Home Forums Television Non-Deserving Frontrunners 2014

Non-Deserving Frontrunners 2014

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Created
4 years ago
Last Reply
4 years ago
replies
views
users
Words Count
Riley
probablyROB
  • Tom_Scavo
    Participant
    Topics:

Which shows/performances in this year’s Emmy race do you think don’t deserve the highly likely nomination? Whose nom will only happen because of name recongnition or out of voters’ lazyness?

I wanna make clear that this topic is only about the performances of the people, and not the people itself, whose work is obviously still good, otherwise they wouldn’t be in contention for such an Award. But is it as good as most of the people think?

Here’s what I think:

-American Horror Story: Coven only deserves nominations for Jessica Lange, Kathy Bates and Angela Bassett. It DOES NOT deserve a nomination for Mini-Series, because frankly, this season was just a hot mess.

Edie Falco. I was in favor of her nomination last year, and think she deserved it. But this year, there are people who would deserve it more.

Andy Samberg in Brooklyn Nine-Nine. In my opinion, he delivers a pretty one-sided performance.

-Same here: Sofia Vergara.

Homeland. That doesn’t need any explanation. Same goes for Damien Lewis, who shouldn’t be nominated because of his limited screentime and storyline.

Emilia Clarke won’t be nominated. Daenerys Targaryen will.

Words Count
    Topics:

The Emmys has slots to fill. Big name Oscar winners and nominees will fill them. End of story.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Participant
    Topics:

Some that have not been mentioned:

• The Showtime guys: I have no idea if Don Cheadle, Matt LeBlanc and possibly William H. Macy had good material this season, which puts me on the same level as the academy
    • Celebrities who did a good job hosting Saturday Night Live a few years ago
    • Everything related to Downton Abbey
    • Perennial Mad Men nominees like Robert Morse and Christina Hendricks
    ReplyCopy URL
    probablyROB
    Participant
    Topics:

Matt LeBlanc is a very deserving nominee.  He pretty much carries a good show that when it has great moments he’s usually responsible.

ReplyCopy URL
    ETPhoneHome
    Participant
    Topics:

Matt LeBlanc is a very deserving nominee.  He pretty much carries a good show that when it has great moments he’s usually responsible.

Agreed. LeBlanc will deserve a nomination, because without him, there is nothing to that show.

I don’t think there is anything deserving about Emilia Clarke yet in GoT. She is basically in less than 5 minutes in each episode, and isn’t any different than previous seasons.

ReplyCopy URL
    Denis
    Participant
    Topics:

I believe Diamantopoulos [Episodes] is a very deserving nominee and, he seems to be everywhere this days so, I hope he gains momentum come nomination time.

ReplyCopy URL
    mikeboy898
    Participant
    Topics:

I’ll echo what’s been previously said. Modern Family love needs to die down a bit, but I don’t think it will. Ty Burrell, Julie Bowen, and Eric Stonestreet are the only deserving nominations IMO.

American Horror Story: Coven was entertaining, but absolutely a mess. It will get in, but for the first time, I really don’t think it’s deserving of a series nomination. The actresses carry that show and I hope to see Jessica Lange, Kathy Bates, and Angela Bassett get nominations. 

ReplyCopy URL
    James Coughlin
    Participant
    Topics:

Anything related to Breaking Bad.
    Downton Abbey
    The Big Bang Theory
    Girls
    Homeland

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.

ReplyCopy URL
    darioc
    Participant
    Topics:

Girls, The Big Bang Theory, Homeland and Downton Abbey need to be left out of the Series categories. Wayyy too many more deserving shows to fill their slots

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

Modern Family is the most overrated show currently on the air.

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

I know that this show (for the life of me I cannot get into this show.) probably will be nominated but I think the spot “Girls” might take for comedy series would be underserved.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Reply To: Non-Deserving Frontrunners 2014

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.