( +3 hidden )
July 3, 2015 at 10:23 am #352117
Who wants to go first? Oh, please be cruel … and explain your picks, too. We want to read your rants.July 3, 2015 at 11:13 am #352119
Is it OK if I say the cast of The Big Bang Theory?
On the other hand, I find that show so unfunny, even if my favourite actors were in it, I would find them annoying.July 3, 2015 at 12:44 pm #352120
Of all time or of the past season? If it’s all time then French Stewart would be high up there.
From the past season I would have to say Jemima Kirke from Girls. It’s not so much her acting that’s the problem, I guess, but that her character, Jessa Johansson, is irredeemably awful and she’s only gotten worse over time with her actions in the fourth season being incredibly annoying and malevolent.
An (dis)honorable mention goes to Julianna Margulies and the creators of The Good Wife for the “never the twain shall meet” silliness of the sixth season.July 3, 2015 at 1:23 pm #352121
Allison Janney on Mom…that whole show is a mess to me…I gave it a shot once and watched an episode in which her character talked like her ex and was moving her crotch around…#emmymaterialJuly 3, 2015 at 1:28 pm #352122
1. Tituss Burgess or however you write his name. UN-BEAR-ABLE. His characters over the top-ness is cringe worthy, as well as his performance. Actually, I don´t know if I hate the performance because of the character or the character because of the performance. Its just painful to watch.
2. Kunal Nayyar. I CAN NOT believe his character hasn´t been either killed of or send off yet. He does not fit, never belongs, and the poor attempts to fit him into the group and storylines are just as sad as the attempts on that other guy Stuart. KILL RASH.
Those are the only ones I really loathe, the rest I had to actually think, and don´t really hate.
3. Half the cast of Girls. I dont hate Lena Dunhams character at all, I mean, she is supposed to be that way and people are supposed to be annoyed by her persona, thats how she´s written, but she is annoying sometimes. Allison Williams as Marny, pfff, this season she wasn´t as much of an idiot as before, but she is so annoyingly idiotic.
4. That guy Tedddy from Nashville.
5. Taylor Schilling is pretty annoying sometimes, but I love the show so much and she fades among that cast that I´ve never minded. And I stil like her character, just not nearly as much as everyone else there.
6. I am just so annoyed by Nestor Carbonell in Bates Motel as well. I haven´t watched the thrid season, but in the previous ones I just feel like punching him every time he is on screen.
If you asked me this last year, TJ Miller would´ve topped this list, but this year I grew very fond of his character and performance.
Show I haven´t watched in about 3 years, but I stopped watching because I couldn´t stand literally every character on it: Two and a Half Men and Greys Anatomy.July 3, 2015 at 2:56 pm #352123
Julianna Margulies is so annoying in The Good Wife.July 3, 2015 at 3:45 pm #352124
1. Chad Michael Murray- squinting your eyes is not how you properly convey emotions!
2. Joe Morton- there’s no scenery left after he chrews through it!
3. Alexis Bledel- Her crying scenes were the worst.. could they not give the girl eyedrops?!
4. Ian Somerholder- bulging your eyes does not convey emotions either!
5. Jennifer Garner- she always looks like she’s on the brink of crying. So slappable!July 3, 2015 at 4:25 pm #352125
Are we talking about characters or actors because that makes a huge difference.
Katherine Heigl is by far the most obnoxious tv actor of the past 20 years for obvious reasons.
In terms of acting I have found everything Will Forte does to be dreadful. I hated him on SNL and he has ruined Last Man on Earth for me.
In terms of specific characters I find Norman from Bates Motel to be grating but I really like Freddie Highmore.July 5, 2015 at 1:15 pm #352126
I gotta go with Lena Dunham and pretty much the entire cast of “Girls”. Its not just that the characters they play are insufferable bores who lack any perspective on life; its that the actresses playing them are pretentious and snotty in interviews and seem to be always on the defensive when given even the most minor constructive critcism. This is not limited to the main four girls either, but every male on the show is either a total creep or a completely spineless whimp. These characters hardly seem based in any reality at all.
Eric Stonestreet from Modern Family: Look, I’m a pretty flamboyant gay man myself, but he just drives me insane. His character, Cameron overreacts to nearly everything and is clearly a very self-involved person. Eric himself comes across as very uncomfortable in interviews, constantly reminding everybody he is straight…
Hayden Panettiere or whatever her name is, that blond trashy chick from Nashville. Anytime I’ve seen her on-screen her voice drives me up the wall, and she comes across as really arrogant in interviews.
Claire Danes—She just comes across as wholly self-absorbed, unlikeable and bossy. A really vapid, self-possesed starlet who seems far too impressed with herself.
Melissa Rauch from The Big Bang Theory… Perhaps it is more her character of Bernadette, but anytime I see this woman on TV, I want to switch the channel as quickly as possible.
Anthony Anderson from Black-ish, although I love the show, he has always really annoyed me. He plays every scene so over the top and seems to always be screaming at the top of his lungs, in his annoying nasally voice.
Now, moving onto a few from older or less current series:
Literally every character on Everybody Loves Raymond…. Each one was more unlikeable than the next. Patricia Heaton came across as a humorless shrew, Doris Roberts as a overbearing nutcase, Ray Romano as a brainless whimp, Brad Garrett as a whiny, man-child and Peter Boyle as a classless jerk.
