Home Forums Television My 2016 Emmy Predictions: Good Or Bad?

My 2016 Emmy Predictions: Good Or Bad?

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
replies
views
users
  • Alex Meyer
    Participant
    Topics:

My 2016 Emmy Predictions: Good Or Bad?

Here are my official Emmy predictions for this year. Let me know if you think I’m right or way off track.

Comedy Series: Veep

Comedy Actress: Julia Louis-Dreyfus—Veep

Comedy Actor: Jeffrey Tambor—Transparent

Comedy Supporting Actress: Allison Janney—Mom

Comedy Supporting Actor: Tony Hale—Veep

Comedy Guest Actress: Tina Fey & Amy Poehler—Saturday Night Live

Comedy Guest Actor: Larry David—Saturday Night Live

Comedy Directing: Veep “Mother”

Comedy Writing: Veep “Mother”

Drama Series: Game Of Thrones

Drama Actress: Viola Davis—How To Get Away With Murder

Drama Actor: Kevin Spacey—House Of Cards

Drama Supporting Actress: Lena Headey—Game Of Thrones

Drama Supporting Actor: Kit Harington—Game Of Thrones

Drama Guest Actress: Ellen Burstyn—House Of Cards

Drama Guest Actor: Max Von Sydow—Game Of Thrones

Drama Directing: Game Of Thrones “Battle Of The Bastards”

Drama Writing: Mr. Robot “eps1.0_hellofriend.mov”

Limited Series: The People V. O.J. Simpson

TV Movie: All The Way

Movie/Mini Actress: Sarah Paulson—The People V. O.J. Simpson

Movie/Mini Actor: Courtney B. Vance—The People V. O.J. Simpson

Movie/Mini Supporting Actress: Jean Smart—Fargo

Movie/Mini Supporting Actor: Sterling K. Brown—The People V. O.J. Simpson

Movie/Mini Directing: The People V. O.J. Simpson “From The Ashes Of Tragedy”

Movie/Mini Writing: The People V. O.J. Simpson “Marcia, Marcia, Marcia”

Reality Host: Ryan Seacrest—American Idol

Reality Competition Program: The Voice

Variety Talk Series: Last Week Tonight With John Oliver

Variety Sketch Series: Inside Amy Schumer

Variety Series Directing: Saturday Night Live “Hosts: Tina Fey & Amy Poehler”

Variety Series Writing: Last Week Tonight With John Oliver

Variety Special Directing: Grease: Live

Variety Special Writing: Amy Schumer: Live At The Apollo

Variety Special: Lemonade

Special Class Program: Grease: Live

• This topic was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by  Alex Meyer.
    Anonymous
    Topics:

It’s not bad, but it’s generic. Almost all of them are safe bets and frontrunners. It’s not your fault, I really hope that we can be surprised this year at the emmy’s.

ReplyCopy URL
    Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

REALLY good overall, I’m personally predicting Viola to repeat for Drama Actress, but that category is such a toss-up and I’ve predicted Robin Wright the PAST 2 YEARS and I’m tired of thinking she can pull off a win. Honestly, House of Cards in general has seemed more and more lately like the Emmy Drama equivalent of Modern Family, in that I don’t think that many TV Academy voters watch the show anymore, they just mark off so many of the cast and series as “filler” nominees. Lazy rubber-stamping, did even Mahershala Ali himself think he was Emmy-worthy this season?! I honestly doubt it.

Oh, and I don’t think Mr. Robot will win writing, I even think Rami Malek could lose to Spacey! The alleged Mr. Robot S2 “sophomore slump” can’t help his chances in such a tight race. And don’t forget how under this popularity vote Emmy system both Better Call Saul and Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt got completely shut out last year, in spite of having 7 nominations each, including series bids. I could easily see Mr. Robot suffering the same fate, it has just 6 nominations, with not even a sole Directing nomination or nod for Critics Choice and Globe winner Christian Slater! Maybe they like it enough to nominate it, but they don’t LOVE it enough to give any big Awards.

I honestly am convinced Spacey is FAR more likely to win than Robin Wright, both him and Viola have been the SAG TV Drama winners for the past 2 years. Plus, Emmy voters love repeats, and none of Spacey’s fellow nominees have won for their shows before, whereas Wright has to contend with last year’s reigning champ Viola Davis!

