Home Forums Television MY 2012 Emmy Nomination Predictions!

MY 2012 Emmy Nomination Predictions!

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)
Created
6 years ago
Last Reply
6 years ago
replies
views
users
  • Alijah Purdy
    Participant
    Topics:

I did it last year with the Emmy’s, and I predicted 69% of the acting nominees correct!!!

Well, I enjoyed it so much that I have returned, and am going to be doing it all year long!

Once we get later in the year I will add the supporting acting categories for Miniseries/TV movie to this list.

These will definitely change over time, as some of the shows listed on here have not even premiered yet. That means some of these nominees are based on name only (you will see which ones).

So, go look and tell me what you think. Who/What should I add? Who/What should I take away? Who/What should move up/down?

http://2012emmys.blogspot.com/2011/10/my-early-2012-emmy-nomination.html

***You will have to copy the link above and paste it in ur browser***

Alijah Purdy
    Participant
    Topics:

Updates have been made to the predictions, with pictures now added for all categories!!

ReplyCopy URL
    James Coughlin
    Participant
    Topics:

Wow some of those choices are ridiculous. You do know Sean Bean’s character on Game of Thrones is dead.

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.

ReplyCopy URL
    Alijah Purdy
    Participant
    Topics:

@gambit

That is why I ask for opinions about my predictions. Specifically who I should add/take away. Since many of these shows, especially the miniseries/TV movies, have not premiered yet, alot of these predictions are based on name only.

ReplyCopy URL
    TV12
    Participant
    Topics:

I’ll give you some pointers, if that’s okay:

1) Remove Glee from everything. It’s funny how the only one who has a chance, Jane Lynch, isn’t in your top predictions.

2) Joel McHale is hilarious on Community but the Emmys will never figure that out. Especially if it gets canceled, which, sadly, is inevitable.

3) The Emmys only love one CBS show (The Good Wife) and I don’t see that changing. You could replace Michael Emerson with Damian Lewis. I have a feeling the Emmys will drool over Homeland, which they should be because it is fantastic.

4) The Golden Globes are going to have a party in their pants over American Horror Story, but it doesn’t look like Emmy material (except Jessica Lange, because they’re slaves for movie stars even if they’re old). Connie Britton’s spot should probably go to someone good, like Katey Sagal, but expect Mariska Hargitay to take it.

5) Love your supporting actor, though Patinkin or Esposito could knock off Slattery, who will probably never win 🙁

6) I don’t know about Smash, but if it is good quality, Huston will make it. If not, Homeland takes the spot (Morena Baccarin).

ReplyCopy URL
    Denis
    Participant
    Topics:

I did it last year with the Emmy’s, and I predicted 69% of the acting nominees correct!!!

So, go look and tell me what you think. Who/What should I add? Who/What should I take away? Who/What should move up/down?

if u are predicting, wasn’t that supposed to be your opinion? just saying…

Btw, I think Michael Emerson will not get any love from voters for his role in POI.

ReplyCopy URL
    Alijah Purdy
    Participant
    Topics:

@Tuckertv

It is perfectly ok for you to give me some pointers. In fact that is why I do these. I love to get everyone’s input, because if it weren’t for the advice of others, I wouldn’t get a single nominee right come Emmy time. lol

ReplyCopy URL
    Alijah Purdy
    Participant
    Topics:

[quote=”thesmartone”]I did it last year with the Emmy’s, and I predicted 69% of the acting nominees correct!!!

if u are predicting, wasn’t that supposed to be your opinion? just saying…

Btw, I think Michael Emerson will not get any love from voters for his role in POI.[/quote]

Yes, but I like to get other people’s opinion as well.

