Most Disappointing Series of 2014/15

Home // Forums // Television // Most Disappointing Series of 2014/15

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
replies
views
users
  • AMG
    Participant
    Topics:

Which show did you think was the most disappointing of the season? It could be a show which you loved last year, but this year for some reason dipped in quality. Maybe there was a new show you could not wait for, but ended up feeling let down by.

AMG
    Participant
    Topics:

For me, the most disappointing show of 2015 is Game of Thrones.

Season 4 was the best the show has ever been, with huge twists (deaths, mainly), outstanding performances (Headey, Dinklage), and I understood why this show was such a juggernaut.

This year, the series as a whole felt a little slow, and at times dare I say, dull. Yes, the final couple of episodes were great, but looking at the season as a whole it felt like it was lacking something all along compared to last year.  

ReplyCopy URL
    Icky
    Participant
    Topics:

The Good Wife would definitely top the list. 

I’d throw Orange is the New Black on there as well. The second half of season one had me thinking the series had found itself and might have special second season, but season two ran out of gas early on and was jumbled mess by the season’s end.

I’ve learned to mostly expect plodding and silly shock moments with flashes of brilliance from GoT. This was its weakest season yet, but it wasn’t signficantly worse than season four, which I found highly overrated.

ReplyCopy URL
    KyleBailey
    Participant
    Topics:

The Leftovers was a huge blow. I thought the return of Damien writing for TV was going to be as great as Lost but it just was a mess. Teen Wolf has really gone off the rails for me. It was such a fun show the first 2 seasons but not it is all tangled up in its own mythology. 

ReplyCopy URL
    moviefan61794
    Participant
    Topics:

“Scandal,” which perfected the twisty, “OMG” moments and had me dying for a new episode every week, spectacularly flew off the wagon this season, getting caught up in storylines no one cared about with stakes that seemed too outrageous or not high enough.

“American Horror Story” also fell off this season, especially with how wonderfully the theme was set up in the beginning of the season. Paulson and Wittrock were bright spots in a very flat season that didn’t have a real story. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Reis
    Participant
    Topics:

Freak Show, House of Cards and Shameless.

ReplyCopy URL
    Ryan Showers
    Participant
    Topics:

Orange is the New Black is easily my pick.

ReplyCopy URL
    zordon
    Participant
    Topics:

Scandal – they jumped the shark with tgis kidnapping storyline after such a promising start.
    Glee – used to love it, but season 6 (excpet for “2009”) was one big mess. 

ReplyCopy URL
    taloson
    Participant
    Topics:

American Horror Story: Freak Show, far and away. Never have I been so excited about a season of television beforehand to have it come crashing down in mere episodes. Even the stars like Jessica Lange, Kathy Bates and Michael Chiklis were disappointments.

ReplyCopy URL
    mikeboy898
    Participant
    Topics:

Scandal by a landslide. The first half Season 4 was actually pretty good. Had some interesting storylines with the return of Olivia’s trip with Jake and the aftermath of Fitz and Mellie’s son’s death (Bellamy Young is just fantastic in those scenes, ya’ll – don’t forget that!). But the 2nd half of the season fell SO flat it’s not even funny. The kidnapping of Olivia was so incredibly dumb and everything after that left me with such a bad taste in my mouth. Yikes. The worst batch of episodes I’ve seen all year.

AHS: Freak Show was also very disappointing after the first few episodes of the season. It makes me wonder if AHS will ever reach the peak that was Asylum? I had such high hopes for Freak Show, but it just turned into a bumbling narrative mess. Hoping Hotel doesn’t do the same come October.

House of Cards’ 3rd season wasn’t as riveting as the first 2. Spacey just isn’t doing it for me anymore. Let’s just turn HOC into the Robin Wright show, yes?

ReplyCopy URL
    CanadianFan
    Participant
    Topics:

Louie, Archer, and Community all fell flat.

Brooklyn Nine-Nine had an incredibly mediocre S2. After a very dramatic (and successful) S4, Shameless made a few big creative missteps for S5. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

“Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt”: For the high-caliber “30 Rock” talent attached to this series, the final product should have been much funnier than what it ended up being. Maybe it was the premise that wasn’t all that funny or sustainable. Ellie Kemper isn’t compelling as a lead, and Carol Kane is very grating. Only Tituss Burgess and Jane Krakowski remained relatively unscathed. Jon Hamm was a hoot too, so it wasn’t a total wash, but this wasn’t all that I was hoping to see in the end.

ReplyCopy URL
    Angie72
    Topics:

Shameless – The writing for Fiona was just frustrating.

American Horror Story – Just a mess

Scandal – Hasn’t been good since season 2.  Both the spy and triangle storylines were terrible and pointless.  Hate that they’ve made me now dread Joe Morton appearances on this show.

ReplyCopy URL
    Chavel Dion Dixon
    Topics:

For me, it was defintely Scandal. The kidnapping plot and everything dealing with B6-12 was awful and it made me dread every appearance of Joe Morton.

Another one would be Sleepy Hollow. The first season was so much fun and enjoyable and the second one was unfocused, the villains became lamer as the season progressed, and everything with Katrina was terrible. I hope with the reset in the finale it gets better, but this season was a huge letdown.

ReplyCopy URL
    KyleBailey
    Participant
    Topics:

Yeah I agree with Scandal too. I’ve enjoyed the show alot these past seasons becuase of the energy and the fast pace nature but it didn’t have alot going for it this season. Joe Morton really was the highlight of the season 

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
Reply To: Most Disappointing Series of 2014/15

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.