Just my thoughts. 🙂

ReplyCopy URL
    GusCruz
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m pretty sure that OJ isn’t winning both Writing and Directing. At best, only one of them (probably Directing, since the vote splitting in Writing will be hard to overcome).

ReplyCopy URL
    Alex Meyer
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s not bad, but it’s generic. Almost all of them are safe bets and frontrunners. It’s not your fault, I really hope that we can be surprised this year at the emmy’s.

I try to be the one who gets all or most of my predictions right.

ReplyCopy URL
    Alex Meyer
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m pretty sure that OJ isn’t winning both Writing and Directing. At best, only one of them (probably Directing, since the vote splitting in Writing will be hard to overcome).

I disagree. The People V. O.J. Simpson was such a phenomenon that it will be hard for voters to overlook all the nominees in both categories.

ReplyCopy URL
    GusCruz
    Participant
    Topics:

I disagree. The People V. O.J. Simpson was such a phenomenon that it will be hard for voters to overlook all the nominees in both categories.

The show could have the majority of votes and still lose, especially when it doesn’t have one episode that stands out, which is the case.

ReplyCopy URL
    Alex Meyer
    Participant
    Topics:

I still think one of them can win.

ReplyCopy URL
    DS0816
    Participant
    Topics:

My 2016 Emmy Predictions: Good Or Bad?

Here are my official Emmy predictions for this year. Let me know if you think I’m right or way off track.

Comedy Series: Veep

Comedy Actress: Julia Louis-Dreyfus—Veep

Comedy Actor: Jeffrey Tambor—Transparent

Comedy Supporting Actress: Allison Janney—Mom

Comedy Supporting Actor: Tony Hale—Veep

I’m not immediately recalling … but has there been one year’s lead and supporting winners, from any genre, all repeat at the same time in another year?

The lead and supporting predictions, in comedy, all won last year.

If the answer to my first paragraph’s question is no … I would let at least one of those four go.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by  DS0816.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Alex Meyer
    Participant
    Topics:

My guess is they will all repeat this year thanks to stellar episode submissions.

ReplyCopy URL
    Alex Meyer
    Participant
    Topics:

Well, like last year, I did a terrible job predicting the guest acting winners. My only correct prediction was Tina Fey & Amy Poehler.

ReplyCopy URL
    GusCruz
    Participant
    Topics:

Well, like last year, I did a terrible job predicting the guest acting winners. My only correct prediction was Tina Fey & Amy Poehler.

That’s what you’re always gonna get at the Emmys if you don’t take some chances.

ReplyCopy URL
    Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

@GusCruz I’m pretty sure that OJ isn’t winning both Writing and Directing. At best, only one of them (probably Directing, since the vote splitting in Writing will be hard to overcome).

@alexmeyer I disagree. The People V. O.J. Simpson was such a phenomenon that it will be hard for voters to overlook all the nominees in both categories.

@GusCruz The show could have the majority of votes and still lose, especially when it doesn’t have one episode that stands out, which is the case.

@Teridax Not true, Ryan Murphy’s stellar premiere (From The Ashes of Tragedy) and D.V. Devincentis “apologies for name-butchering!” (Marica, Marcia, Marcia) are easy standouts in Directing and Writing as far as EPISODES are concerned.

However, I think Emmy voters will go for the showrunners Scott and Larry for (Ashes) in Writing, seeing that episodes don’t matter anymore. Just look at Game of Thrones winning for “Mother’s Mercy”, nobody watched that and seriously said, “yep that was the best written TV Drama episode of the year!” I wholeheartedly assure you, nobody freaking said that, not over the Mad Men finale or if you were underwhelmed by (Person to Person) then (Five-O) from Better Call Saul.

ReplyCopy URL
    jf123
    Participant
    Topics:

Ryan Murphy is the least likely out of the three OJ directors to win directing. His direction was the most polarizing out of the three. It’s The Normal Heart all over again

ReplyCopy URL
    Alex Meyer
    Participant
    Topics:

That’s what you’re always gonna get at the Emmys if you don’t take some chances.

I am taking a few chances with some bold predictions, such as Transparent “Man On The Land” for Comedy Directing, Ryan Seacrest for Reality Competition Host, Kevin Spacey for Drama Lead Actor, and The People V. O.J. Simpson “Marcia, Marcia, Marcia” for Limited Series/Movie Writing.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.