ReplyCopy URL
    bryan9
    Topics:

You’re best comedy predictions- at least the last four- are pretty ridiculous imo.  I can’t, under any circumstance, understand how Two and Half Men, Family Guy, Desperate Housewives, or Whitney have a better chance than The Middle, Cougar Town, Suburgatory, Two Broke Girls, Happy Endings, or How I Met Your Mother.  I think The Middle has a good chance of finally sneaking in to some category, if not best comedy.  I’d love to hear your logic on why you chose the choices you did over some of the shows I mentioned 🙂

ReplyCopy URL
    Trent
    Topics:

1. Glee will not get into any category other than supporting actress.

2. Adam Scott should be much higher up. Jon Cryer may go lead.

3. Maya Rudolph isn’t that secure. Neither is Christina Applegate or Zooey Deschanel. New shows should never be in #1-3 because you never know how the academy will react to it. Unless it’s a veteran actor (Jessica Lange) or Homeland.

4. Tim Allen has no shot.

ReplyCopy URL
    Teproc
    Participant
    Topics:

Comedy Series : I feel like you underestimate Raising Hope’s chances, since the show did get nods this year, but I agree overall.
    Comedy Lead Actor : I think LeBlanc and Galecki make it over Arnett and McHale, but I could see things going that way too. Not sure about Arnett though, I don’t think Emmy voters love him and he’s only ok on Up All Night. Emmy voters love shows about the industry, so LeBlanc seems very likely to make it in again to me. I also think Ed Helms and Rob Lowe are possibilities for those two spots, much more than Allen or Morrison.
    Comedy Lead Actress : Sure, except you don’t mention Kaley Cuoco which is somewhere in there, but not likely to be nominated.
    Comedy Supporting Actor : I think Jake Johnson/Max Greenfield have a decent shot if they like New Girl, not sure if they’ll ever nominate Offerman but one can hope I guess.
    Comedy Supporting Actress : Maya Rudolph, really ? I understand that she’s a name, but she’s so awful on her show that I don’t see it.
    Drama Series : Yep.
    Drama Lead Actor : I think Lewis’s performance is good enough, and that Emmy voters will love Homeland (with good reason), so he’ll make it in, probabyl over Olyphant. Emerson is not making it for a procedural, Buscemi will though, especially since Boardwalk is getting better.
    Drama Lead Actress : Yep. Are we sure Anna Gunn is submitting as Lead, btw ? Not that she’ll get nominated, but I thought she went supporting in the past few years.
    Drama Supporting Actor : Pretty sure Patinkin makes it, because, again, they will want to reward Homeland, and his performance is very good. Over one of the Good WIfe guys, presumably, probably Charles. Michael Pitt is also a possibility, I was very surprised that he wasnn’t nominated this year.
    Drama Supporting Actress : Again, I see Baccarin much higher than you do, although she’s the least likely of the four Homeland performers to be nominated. Macdonald is a close call, but I can’t really say, since I don’t watch The Good Wife or Damages.

TL; DR : I think you underestimate the chances of the Homeland guys, and overestimate the non-Applegate Up All Night performers.

ReplyCopy URL
    Alijah Purdy
    Participant
    Topics:

You’re best comedy predictions- at least the last four- are pretty ridiculous imo.  I can’t, under any circumstance, understand how Two and Half Men, Family Guy, Desperate Housewives, or Whitney have a better chance than The Middle, Cougar Town, Suburgatory, Two Broke Girls, Happy Endings, or How I Met Your Mother.  I think The Middle has a good chance of finally sneaking in to some category, if not best comedy.  I’d love to hear your logic on why you chose the choices you did over some of the shows I mentioned 🙂

To be completely honest, and I am willing to admit stupidity, those shows SOMEHOW totally slipped my  mind when I made these predictions !!! I am going to update the whole page  right now !!! lol

ReplyCopy URL
    Alijah Purdy
    Participant
    Topics:

ALOT of updates have been made to the predictions !!

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

Compared to some of your choices last year this isn’t that bad, despite there being two or three shows/actors placed either way too high or way too low in every category.

ReplyCopy URL
    Alijah Purdy
    Participant
    Topics:

Compared to some of your choices last year this isn’t that bad, despite there being two or three shows/actors placed either way too high or way too low in every category.

Thank you ? lol

Anyway, I would love to hear your opinion about the “two or three shows/actors placed either too high or way too low in every category”

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.