Most Improved Series of 2014/15

Home // Forums // Television // Most Improved Series of 2014/15

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
replies
views
users
  • AMG
    Participant
    Topics:

Which returning show improved the most compared to last season for you?

AMG
    Participant
    Topics:

It is a battle between two shows for the most improved of the season. Homeland and Looking.

Homeland had a huge resurge this season, to become one of, if not the, best Drama Series of the season. I seemed to like Season 3 more than what the general  consensus appeared to be, but even still Season 4 pushed the show back up towards Season 1 territory of greatness for me. Gripping in every episode, with outstanding performances by Danes & Patinkin. Just incredible stuff.

I liked Looking season 1, but wasn’t falling head over heels for it. Season 2 was such a great improvement, it got the character development right, and the relationship between Patrick and Kevin spot on to keep me wanting to watch every week. I am gutted that HBO decided to axe it, because I could have seen this show growing into something even better. Looking for a Plot, and the finale Looking for a Home are two of the best Comedy episodes this season for me, and the show is right up there for my favourite series of the year.  

ReplyCopy URL
    Charlie Jenkins
    Participant
    Topics:

I would say Justified. The series has always been top notch, but season 5 took a significant step back. Ava’s story took too much time away from the show and ultimately went nowhere, and the Florida Crowes weren’t very interesting.

Season 6 became one of the best string of episodes this year, so maybe they just needed a set-up.

ReplyCopy URL
    KyleBailey
    Participant
    Topics:

I would have to say Glee did a good job after the hurdle of the 5th season and the left turn of Cory Monteith’s death right before the season was going to start filming. It was really rough Season 5 but understandable but I think they really thought the final season out well. Was it the best season? No. But it was an improvement to the 5th 

ReplyCopy URL
    moviefan61794
    Participant
    Topics:

Certainly this season of “Homeland” is the most improved across all genres.

I found “Silicon Valley” to be much better in season two than season one, although I still am not a huge fan of the show. 

Also, “New Girl” rebounded, although not to the heights of the first two seasons. Season three was kind of a mess, and season four got back to the roots of the show to some degree.  

ReplyCopy URL
    Reis
    Participant
    Topics:

Homeland, Silicon Valley, Masters of Sex, The Comeback and The Walking Dead.

ReplyCopy URL
    CanadianFan
    Participant
    Topics:

Homeland and Looking.

ReplyCopy URL
    mikeboy898
    Participant
    Topics:

Homeland without a doubt. Back to the basics of the show and it absolutely worked. Danes and Patinkin put forth some of their greatest performances. The storytelling was edge-of-your-seat greatness with nearly every episode.

The Walking Dead was incredible in its 5th season. Every episode was like a mini-movie. Perfect balance of quiet character building and suspenseful, gory storytelling. Just loved it.

Silicon Valley was great in its 1st season, but even BETTER in its 2nd, which is saying a lot. It was one of the funniest seasons of comedy on the air this year.

I also agree about New Girl. While Season 3 wasn’t as bad as many said it was, Season 4 was back to being consistently great and had a few episodes that should win awards, they were that good (“Landline” immediately comes to mind!)

ReplyCopy URL
    DingbatHauteur
    Topics:

I would say Downton Abbey. Season 5 was ten times better than Season 4. It was Downton back to its old glory and Episodes 5.8. and The Christmas special (A Moorland Holiday) were amazing.

ReplyCopy URL
    Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

“Homeland”: It more than rebounded in its fourth season and fully earned back its slot in Drama Series.

ReplyCopy URL
    DominicCobb
    Participant
    Topics:

I know it’s not saying much, but The Walking Dead had its best year since season 1.

ReplyCopy URL
    Reis
    Participant
    Topics:

I forgott Downton Abbey. Season Five bring back the usual quality we saw in the first season, and with this I fall in love for the series again.

ReplyCopy URL
    BenitoDelicias
    Participant
    Topics:

For me, the winner is obviously The Mindy Project. It was really really REALLY good this past season. They still maintained their huge issue with the other women in the cast and Jeremy, but they had some outstanding episodes, great comedy and adding Rhea Perlman (and of course, Dot) was excellent.

New Girl did a great job. Homeland did a better job in season 4 but the finale wasn’t that great. 

ReplyCopy URL
    FrozenBarbie
    Participant
    Topics:

Homeland, number one.  Justified (always loved Justified, but I like to pretend season five never happened).  And Silicon Valley. I’d add Rectify, but its first season was pretty damn good, too.

ReplyCopy URL
    Noé
    Participant
    Topics:

I also agree about New Girl. While Season 3 wasn’t as bad as many said it was, Season 4 was back to being consistently great and had a few episodes that should win awards, they were that good (“Landline” immediately comes to mind!)

Yeah. I was also surprised by New Girl this season. Improved and consistent and with some strong episodes to fight other comedies with much more buzz and much less quality.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
Reply To: Most Improved Series of 2014/15

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.