Home Forums Television 'Modern Family' at 2017 Emmys: How many nominations?

'Modern Family' at 2017 Emmys: How many nominations?

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
Created
12 months ago
Last Reply
11 months ago
replies
views
users
Lantzer
Riley
Tom
  • Marcus James Dixon
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Derbyites, do you think five-time Emmy winner for Best Comedy Series “Modern Family” will be back in the lineup this year? How many acting/writing/directing nominations will it receive? Let’s dish “Modern Family’s” 2017 Emmy chances in this thread!

Lantzer
    Participant
    Topics:

I think it will get in for Comedy Series and Supporting Actor for Ty Burrell. I’m not sure it will get more than that.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

One- comedy series will be its only nomination. Burell will fall out- the actors are the shows only support and even they don’t care for it anymore. I wouldn’t be shocked if it got zero. I might even predict it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tom
    Participant
    Topics:

I agree with Lantzer and possibly a return for Julie Bowen. In the guest categories Fred Willard, Kelsey Grammer and Shelley Long could be possibilities.

ReplyCopy URL
    sofan
    Participant
    Topics:

Supporting Actor and Series are possibilities but  I don’t think they are locks for anything. This could be the year where the members give up on them.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Participant
    Topics:

It got four last year.  Ty Burrell is not done yet.  It should fall out of casting for black-ish and Atlanta.  The Casting Society has already dropped it and that was with Veep ineligible.  Sound mixing could go either way.  It lost the Emmy for an episode called “The Storm” no less after winning the year before for an episode on a computer screen, so it is in decline.  Veep and Silicon Valley are definitely the top two in the category, as they are in most.  Mozart in the Jungle might be a one-time thing and black-ish is coming on strong to bump it out potentially.  But the sound mixers tend to hold onto shows long after they are relevant (Parks and Recreation, Nurse Jackie, Entourage, hell, even Modern Family when it comes to wins), so I will say that it holds on.  The big question mark might be Outstanding Comedy Series, but it still got PGA (and two of last year’s nominees got dropped), so I am going to keep predicting it.  The days of expanding are past, so I say three.

ReplyCopy URL
    Marcus James Dixon
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Any guest star potentials? Tom is smart mentioning standouts Fred Willard, Kelsey Grammer and Shelley Long.

ReplyCopy URL
    Karl Vincent
    Participant
    Topics:

Vergara and Winter for supporting.

ReplyCopy URL
    Lantzer
    Participant
    Topics:

I really enjoyed Willard, Grammar, and Long in their episodes this season, but I’m not sure they deserve a nomination. Willard and Long both have had better material in past seasons and Grammar wasn’t featured long enough in the episode and basically played a variation of Frasier Crane, but the Emmys loved Frasier so maybe he will snag a nomination. Other Guest contenders could be Nathan Fillion and Elizabeth Banks who returned in the most recent episode. She was nominated a few years back and could repeat. She had several funny moments.

ReplyCopy URL
    JB
    Participant
    Topics:

Two for sure: Comedy Series and Ty Burrell

Possible but we need to wait and see how the rest of the season plays out if you ask me…
    Guest Actor: Nathan Fillion, Kelsey Grammar
    Guest Actress: Elizabeth Banks
    Casting
    Sup Actress: Julie Bowen

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Participant
    Topics:

Any guest star potentials? Tom is smart mentioning standouts Fred Willard, Kelsey Grammer and Shelley Long.

Nathan Lane was snubbed last year, so I think that they are done getting guest stars nominated until Mel Brooks shows up as himself.

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m thinking three: Ty Burrell, Comedy Series, and Guest Actress for Banks.
    I’m personally hoping for Stonestreet though and Vergara.

ReplyCopy URL
    AayaanUpadhyaya
    Participant
    Topics:

I’ll predict a sole nomination for Burrell

ReplyCopy URL
    gatorman
    Participant
    Topics:

I think it’ll get nominations for Comedy Series and Burrell for Supporting Actor.

I’d love to see Vergara win an Emmy for playing Gloria and I think Hyland is having her best season.

Of course, after dominating the Emmy nominations the first 4-5 years it was on, it has really tailored off. I wouldn’t be surprised if got zero.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
Reply To: 'Modern Family' at 2017 Emmys: How many nominations?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.