Jennie Garth from Beverly Hills, 90210… I can’t specify why, but I’ve jus always found her irritating.July 5, 2015 at 2:23 pm #352127
Naya Rivera is so annoying on Glee and I am a die hard Glee fan. She made me want to rip my hair out with her annoyance she brought to most scenes. And her voice only works for certain songs like Amy Winehouse songs.
TJ Miller just eats, does drugs, and doesn’t bathe on Silicon Valley what kind of acting is that?
The red head on Scandal has rubbed me the wrong way a lot
I like Girls but Lena Dunham is annoying on that show. I think it is deliberate but she goes beyond some of the other actors. Like I like Allison Williams character even though she can do stupid things but Lena just is in the way all the time
It might not count since it is a Variety series but Kate McKinnon and Kyle Mooney both on SNL are annoying. Kate plays the same damn character with the same accent and Kyle just isn’t funny at allJuly 6, 2015 at 1:10 am #352128
Tony Goldwyn is annoying me more and more on Scandal. He has always scowled his was through the episodes but it is just getting unbearable. But Kerry Washington and Bellamy Young keep me watching.July 6, 2015 at 5:58 am #352129
Matthew Morrison – Glee: I was never able to handle his singing or his musical performances. Whenever Mr Schuester kind of maybe sort of looked like he would start singing I would grab the remote and fast forward the whole thing, I only pressed play again once: When he suddenly started doing the Bye Bye Bye choreography and I just had to see it to believe he was doing that particular song against a student.
Jennifer Coolidge – 2 Broke Girls: starting with her entrances to her first scenes which for some stupid reason somebody decided deserved an applause from the crowd in each episode, to her entire performance, she’s the worst part of the show. And like I’ve said before, Coolidge has been so much better in other things and somebody should’ve corrected this performance and changed things like they did with, say, Megan Mullally on Will & Grace.
Melissa Rauch – The Big Bang Theory: Bernadette used to be a 100% funny character, but that one time during each episode when she gets mad and starts “screaming” is the most annoying sound on television. When she talks back to people with her super upset, be super scared of me stare and voice makes me want to stop watching the show forever.
Norman Reedus – The Walking Dead: The hair. Period. I just don’t get it. I don’t get why the character has this hair, I don’t get why Reedus has this hair. It’s not the 80’s, the 90’s, he’s not in a soft rock band, he’s not Joe Jonas in the early days. Daryl has had enough chances to cut his hair so that’s not an excuse and he’s fucking 46 years old. He looks ridiculous. This placement is as silly as the last one on this list, but that’s what “annoying” means, silly things that bother you. I can’t wait for the moment a “walker” comes in and takes him by the hair and to save him Michonne cuts it with the sword.
There’s a thread about shows that could potentially fill an Emmy category on their own, it kind of looks like thanks to the writers, Scandal can fill this category up. I can’t believe I’m leaving Joe Morton and Cyrus out but….
-Guillermo Diaz – Scandal: his extremely dramatic moments are so extreme that they just look bad. He’s so over the top and turns into the worst actor on the show when Hawk starts loosing his shit that it makes Joe Morton’s speeches look subtle and short.
-Darby Stanchfield: starting with her awful, awful, AWFUL name, this woman has been the worst and most useless character on the show. She’s a terrible actress most of the time, and her role has been reduced to nothing. And that fucking name…
July 6, 2015 at 7:12 am #352130
JAMES SPADER – so transparently hammy in pretty much all of his TV roles. The fact that he’s won so many Emmys is… yikes.July 6, 2015 at 9:05 am #352131
The adult children on “Transparent” they make it hard to watch that show. I hope for season 2 they’ve grown-up and aren’t as self-centered or there is a horrific car wrek to get rid of them. Who knew two beloved tv actors Light and Tambor would create such awful human beings just when you think they might have a redeeming moment they raise the bar on their selfishness.
Otherwise the girls of “Girls” I was also recently their age and they make me look sane and normal by comparison. I’ve always felt the show needed one of them to have a solid legitimate career. I wouldn’t normally use “Sex and the City” as an example but Miranda was a lawyer. These four seem to be headed for a life time of being unemployed.July 6, 2015 at 12:22 pm #352132
1. Matthew Morrison on Glee. The show has been off the air for six months and he still grates on me. I hope he enjoyed cashing his checks, because he did nothing exceptional on the show. Every freakin episode was the same–“Here’s this week’s theme.” “What have we learned from this week?” “Watch me Rap, badly.”
2. Lea Michele on Glee: Holy craptastic annoying character! What an amazingly unrealistic character, made only more annoying by an even more annoying actor. No wonder Jessica Lange walked right past her!! I would have been happier if Jessica Lange body checked her!
3. Will Arnett: I have never found him funny in anything…EVER.
4. The entire cast of Girls. Never liked this show…never laughed. Never seen a larger collection of unlikeable people on television.
5. Ellen Pompeo of Grey’s Anatomy: I’ll just say this…they killed off the least annoying half of the most annoying couple on television.
6. LL Cool J: Who decided that he could anchor a TV show? He has the gravitas of a linebacker and the charisma of a wotter bottle.
Honorable Mentions…or not.
Sean Hayes: I know his show got cancelled…but he still annoys me. The first three seasons of Will and Grace showed Hayes giving his over-the-top character some nuance. But Hayes proved he has very little else to give. Even Sean Saves the World didn’t give us a much different character. That, and he has an inflated ego about his role in the gay rights movement. If he had been out and proud when the show was on, maybe I’d respect him a bit more.
6. David Caruso: I know he’s not on TV right now…but come on. His level of annoying has to last beyond CSI Miami.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.