenes are used in the episode in a few hours! If he filmed the scenes, but they end up on the cutting room floor, he’ll still be eligible for guest.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

Just saw Mark Margolis on Better Call Saul so he is ineligible.

ReplyCopy URL
    Marcus James Dixon
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Thanks for confirming Hunterbergfeld. We are waiting to hear back from AMC and the TV academy.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Participant
    Topics:

Good job, Marcus: http://www.goldderby.com/article/2017/mark-margolis-better-call-saul-emmys-2017-amc-news

We should see “v4” of the public-facing Performers ballot uploaded soon on the Emmy website. I have “v1” saved on my computer, so I will try to go through tonight and see what else has changed, aside from Gerald McRaney.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

Good job, Marcus: http://www.goldderby.com/article/2017/mark-margolis-better-call-saul-emmys-2017-amc-news We should see “v4” of the public-facing Performers ballot uploaded soon on the Emmy website. I have “v1” saved on my computer, so I will try to go through tonight and see what else has changed, aside from Gerald McRaney.

please check if J Cameron Smith is still on their twice (once Under C and once under S) . I’m too lazy.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Participant
    Topics:

She tweeted about it. She is on the ballot only once now (with the correct punctuation).

ReplyCopy URL
    Marcus James Dixon
    Keymaster
    Topics:

What is the Gerald McRaney ballot issue you’re referring to, Riley?

ReplyCopy URL
    pulp50
    Participant
    Topics:

What is the Gerald McRaney ballot issue you’re referring to, Riley?

He was submitted for both This Is Us and House of Cards, they removed the House of Cards submission.

ReplyCopy URL
    unbb24
    Participant
    Topics:

I wonder if there will be another case like this. My gut is telling me that there is another one somewhere.

ReplyCopy URL
    Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

Shame about Margolis. He coulda been a contenda!

McRaney’s chances are far better for “This Is Us,” so I’m glad that this show will be his major Emmy push in guest actor Drama.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
Reply To: Mark Margolis ('Better Call Saul') ineligible for 2017 Emmys?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.