Home Forums Television My 2013 Emmy Predictions!!!

My 2013 Emmy Predictions!!!

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 55 total)
Created
5 years ago
Last Reply
5 years ago
replies
views
users
  • Alijah Purdy
    Participant
    Topics:

For the third year in a row, I am back with my own blog featuring my nomination predictions for the 2013 Primetime Emmy Awards.

In 2011, I predicted 69% of the nominees, and in 2012, I predicted 64% of the nominees. So I am back again, hoping to make it above that 70 percent mark. (lol)

Due to changes that have been made to the website I use, this blog looks much different (and I think much better) than my previous two.

Anyway, use the link below to go check them out and tell me what you think. I will be updating this throughout the year as we get closer and closer to the nomination announcements for the 2013 Primetime Emmy Awards.

As always, your reactions are warranted and greatly-appreciated. Also, I thrive on advice from you all as to who to add, take away, put higher, put lower, etc.

Go check them out and let me know what you think!!!

2013emmys.blogspot.com

Tom_Scavo
    Participant
    Topics:

In the Drama supp. Actress category I’d replace Vanessa Williams with Lena Headey. No way Williams is gonna get nominated…

ReplyCopy URL
    Choice Chayawat
    Participant
    Topics:

Hayden Panettiere at no.3?
    And I don’t think The New Normal is that well-received, and it doesn’t have the kind of buzz Glee had in its first year.

ReplyCopy URL
    A Person
    Participant
    Topics:

The New Normal is not getting in.  It is not the new Glee in any respect whatsoever other than being a Ryan Murphy show.  Glee was a big hit and an inescapable cultural phenomenon, love it or hate it everyone was talking about that show.  In addition, it was far more critically acclaimed in its first season, boasting a 78 score on Metacritic to TNN’s 60.  

ReplyCopy URL
    Alijah Purdy
    Participant
    Topics:

Okay. If The New Normal is not getting in, who do you all think is going to take that 6th slot?

With all of the buzz it had last season, the fact that Louie still wasn’t able to get in, IMO, means it wont this year. Parks & Recreation, I believe, it out for good. Girls could get in, but alot of people had backlash for how much love it got at the Emmy’s in terms of nominations last year.

So, what else do you think could get in?

ReplyCopy URL
    A Person
    Participant
    Topics:

Girls didn’t have backlash because of the Emmy nominations, Girls had backlash against it since before it even started airing and it still did well with nominations.  As of right now I’d say it’s pretty safe.  If it has a poor second season, then it should get dropped but for now it has to be comfortably in there.  

I also think you’re underrating New Girl a bit as a contender.  It had to have been close last year (two acting nominations and a directing nomination) and by all indications it’s been having a strong second season.  It’s not the ratings smash it was when it premiered but it gets very good demo numbers and still has good buzz.  

ReplyCopy URL
    Alijah Purdy
    Participant
    Topics:

The site has been updated. Many new categories have received changes. Go check them out and let me know what you think!

ReplyCopy URL
    A Person
    Participant
    Topics:

Let me try and make some observations for Drama since I touched on Comedy last go-round .

– The Newsroom is too high across the board.  Honestly, that show isn’t going to get anything except Jane Fonda in Guest, same as how Studio 60 just got John Goodman and Eli Wallach in Guest.

– Lizzy Caplan is going to be a lead on Masters of Sex.

– Hayden Panetierre being ranked as more likely than Anna Gunn and Christina Hendricks is ridiculous, especially if you have Nashville at no.15 for Drama Series.  For her to have a shot the show needs to be either in Series or very close to it.

– Michael C. Hall at 12 is too low.  If he stayed in for the universally hated Season 6, then he will most likely still be in for the much better received Season 7.

However, on the positive side of things:

– I like the Panjabi drop.  I do think she’s done this year, the only reason I have her in my most recent top six is because I’m not sure who is replacing her yet.

– I like the Buscemi drop even though I’m not predicting it, I think it is a possibility.

– I agree with you that Downton is going to go down in acting nominations quite a bit.  I still have Froggatt in but on the bubble along with Panjabi and to a lesser extent Baranski.  Smith is obviously safe and Dockery will probably stay in.

ReplyCopy URL
    Leeman
    Participant
    Topics:

I would put Archie back in , as her storyline is very juicy this season , and a combination of that and absoulte love of the character , I think she gets in. 

Arrested Development will get in comedy , however could it be submitted like Upstairs , Downstairs go in movie and miniseries ?  

ReplyCopy URL
    Laactingnyc
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t want to seem like a crazy fan but…… putting Betty White at #14 is just crazy…. 

Kaley Cuaco
    Cloris Leachman
    Lily Tomlin
    Julie White
    and Casey wilson are all above her.

She might have been snubbed laast year but now that Joosten and Wiig are out ( and in my opninion Weaver and possibly Bialik might be out as well ) there are like 3-4 spots that anyone could take. Betty will probablt get one of those spots. And i hope she does along with Krakowski.

and i would also move up Jane Lynch who is at #17. Lots of people say that Glee has improved this season. ( i don’t think it will make ahuge comeback ) but i could see Lynch being nominated. And if she isn’t she shouldn’t be anywhere below #10. And Wendie Malick needs to be moved up as well ( but that is just wishful thinking )

And nene Leekes? #18? She is a HORRIBLE ACTRESS!!!!

ReplyCopy URL
    FEDEclown
    Topics:

^^ If Betty White couldn’t get nominated this year over Mayim Bialik and Merritt Weaver then she won’t be nominated next year. Expecially If you count the fact that there are new people from new shows that are in the mix. Also, her character on Hot in Cleveland is awful and doesn’t do anything awards worthy.

Wendie Malick is the one who deserves to be nominated but she won’t because she’s against Betty White in the same show and that’s just stupid.

ReplyCopy URL
    FEDEclown
    Topics:

Why is The Big C in the Mini/TV Movie categories??

ReplyCopy URL
    Alijah Purdy
    Participant
    Topics:

Why is The Big C in the Mini/TV Movie categories??

Because, for the upcoming season, each episode will be an hour in length (instead of 30 minutes), and there will be 4 hour long episodes.

To the best of my knowledge (however it may be different since it has previously contended in series), that makes it ineligible for Outstanding Comedy Series, which has a mandatory 6 episode rule.

So unless they choose not to submit the series at all this upcoming year, it will most likely be submitted as a miniseries.

ReplyCopy URL
    Raylan
    Topics:

– Happy Endings at #17, what is this nonsense?!?!?!?!?
    – i agree with A Person that TNN isn’t getting in, i wouldn’t count out P&R
    – I like Matthew Perry but i don’t think he will get in for Go On which i don’t find very funny.
    – I don’t get the buzz around Mindy Kaling

ReplyCopy URL
    Alijah Purdy
    Participant
    Topics:

The site has been updated, and the guest acting categories have been added. Go check them out and let me know what you think

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 55 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.